Author Topic: NCSoft Stockwatch  (Read 714570 times)

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: NCSoft Stockwatch
« Reply #920 on: December 15, 2012, 12:17:55 PM »
I can say at less the Dead or Alive movie D.O.A was better then Van Dam's Street Fighter.
But really how hard is it to make a video game in to a movie Hollywood?!
With or without executive meddling turning the plot and characters inside out?
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #921 on: December 15, 2012, 03:51:10 PM »
And another in the previews. Way to tarnish an otherwise decent and much-needed night out for me, NCsoft  >:(

Well then you'll be happy to hear about this posting at the Save City of Heroes FB page:

Sitting in movie theater and saw a guild wars 2 commercial.

Someone said out loud "Don't play it! They closed City of Heroes and treated the fans horribly!"

Applause erupted.

Quinch

« Reply #922 on: December 15, 2012, 03:53:12 PM »
Well then you'll be happy to hear about this posting at the Save City of Heroes FB page:

Seriously?

Seriously?

Please tell me seriously. It's almost too awesome too believe.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #923 on: December 15, 2012, 04:24:12 PM »
Seriously?

Seriously?

Well I wasn't the one there. But I assume the guy was telling the truth. Bunch of geeks in the audience apparently knew what was going on with the gaming world etc.

I wouldn't assume we've gone mainstream to non-geeks. But if we're that well-known in geek/gaming circles and if NCSoft has become that universally reviled.

Well then...

BTW - the guy clarified that Arenanet wasn't even mentioned or referenced in the advertisement, which to me seemed rather curious. I don't know if that's normal. But at minimum, it means that people were reacting to the NCSoft logo and not to Arenanet. That's good. Try not to hate on Anet. Just focus on NCSoft.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #924 on: December 15, 2012, 04:36:28 PM »
Seriously?

Seriously?

I know!

Made my day!

BTW - the guy clarified that Arenanet wasn't even mentioned or referenced in the advertisement, which to me seemed rather curious. I don't know if that's normal. But at minimum, it means that people were reacting to the NCSoft logo and not to Arenanet. That's good. Try not to hate on Anet. Just focus on NCSoft.

*starwars* Stay on target... stay on target. */starwars*

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #925 on: December 15, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
Best damn quote of the movie - and possibly one of the top 5 villain quotes of all time:

Chun Li: You and your bullies were driven back by farmers with pitchforks! My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away! A hero... at a thousand paces.
Bison: I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it.
Chun Li: You don't remember?
Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
Good times.  When Mako invaded Pinnacle, it was on a Tuesday, so yeah, we yelled a paraphrase of that at him.
Zwill seemed amused by that and our swimwear...

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #926 on: December 15, 2012, 06:38:21 PM »

Oooooh, superb burn! I hope its true. Nice :D
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #927 on: December 15, 2012, 09:48:42 PM »
Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Rewrite it a little and it becomes more trenchantly appropriate:

Taek Jin Kim: For you, the day NCSoft shuttered your game was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Friday.

I'm also reminded of Thulsa Doom's line from Conan the Barbarian:

For who now is your father if it is not me? I am the well spring, from which you flow. When I am gone, you will have never been. What would your world be, without me?

NCSoft, by its actions, has made all of us its enemies. And while we may be willing to cease actively working to ensure that it regrets its actions, there is no way to avoid the fact that this is something that NCSoft have brought upon itself; we would not be dragging its face in the muck had it not chosen to stand aloof and treat the CoH playerbase like a fungible commodity.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #928 on: December 16, 2012, 03:24:15 AM »
fungible commodity.

I would not like to be made into fungi.

Otherwise, agreed?
Woo! - Argent Girl

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #929 on: December 16, 2012, 03:38:12 AM »
I tweeted the Kim line, smralloy. Don't worry, if anyone asks, I won't take credit. Good stuff. :)

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #930 on: December 16, 2012, 11:12:29 PM »
NCsoft is not Crey.  It's not a Nemesis front company.  It's a business with an eye on the bottom line, troubled stocks, and internal politics, separated from most of us by an ocean and a very different culture (business and otherwise).

They should have thought of that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before making tens of thousands of new enemies, all on a whim.

I feel zero sympathy.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #931 on: December 16, 2012, 11:53:41 PM »
I would not like to be made into fungi.

Different origin -- 'fungible' comes from the same root as 'function'. What it means is something that is indistinguishably interchangeable. Money is fungible -- if I lend you a $10 bill, it doesn't matter whether you replay me with the same $10 bill, a different $10 bill, two $5 bills, a $5 bill and five $1 bills, or ten $1 bills -- it's all the same value. NCSoft treating us like a fungible commodity means that they see us as, in effect, faceless peons, a subset of an effectively endless supply. Why should they care about individual players? They lose one -- or ten, or ten thousand -- and there are plenty more where those came from who will step up give them money.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #932 on: December 17, 2012, 12:26:53 AM »
Different origin -- 'fungible' comes from the same root as 'function'. What it means . . .

Its called a puuuuun  :'(

There it goes, all my funniness is used up. Time to go on youtube and start making comedy videos, or start pitching my jokes to square enix for their localizations.  :gonk:
Woo! - Argent Girl

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #933 on: December 17, 2012, 02:15:18 AM »
Its called a puuuuun  :'(

There it goes, all my funniness is used up. Time to go on youtube and start making comedy videos, or start pitching my jokes to square enix for their localizations.  :gonk:

Hey, I thought it was funny. I was gonna be all like "I don't know, I'm told I can be a pretty fungi" :D

...but then I got distracted and forgot :-\

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #934 on: December 17, 2012, 02:15:56 AM »
Now I want pizza with Mushrooms on it. Thanks a lot! ;)
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #935 on: December 17, 2012, 03:04:02 AM »
They should have thought of that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before making tens of thousands of new enemies, all on a whim.

I feel zero sympathy.
THIS
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #936 on: December 17, 2012, 07:28:22 AM »
So... it looks like last week's boost was just a rock they hit on the way down.
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #937 on: December 17, 2012, 03:37:31 PM »
Their stock tanking again, is it?
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #938 on: December 17, 2012, 03:48:42 PM »
yup, its -4% right now, -7000 won putting their shares back to about 158,000 won

HarvesterOfEyes

• Lieutenant
  • Mine is to collect from the wicked.
« Reply #939 on: December 17, 2012, 06:24:06 PM »
If the company's finances are structurally unsound the price will "tank" that is drop and stay relatively low for the long term. [ie Facebook]

Everything else is short-term fluctuation.