Author Topic: NCSoft Stockwatch  (Read 714735 times)

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
Re: NCSoft Stockwatch
« Reply #500 on: December 05, 2012, 01:30:09 AM »
I do believe that's a free fall.
http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/overview?symbol=036570.KS

Screw free fall, that's pulling a Thelma & Louise right off the nearest cliff!  O_o

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #501 on: December 05, 2012, 01:31:22 AM »
Hmm.  Folks, anyone got an address for Nexxon?  Their big money-maker is Maple Story.  I could make the case CoH functioned rather like Maple Story for many of the players (the RPers specifically) with the rich ability to social-network within the game itself.  We might be able to do a back-door on NCSoft via Nexxon.

Here is the American office  - Pretty sure its acurate - Source = http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/1628009/0/Nexon_Americas_HQ_adress_and_phone_number.html

Nexon America Inc.
Los Angeles CA 90005
213-389-3440

HQ is in Japan somewhere.

http://company.nexon.co.jp/

Might wanna try google translate but it dont help much but it helps a little.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #502 on: December 05, 2012, 01:32:34 AM »
Screw free fall, that's pulling a Thelma & Louise right off the nearest cliff!  O_o

At least Thelma and Louise were having fun...  8)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #503 on: December 05, 2012, 01:32:54 AM »
We're not looking for scorched earth, here. If this does mean layoffs, which it most likely does, the first ones to go are not going to be anyone on our shit list. It'll be people like GM_Lloyd or Hitstreak: good people just doing their jobs, not decision makers.

So far, everyone one with whom we've directly interacted with at NCSoft have been good people. It's the heartless barstewards at the top who we hate.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #504 on: December 05, 2012, 01:35:00 AM »
Quite a line of sociopathic thinking there....

Vengeful, yes. Short-sighted? Yes. Sociopathic, not necessarily.

That said, I don't support a scorched-earth policy either. I want NCSoft to sell the IP and then go about their business, not to watch their employees get cast to the 4 economic winds like the Paragon crew were.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #505 on: December 05, 2012, 01:38:11 AM »
I said it before, if anyone hasn't jumped ship, they deserve their plight.  NCSoft WILL cut off their hands and feet and then the arms and legs to save the head.  Anyone working there at the appropriate appendage level still... well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn0WdJx-Wkw

Pretty much.  Time to be looking for something else to do, because that ship is sinking fast at 144k KRW.  It's not if.  It's when they lose their jobs now, so be proactive.

I know it sucks.  I'm not happy about the colateral damage being generated, but it's NOT OUR FAULT.  NCSoft corporate screwed themselves by being stupid, and this is simply BUSINESS.  And not even our business, the business of investing... they are now a bad investment, apparently, because they can't be trusted to run a company correctly.  Simple as that.  CoH is sort of icing on the cake of their bad management, what with the 5 MMOs shut down as well as the Garriott stupidness.

Bail, peons.  Bail as if your life depended on it, because it pretty much does.   That's my take, anyway.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #506 on: December 05, 2012, 01:39:10 AM »
Vengeful, yes. Short-sighted? Yes. Sociopathic, not necessarily.

That said, I don't support a scorched-earth policy either. I want NCSoft to sell the IP and then go about their business, not to watch their employees get cast to the 4 economic winds like the Paragon crew were.

That's my ideal outcome, honestly. But until they do sell they are still my enemy, and I refuse to show them any mercy what-so-ever. After all, they showed us none.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #507 on: December 05, 2012, 01:39:27 AM »
Rerardless of anything, NcSoft needs a good PR spin. The best thing that comes to mind is embracing the CoH's communty's want to have the game back online. It would be a reversal of the negative backlash already affecting them. If they continue to march forward, as they are, then it will be a continued example of the bad practices that have brought them to this low.

Fulcrum

• Lieutenant
  • The Phoenix Effect
« Reply #508 on: December 05, 2012, 01:41:59 AM »
Quite a line of sociopathic thinking there....

Sociopaths have a use.  They can go in do a job that needs to be done that no one else is willing to do.

And they don't care.  8)

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #509 on: December 05, 2012, 01:44:50 AM »
Its the people making the decisions at NCSoft that I have issues with, not the majority of their employees.

