Author Topic: NCSoft Stockwatch  (Read 714733 times)

Quinch

Re: NCSoft Stockwatch
« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2012, 04:25:35 PM »
As for the latest dive... when did the NCsoft financial report come out? Maybe that has something to do with it?

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2012, 04:27:12 PM »
"Sir? We have a group of heroes from Paragon City who would like to have a word with you about your plans to foreclose on their city."

"How many? It's not like they have the resources to stop us."

"That's the thing, sir. It's all of them."
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #242 on: November 08, 2012, 05:04:16 PM »
Wow! The stock just took such a dive! Thats great! keep up the good work everyone, it's working ;)

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #243 on: November 08, 2012, 05:41:21 PM »
Don't overreact. That's the sort of fluctuation that happens. Look at the view over five years for some perspective.

Now if they get down to 50,000 a share, back where they were in 2008, then you'll see some panic.

Celtic Fist

• Underling
« Reply #244 on: November 08, 2012, 09:47:16 PM »
Short write up from one source on the reason for the big slide in the stock.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49736295

It mention the reason is a dim forecast earnings until "Blade and Soul" is released in the Chinese market next year.  Gives impression the stock value could be suppressed for a while.  Markets are fickle so to each your own opinion. 

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2012, 12:32:14 AM »
Today they hit a new 52-week low that, from what I can tell from the charts, is the lowest their stock has been in about 2 years. 

Stay strong!

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2012, 02:57:42 PM »
Indeedm, though that one has been a fairly brief blip (December 2010-January 2011). Last time their stock has been around this value for a longer amount of time was in June 2010.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Quinch

« Reply #247 on: November 10, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »
June 2010... that was the Garriott ruling, wasn't it?

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2012, 02:25:42 PM »

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2012, 02:34:07 PM »
You know, regardless of whether Obama's re-election is causing a world-wide stock market crash, our efforts can only help to make NCSoft's fall even faster. So keep it up.

I don't think this will ever happen, but isn't it entertaining to imagine plunging them down to cheap enough that we could buy their whole company? (Then again, I'm a guy who only buys lottery tickets when it's a 100 million-to-one ratio of payout to ticket price, and THEN considers it money spent on the entertainment value of imagining what I'd do with that much money. I know I'm spending money I won't see again; it's why I buy just one, and enjoy the fantasy.)

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #250 on: November 12, 2012, 04:41:41 PM »
You know, regardless of whether Obama's re-election is causing a world-wide stock market crash, our efforts can only help to make NCSoft's fall even faster. So keep it up.

I don't think this will ever happen, but isn't it entertaining to imagine plunging them down to cheap enough that we could buy their whole company? (Then again, I'm a guy who only buys lottery tickets when it's a 100 million-to-one ratio of payout to ticket price, and THEN considers it money spent on the entertainment value of imagining what I'd do with that much money. I know I'm spending money I won't see again; it's why I buy just one, and enjoy the fantasy.)

My father always said "Everybody needs a longshot."   Doubly applied here. :)

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #251 on: November 12, 2012, 05:41:18 PM »
Ahhh yes of course. Stands to reason that Wall Street are in a panic that Obama's been re-elected. He's about the most anti-business chief executive this country has ever had.

Of course he is!  He's an Illinois political hack!  If they're not chasing businesses away, they aren't "doing their job".

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #252 on: November 12, 2012, 06:11:21 PM »
While lobbyists would kill it dead, I wish Congress here in the States at least would institute a law confiscating ALL proceeds from illegal activity.

VERY slippery slope that.

Blow a red light?  That's illegal!  We're taking your car.

Killed a burglar breaking into your house and have someone classify it as unjustified?  That's homicide.  That's illegal!  We're taking your house!

The laws get changed so that something your business is doing, that was perfectly legal before, is now considered "wrong"?  We're taking your business!

Yeah.  While part of me wishes the "war on crime" had more muscle, all those protections on personal liberty and property, that politicians seem so blithely intent on eroding, are there for a reason.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #253 on: November 12, 2012, 06:26:58 PM »
VERY slippery slope that.

Blow a red light?  That's illegal!  We're taking your car.

Killed a burglar breaking into your house and have someone classify it as unjustified?  That's homicide.  That's illegal!  We're taking your house!

The laws get changed so that something your business is doing, that was perfectly legal before, is now considered "wrong"?  We're taking your business!

Yeah.  While part of me wishes the "war on crime" had more muscle, all those protections on personal liberty and property, that politicians seem so blithely intent on eroding, are there for a reason.

They did that exactly to Megaupload - and last I heard, they refused to return the seized assets and hardware, long after the seizure and other events leading to it were proven unlawful in and of themselves.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #254 on: November 12, 2012, 11:57:35 PM »

Pretty sure the penalty for homicide is a little more severe than that. I can't speak from personal experience, but I consider my source to be pretty reliable, so you can trust me on it.  ;)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Hydrith

• Underling
« Reply #255 on: November 13, 2012, 02:17:48 AM »

Depends on where you live.  Here in Alaska, I'm pretty sure you can kill a burglar who breaks into your house. :)

In the lower 48, though, I've heard stories of burglars breaking into houses, they fall down and hurt themselves, and get away with lawsuits against the owners.  People down there are nuts, it would never fly up here...but then again, we're barbarians up here.  We give away road kill to people who sign up for it :D

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #256 on: November 13, 2012, 04:23:27 AM »
Depends on where you live.  Here in Alaska, I'm pretty sure you can kill a burglar who breaks into your house. :)

In the lower 48, though, I've heard stories of burglars breaking into houses, they fall down and hurt themselves, and get away with lawsuits against the owners.  People down there are nuts, it would never fly up here...but then again, we're barbarians up here.  We give away road kill to people who sign up for it :D

not in texas, you break in someone house and they shoot you and you live, the first question authorities will ask the owner is why didnt you kill him? In fact they only have to be merely trespassing. In other states those No trespassing signs may be a joke. Here, it's serious buisness. It means they warned you, you ignored, so they can shoot you no questions asked. 

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2012, 04:40:40 AM »
not in texas, you break in someone house and they shoot you and you live, the first question authorities will ask the owner is why didnt you kill him?
As long as you don't shoot him in the back, you're good to go.  If you shoot them in the back, there will be more questions, but you're probably still going to be OK.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2012, 04:45:00 AM »
Looks like they finally levelled out at around 170,500, currently sitting at 171,000.  They're still lower now than they have been in years.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2012, 04:46:24 AM »
As long as you don't shoot him in the back, you're good to go.  If you shoot them in the back, there will be more questions, but you're probably still going to be OK.

yep.