Author Topic: Don't give up on this yet = it's not time to get out of the Bunkers yet!  (Read 9751 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: Don't give up on this yet = it's not time to get out of the Bunkers yet!
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 04:51:08 AM »
What this says to me is that they are going to try and wear us out.  We can't let that happen.

QFT
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 04:52:40 AM »
We'll just have to keep at it and make sure they realize we can't be ignored. I refer to this period as "Siege Mode," and I mean that in every sense of the word. Most sieges that fail, fail because the siegers quit and went home. I'm not about to do that.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 05:02:29 AM »
Mainly, remember that this is going to be difficult not merely because we must keep up the effort, but because we must be offering the hand of friendship, if they but will reach back out to grasp it, while we continue to keep up pressure. Because the only way this works out to our satisfaction is by convincing them that working with us (or at least, towards our desired ends) is the best path for them. If we ever let it become a pure enmity, there will be no reason for NCSoft not to take a hard line purely to spite us. Let alone to do so out of a combination of spite, resignation, and a determination that their original plans are the easiest.

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 05:06:20 AM »
What this says to me is that they are going to try and wear us out.  We can't let that happen.
Thats exactly what worries me.  The longer this is going on, the less people are logging on.  The most populated channel on Pinn (that I know of) is currently sitting at just 23, and this is a channel that I have NEVER seen dip below 50 on the slowest of nights, and I fear it's just going to get worse.  I admit to having my resolve shaken a bit with the loss of Zwil, expected as it may have been, along with the loss of players among other things, but I will be here til the end (and beyond) with a faith that, even if shaken, will not be broken.  I don't think I would still be here if I didn't feel deep down that something will happen, so whatever the plan is, you can count this hero in it to win it, just tell me what and where.  I only wish I could say the same for my missing compatriots.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2012, 05:16:30 AM »
Well, put out a call to those still on to ask their friends to come back on.

Arrange events to attract those who've decided to quit "just one last time," and then ask them what they'd do to see it continue.

I confess to not being a player, myself; I haven't played in years. I don't have the name, face, nor connections to rally people in-game, even if Segev-the-villain is still there should I try to recreate my account. But those of you who do, if it is saddening you to see people dwindle in numbers, ask them to come back. That is another use for the "other social media" that people have been discussing using to get the story out: re-connect with those who've left. Invite them to this forum, as it seems a central gathering place. Point them to the poll asking what people would pay if it continued. Get real numbers up.

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 05:55:40 AM »
This weekend will mark one month since the news about the game.  How hard would it be to try to organize another stand in event like on Virtue?  Maybe if we do one every month or so, with roughly the same numbers, it'll show our resolve in a way that we need.

Viridian Surge

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 06:03:56 AM »
Prior to the announcement by NCSoft to shutdown Paragon Studios and City of Heroes,
I was playing about once a week. Since the announcement, even when I don't feel like logging on or feel depressed
I at least log on to a server and stand in vigil with other players.

Currently I have been on about five days a week.  Been playing with a friend at least 3 times a week.

So to others, who are feeling sad or depressed and don't feel like logging, how about logging on and stand vigil in Atlas Park.
You may not be running missions, but at least you will be supporting City of Heroes. To avoid being logged off from being afk too long, get mission from Architect Entertainment so that you are in Task Force mode.

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 06:44:52 AM »

+1 for truth.  Its something I've seen more than once, a mind set of "we do not see you, therefore you do not exist.  Since you do hot exist we shall continue to not see you for as long as it takes for you to bow to OUR will"

I've seen it from Asian groups of all nationalities at times, too.  not just koreans. 

Knightward

• Minion
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 09:38:31 AM »
I've been logging in and playing every day (or as close as I can manage) since the announcement.  At best I'm contributing to server activity, which keeps the pressure on in the negotiations/siege as near as I can tell.  At worst I'm enjoying it while I still can.

I'm too angry to be depressed.  I'm too stubborn to give up.  And while I waver between hope and despair, I don't need hope to keep me going.  I keep going because I should, regardless of the outcome.

Don't be sad.  Be mad.

