Author Topic: Recorded Posi TF on Posi day (saturday)  (Read 1552 times)

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
Recorded Posi TF on Posi day (saturday)
« on: September 22, 2012, 06:39:57 PM »
I have the demo player but no clue how to make it in to a video format... any one have advice?

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: Recorded Posi TF on Posi day (saturday)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 07:38:48 PM »
Most use Fraps, but Fraps is completely uncompressed and you'll need a video editor if you want to do a 'highlights' video. Or if you just want to post the whole thing, you'll still need to encode it to something like divx or wmv, otherwise you'll be trying to upload a raw 50GB file to youtube.

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 04:07:01 PM »
Most use Fraps, but Fraps is completely uncompressed and you'll need a video editor if you want to do a 'highlights' video. Or if you just want to post the whole thing, you'll still need to encode it to something like divx or wmv, otherwise you'll be trying to upload a raw 50GB file to youtube.
Yea I have the Windows video editor (used to have a version of adobe premier at one point but that is sadly gone), any way thanks I'll look that up
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:22:52 PM by TonyV »

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »
Yea I have the gay Windows video editor (used to have a version of adobe premier at one point but that is sadly gone), any way thanks I'll look that up

There are many other programs out there that people can use for cheap or free that are better than what is provided by Windows.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:23:04 PM by TonyV »
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 10:24:09 PM »
well, as has been said.  you'd need to play back the demo with a screen capture program like fraps running.

Once you have the captured video, then you can either Edit, or just re encode in a better format.  That would be a job for something like RAD video tools, or FFDSHOW, or a couple of others.