Author Topic: NCSoft Stockwatch  (Read 714495 times)

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
Re: NCSoft Stockwatch
« Reply #320 on: November 16, 2012, 11:49:57 PM »
I think I get it now, thanks. The problem is, the people here are only intressted in Guild Wars 2 from NC-Soft, no one cares about the news from City of Heroes. I read only things like: "Ah it's this game, I played it one time, to bad they close it but... whatever..."

It's a shame...

Luna Eclypse

• New Efforts # 9,000!
  • Boss
  • Follow my on Twitter @LunaEclypse
    • Luna Eclypse on VirtueVerse
« Reply #321 on: November 17, 2012, 01:20:26 AM »
Looks like they're at a low that haven't seen since around March/April 2010.

I doubt they'll see much of an upswing when B&S and Wildstar launch, just that temporary surge of interest where people try the games and quit.
"The Remarkable Dazzling"
Luna Eclypse

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #322 on: November 17, 2012, 02:59:46 AM »
To be fair, the decline of NCsoft shares have *not* hit the news... unless you are actually *looking* for information about NCsoft shares prices, and even then, it is still more than likely going to just chuck you to the Reuters/Yahoo/bloomberg Share page for them.

Actually, it is starting to make financial news.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #323 on: November 17, 2012, 04:24:37 AM »
I cannot for the life of me find a link, but I believe I saw a report that even Korean players are disappointed with Bits and Tits; the complaint is that you run through the sparse content very fast and then are left with yet another Korean Grind where you have literally nothing to do but engage in mass battles.  Which are virtually identical to every other Korean Grind's mass battles, except with more jiggly bits.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #324 on: November 17, 2012, 04:49:01 AM »
I cannot for the life of me find a link, but I believe I saw a report that even Korean players are disappointed with Bits and Tits; the complaint is that you run through the sparse content very fast and then are left with yet another Korean Grind where you have literally nothing to do but engage in mass battles.  Which are virtually identical to every other Korean Grind's mass battles, except with more jiggly bits.

so their supposed "next big thing" is also flopping in the one place that they thought it would succeed regardless lol

ncsoft doesnt seem to know jack about their clientele

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #325 on: November 17, 2012, 12:04:16 PM »

I remember reading a similar report, Blade & Soul's player retention wasn't great. I'll have a poke around a bit later to try and find it.

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
« Reply #326 on: November 17, 2012, 04:05:25 PM »
I think this is what you all speaking of . . I came across it and thought of you all. :)

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/08/133_117289.html

Umm intresting.

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #327 on: November 17, 2012, 04:21:58 PM »
That was the one. rae posted it last month:

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5654.0

dior

• Minion
« Reply #328 on: November 18, 2012, 08:39:25 PM »
I can't shake the feeling there is something seriously wrong with that picture.

Nothing seriously wrong with that chart!! Its the way we want it to be going isnt it?

If it were your health chart, they would be wheeling you into Intensive Care!

Im just getting ready to send NCSoft Board of Directors a "we wish you a merry and prosperous christmas" card.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #329 on: November 18, 2012, 10:39:04 PM »
Nothing seriously wrong with that chart!! Its the way we want it to be going isnt it?

If it were your health chart, they would be wheeling you into Intensive Care!

Im just getting ready to send NCSoft Board of Directors a "we wish you a merry and prosperous christmas" card.

I'd rather send them an Ebenezer Scrooge card with Scrooge saying "You should die and decrease the surplus population."
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #330 on: November 18, 2012, 11:32:22 PM »
I'd rather send them an Ebenezer Scrooge card with Scrooge saying "You should die and decrease the surplus population."

VV, I think the implication of dior's card is that selling the game would make us merry and them prosperous (or at least less poor).

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #331 on: November 18, 2012, 11:52:21 PM »
I know I don't want anyone to die. Yet.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

V-Mink

• Lieutenant
  • Greenside
« Reply #332 on: November 19, 2012, 12:11:41 AM »

I'd settle for them being visited by the Ghosts of MMO Gaming Past, Present, and Future...

Future: "Remember that crappy game company that shut down decent games, then all the companies did the same thing and shut down good games in favor of crrrrrrrap?  So we all told them to get stuffed, made our own games that were, you know, fun, and the publishers failed to make any more money and went out of business?  Yeah, good times.  What was the name of that company, anyway?"

Yeah, I know, pipe dream, but in the long run, it's better that they get hit with a clue-by-four.  Sometimes, the best thing is not to "make more money."

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #333 on: November 19, 2012, 09:01:45 AM »
VV, I think the implication of dior's card is that selling the game would make us merry and them prosperous (or at least less poor).
I was under the impression it was sarcastic. The only thing it was missing is "Good luck with that."
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #334 on: November 19, 2012, 04:50:14 PM »
Looks like NC's momentarily levelled out again.  Has anyone been on the lookout for any information they've released to the public on their business plans?  I'm kinda wondering if this is just a bunch of speculators taking a chance on a random low-stock, or if there's something behind this sudden lack of abject free-fall.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #335 on: November 19, 2012, 04:53:12 PM »
Haven't seen any news, but it's pretty much impossible to tell from only one data point. Could be normal fluctuations, could be people buying because it's lower, could be that it was overvalued to begin with and is now closer to the equilibrium point.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #336 on: November 19, 2012, 05:39:56 PM »
Maybe just investors banking on the holiday spending. It's hard to think any company that markets to kids won't see at least some improvement in December.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #337 on: November 19, 2012, 05:44:11 PM »
Maybe just investors banking on the holiday spending. It's hard to think any company that markets to kids won't see at least some improvement in December.
Be that as it may, right now I'm kinda hoping NC winds up with a lump of coal big enough to solve the fossil fuel crisis indefinitely.

Celtic Fist

• Underling
« Reply #338 on: November 19, 2012, 06:21:37 PM »
Article from the Korea Times being discussed on the media thread.  Provides some details on the fall of the stock value for NCsoft.  I wrote a short email thanking the author for article.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/11/134_124954.html

Celtic Fist

Harermuir

• Minion
« Reply #339 on: November 21, 2012, 10:26:08 PM »
Do we have any way to increase the fall of NCsoft stockwatch ? I mean by raising some fund to buy ad space in some korean or US economical newspaper, and use this for an open letter to stockholder, pointing, as customer, how we feel NCsoft decision is poor from an economical view, cutting down a project who could have been beneficial without any promotion, letting some valuable ressource sleeping (i think of the IP) when they can be sold or rented, choosing to target narrower audience with new project ? Sure, this is dirtier that we have done from now. But i think we should bring the bad publicity where it will really matter.