RogerWilco

• Lieutenant
  • The Adventurous Janitor
    • The Conclave - International Gaming Community
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 11:53:52 AM »
You, a South Korean publisher, abruptly laid off 80+ good, hard-working Americans IN THIS COUNTRY who were working on a profitable, self-sustaining IP just because they didn't fit into your Masterplan.
Please refrain from using this kind of language. I care about the 80 people at PS losing their job and the game they made. I don't care if they were from the USA or NCsoft is from Korea and using this kind of language to frame the discussion is not helping. I'm not American or Korean and I think it's not relevant and bringing it up look immature.

I will follow TonyV as far as actions go, he seems to have done things I can agree with so far.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 12:55:44 PM »
You know, I had a post for Carbine Studios and Wildstar ready to go. I posted the draft a couple of hours ago in this thread here: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5307.0.html

Wondering if I should proceed or not.

You guys have convinced me that it's time to turn the screws a little bit tighter.

deathbringer0311

• Underling
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 04:17:24 PM »
I think this Korean owned NCsoft company is about to say the same words that Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto said, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." and i hope they get the same outcome! (financially that is)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 04:30:45 PM by deathbringer0311 »

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »
Thats exactly what worries me.  The longer this is going on, the less people are logging on.  The most populated channel on Pinn (that I know of) is currently sitting at just 23, and this is a channel that I have NEVER seen dip below 50 on the slowest of nights, and I fear it's just going to get worse.  I admit to having my resolve shaken a bit with the loss of Zwil, expected as it may have been, along with the loss of players among other things, but I will be here til the end (and beyond) with a faith that, even if shaken, will not be broken.  I don't think I would still be here if I didn't feel deep down that something will happen, so whatever the plan is, you can count this hero in it to win it, just tell me what and where.  I only wish I could say the same for my missing compatriots.

Well, I dunno about the other people, but I haven't been logging in much because Borderlands 2 just came out.  That would've distracted me no matter what.  Torchlight 2 just came out as well.   That's two long awaited games that would've depressed server populations somewhat no matter what, not sure how much of an effect they're having exactly.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 04:29:32 PM »

I know - they seem to thnik that this will just blow over - that's why we need to keep up the pressure, and find new ways to spread the story.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

TheFlea

• Minion
  • The Grandfather of Spine/SRs in PvP.
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 05:45:12 PM »
It's about endurance and it's about noise. We have to keep making noise. The moment the whispers fade away we've lost.

It's actually fairly common practice to just try and weather the storm. We have to show them that this storm isn't going anywhere and any lapses are simply the eye of the storm. But I understand the fatigue that's setting in. People are burning out and for that I say this - take a few days break and come back to it. Don't burn yourself out early on. Pace yourselves, keep going and persevere.

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 06:33:42 PM »
Absolutely.

They are playing a game of attrition with us.  I just posted about this.. but, the more we drop, the less of a splash they have at shutdown.
@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2012, 02:22:20 AM »
somebody's been stalkin my posts eh? ;-)
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 03:38:27 AM »
Zwill leaving shook me more than anything else.  That he's been so silent on the matter bugs me, knowing how talkative he was with the forum.

His silence is deafening.

I log in and wander around rather aimlessly.  My Global list is grey.

I hate soloing.

It's been really hard to go in lately, to see all this that I've worked so hard on, the base I've built with my grandfather's memory.  The characters I've created so long ago (before CoH even) and living and moving and fighting and saving... doing what they were always meant to do, to be...

And it hurts to feel it all slipping away.

But CoH isn't just a game. It's family.  It's a friend.  I don't turn my back on my friends when they need me the most.

I'm not about to start now.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 04:00:12 AM »
Zwill leaving shook me more than anything else.  That he's been so silent on the matter bugs me, knowing how talkative he was with the forum.

I hate soloing.

It's been really hard to go in lately, to see all this that I've worked so hard on, the base I've built with my grandfather's memory.  The characters I've created so long ago (before CoH even) and living and moving and fighting and saving... doing what they were always meant to do, to be...

But CoH isn't just a game. It's family.  It's a friend.  I don't turn my back on my friends when they need me the most.

Zwill's likely been buried under NDAs. Don't let it dishearten you. We all stand proud and tall together. :)
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 09:02:50 AM »

I hate soloing.

Zwill is faced with a wall of "Don't you dare talk to ANYONE if you want to get your severance package and unemployment checks," I guarantee.

Transfer someone over to Virtue or Pinnacle, just to team.  There's a pile of people on CAPERadio channel that are teaming, and same on PinnBadges. 

And hang in there.

Demorecord a walkthrough of your base.  You'll want that regardless.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido