Author Topic: We need more visibility  (Read 7443 times)

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
Re: We need more visibility
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 01:37:47 PM »
That MIGHT be getting out of "fair use" and into "NCSoft could demand we stop that" territory. Of course, that might, itself, be negative publicity for them if they tried, but...

We should be careful with this one. Maybe ask Olantern if he has any knowledge on whether that falls into Fair Use or not? I know he's said that's not his specialty, but he's the most knowledgeable person on this board about the subject to my knowledge.

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 04:19:29 PM »
Nay, when you're making that much sense, you can stay up late. But only if you finish your homework. (grin)

Dude, that's what I tell my KIDS. ;)

(Yes, I'm old enough to have kids who have to do homework. :)

My gut feeling about using COH for election politics is...very iffy. I don't think that's going to fall under fair use. We've already seen several successful cease and desist letters from musician groups to political campaigns, as well as at least one lawsuit. I also tend to think that those kinds of things cost money. LOTS of money. Money which would be, I think, better served in contributing to buy-out offers...which we can then use to generate more money for advertising.
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 09:12:40 PM »
On the general topic of visiblity, this from Twitter this afternoon:

@Birder_Katie

@thetitannetwork Feasible to do a fullpage ad of support in a big paper, like NYT? Everyone who chips in could have a name on ad. #SaveCoH
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Riff

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 09:48:36 PM »
this is a QR given that I've not read every post in this thread.

I agree with the OP in that we need to get the message out to a much wider audience - and that's pretty tricky. CoH isn't real to anyone who isn't a player. It's "just" a game, right? We need to get the word out and challenge that perception.

We're getting spammed with "social media gurus" Let's use that. Challenge them to put their mouth where there money is!

My gut instinct is we're making a huge impact in a small bubble. We need to take that energy outside of the bubble and that's not so easy - that's where we need to get a concerted attack. Mainstream media might be a way to crack it but how do we get a story?

And in just thinking about this....

Animal Rescue Shelters.  I'm gonna throw this up as a separate thread- just an idea.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2012, 09:54:06 PM »
My gut instinct is we're making a huge impact in a small bubble. We need to take that energy outside of the bubble and that's not so easy - that's where we need to get a concerted attack. Mainstream media might be a way to crack it but how do we get a story?
Contact your friends, friends of friends, and other contacts who have any connection to the media. Talk them into inviting their media friends to a special "Media Titans" day.

Get experienced players who will mentor, in groups or even 1:1, these media people who show up to play, to see this story. Walk them through character generation, through the first mission, and then through the first few missions of a story arc. Form teams of new (media) players led by an experienced one who's mentored down to (or made a new character down at) the new players' level. Show them a good time, answer their questions about what makes the game great, share anecdotes. Get some of those who've given testimonials to tell their stories in interview sessions/press conferences "in character."

Explain the situation as we understand it, and why they should care, why this is a story worth writing.

And, if they had fun, invite them to come back...for as long as the game keeps going. Mention that we're trying to save the game, because (insert your own reason here).

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 10:02:26 PM »
On the general topic of visiblity, this from Twitter this afternoon:

Would try to pitch in a bit, name or no name.