Of course so long as companies like Wal-Mart, Monsanto, and pretty much every big-oil business exist, places like NCSoft don't quite inspire the same level of ire in me.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #510 on: December 05, 2012, 01:46:35 AM »
I'm not advocating mercy, just moderation and strategy.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #511 on: December 05, 2012, 01:55:55 AM »
That's my ideal outcome, honestly. But until they do sell they are still my enemy, and I refuse to show them any mercy what-so-ever. After all, they showed us none.

I could live with them showing us no mercy if they'd showed any to Paragon Studios.

How many employees work at the Seattle office? More or less than the 80 that they threw away three months ago?

We need a full court press on TF Hail Mary and knock it out of the park.
Hat trick.

Or to put it another way, we've got 'em against the ropes now, and if we can just line up a hole in one we can launch a piledriver right in their sticky wickets.
Something from curling.

Sajaana

• Boss
« Reply #512 on: December 05, 2012, 02:18:03 AM »
They are rallying from the big, 10% drop early in trading.  They are a little under 8% loss from where they started today.

We need to go get the article to the WSJ or Wired or something.  The recent bad PR here and with the Seattle "restructuring" might be shaking confidence.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #513 on: December 05, 2012, 02:29:47 AM »
It tanked all the way down to 141kW, but it popped back up a bit to 146kW. Still a -12kW drop from yesterday even after the uptick.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #514 on: December 05, 2012, 02:35:27 AM »
I do believe that's a free fall.
http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/overview?symbol=036570.KS
And they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Quite a line of sociopathic thinking there...
Sociopathic?  Sociopathic was killing a vital community.  Sociopathic was gutting a development studio that was operating in the black.  Sociopathic was giving aforementioned community bullshit non-answers when asked why.  Sociopathic was laying off even more western employees in the face of a scathing-yet-entirely-deserved onslaught of negative press, all because they can't grow a pair of cojones and admit that they screwed up and go back and make things right!

I have no more sympathy for NCsoft as a company.  The individual base-level employees?  I feel real sorry for them, especially the ones in danger of being laid off.  I really hope they find new jobs as their company folds up.  But for NCsoft's leadership?  Haha, nope.  No sympathy for them at all - they're the ones the suffering little guys should blame.

After all, they're the ones that brought this whole mess down on NCsoft's head.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #515 on: December 05, 2012, 02:36:11 AM »
Which is still pretty much a free fall. Any US company that took a dip of $11 in stock over the course of a day would collectively soil themselves and start looking at who to fire for this debacle. Oh. Wait.

* DrakeGrimm eyes NCSoft's Seattle office with a sad, knowing gaze.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

PartyKake

• Minion
« Reply #516 on: December 05, 2012, 02:42:54 AM »
And I guess that you don't give 2 hoots about how Beastyle was doing? Guess you weren't worried about putting him out of a job.

Yeah, as i said, nice line of sociopathic thinking....

And i thought we were *better* than this. But honestly not giving 2 hoots about the fact that you could well be directly responsible for making people unemployed doesn't even bother you? Guess that means that you are truly a sociopath.

Did you weep for the independent contractors who were still working at their posts on the second Death Star?

Didn't think so.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #517 on: December 05, 2012, 02:47:20 AM »
And I guess that you don't give 2 hoots about how Beastyle was doing? Guess you weren't worried about putting him out of a job.

Yeah, as i said, nice line of sociopathic thinking....
We weren't the one who put Beastyle out of a job.  NCsoft did.  They could've done numerous things prior to now to avoid having to lay off anyone, let alone Beastyle.  But they didn't, and what's worse, they didn't even give us a genuine, believable reason as to why.

Don't blame us for NCsoft's dumb decisions, please.  I respect you too much to believe you'd stoop that low.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #518 on: December 05, 2012, 02:49:51 AM »
Beastyle isn't out of a job. Yet.

And, considering the OSHA compliance on the Death Star, getting blown up was the least of their problems. Seriously, have the people in that galaxy even heard of a railing?

Fulcrum

• Lieutenant
  • The Phoenix Effect
« Reply #519 on: December 05, 2012, 02:52:12 AM »
Beastyle isn't out of a job. Yet.

And, considering the OSHA compliance on the Death Star, getting blown up was the least of their problems. Seriously, have the people in that galaxy even heard of a railing?

People in that universe know better than to walk too close to a 30km drop. ;)