Author Topic: Let's keep going.  (Read 886 times)

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Let's keep going.
« on: September 22, 2012, 07:07:07 AM »
Hello everyone.

I don't have very many useful skills as a undergrad.  Most of my time has been devoted to studying for the LSAT, which is two weeks from tomorrow (crunch time, yeah?).  I've mostly been abusing my Twitter powers in class.  I know we're all probably a little down right now.  NCsoft has made it clear that they plan on sunsetting the game, Paragon Studios is being lost to other studios and Zwill has just left (most likely been fired).  However, this isn't the time to start wallowing in self-pity.  And we should, under no circumstances, be giving up.  It's understandable to be upset and downtrodden.  But please, I know you all love this game and this community.  So let's move forward.  Let's push harder, make more noise, explore other options. 

I'm literally begging you, let's keep going.  The only thing that is going to defeat us now is... us.  So please do not lose faith!  There are options and we have power.  Powers, even!  We're superheroes, after all.  This post is partly to reassure myself, but it's also to show everyone that I do not plan on giving up.  You shouldn't either. 

Let's keep going.Let's keep going.Let's keep going.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: Let's keep going.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 07:17:22 AM »
Wild dogs and pry bars. I'm telling you, that's what it'll take to drag me away from our City. Heck, even that might not work.  ;D

I'll keep fighting and stand my ground. Together, there is nothing we cannot do. We've faced insurmountable odds before, and we've overcome amazing obstacles already. There's no reason to quit now! What was the point of all of that, just to throw in the towel!?

I'm not good for much, most days, but I'm stubborn as a mule and twice as mean when I put my mind to it. I'll fight for our City, and I'll wield my pen like a mighty flaming sword until the words finally fail me.

We've faced alien invaders, ancient demonic evils, multi-dimensional tyrants, and countless other trials and staggering challenges. What hopes does one little publishing company have against our combined might? When things begin to get difficult, when it seems like darkness is closing in, remember.

Remember that you are not alone. Remember that an entire City of Heroes backs you. Remember that you are a hero.

We are heroes, all of us. And this is what we do.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
Re: Let's keep going.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 07:45:37 AM »
I had all but stopped playing CoH due to system issues. My computer continually kept overheating and crashing.

This gave me the incentive to tear apart my laptop, repaste down my coolers, and refurbish up my machine back to running spec again.