Author Topic: One letter sent to COHSunset@NCSoft.com  (Read 14891 times)

EClark

• Lieutenant
One letter sent to COHSunset@NCSoft.com
« on: September 27, 2012, 02:09:23 PM »
To Whom It May Concern:

What can I say or do that has not been said or done before to change your minds about the closure

of City of Heroes/City of Villains? You have probably heard every argument logical and illogical, have had

appeals made to your sense of compassion, fair play, or financial acumen, and listened to every tale or

story you can imagine. What could I say that could possibly make any difference.

So, I will not waste your time with lengthy appeals or long-winded rebuttals.

Instead, I offer an invitation.  Come play with us.

Join our community, share in what we have all shared in for the last 8+ years. Build a character, build

friendships, build bonds just as we have. Join in our experiences, share in our victories and defeats.

For one month, maybe more, become a Hero.  Find out what the commotion is all about, why people are

willing to sign a petition to keep a game alive, why they are willing to stage rallies and events to gain your

attention.  Why you are receiving e-mails requesting you allow this game to go on.

Come on board, wear a cape and mask, become a Hero (or a Villain, if you desire).

I will welcome you warmly, and maybe even help you gain a level or two.

Sincerely;

Eric Clarkson, a.k.a. Lago
Guardian Server
Paragon City.

'The best way to defeat an enemy is to make them your friend'.
'We are Heroes, this is what we do'.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:20:16 PM by EClark »

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
Re: One letter sent to COHSunset@NCSoft.com
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 02:21:07 PM »
I bow to your wisdom, sir. CC that to Massively, let's give that invitation some legs and have the whole community endorse it. As many as possible anyway.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 02:34:34 PM »
My name is Hawthorne Grimm, and I approve this message.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Tanglefoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 03:31:59 PM »
Best idea yet!

But didn't the FAQ say you couldn't make a new account?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:39:01 PM by Tanglefoe »

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 03:40:12 PM »
Best idea yet!

Gosh. You're right. They'd have to fix that, to come play, wouldn't they?

* DrakeGrimm whistles innocently
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Cold Bob

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 03:47:54 PM »
Good letter, simple and direct.

I cut and pasted a copy to COHSunset@NCSoft.com myself...changing the signature of course!

When I mailed in my cape and mask three weeks ago, the letter I included said largely the same thing.

frostcoh

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 03:54:41 PM »
I just sent the following.

To whom it may concern:

I strongly advise your company consider selling off the IP to City of Heroes, the news sites that cater to MMO gaming as well as some of the mainstream media are picking up onto the story about City of Heroes closure, as well as how poorly it's been handled.  People in the media are also starting to connect the dots to past game sunsets (Auto-Assault, Tabula Rasa, etc.) and are starting to connect the dots, unfortunately for you, what they see is a company that treats its customers as automated teller machines, and its employees as disposable commodities.

Aside from the traditional media coverage, the social media coverage of your company, it's investors (Nexon) and your public relations firm (Hill & Knowlton Strategies) has gotten ugly.  The twitter-sphere has blown up with rage at you, the Facebook walls for all of your games have had numerous posts from angry City of Heroes players begging your current customers to leave you, and the user base does not  seem to be giving up.  You need to do something, now The longer you prolong this bad press the weaker your company looks.

Below is a link to a google document showing all the media coverage your company has gotten.  Do note there are 3 tabs to this document, make sure you review all of them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjrAo1HdYNiddGFha0dnTzF3OEE2Nm4wUlRwSWlMRmc#gid=0

City of Heroes was making a profit, there are buyers interested, it would be a show of strength for you to sell off City of Heroes and (what is left of) Paragon Studios as soon as possible--the sooner the better. 

A former customer of yours, that will never comeback unless you sell City of Heroes to a reputable company.  I am one voice, that speaks for many.

Thank you for reading this.

Dave Babler

Mindscythe

• Lieutenant
  • "Any world is what you make of it."
    • SoR Radio
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 04:42:29 PM »
Best idea yet!

When I was getting ready for my in-class "invasion" of Paragon, I made two free accounts (one to learn the process, and one to walk my students through it). I could easily send her one of those to use. :)
"Radio... Radio... RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY!"

http://www.profj.org/theradiospeaks/

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 04:44:10 PM »
Someone has mentioned an invitation campaign, sending invitations to cohsunset@ncsoft.com to come play the game.

It is a positive spin and could be some good PR for us to boot. Good PR is hard to come by.
So, I invite anyone who watches these posts to send their own  (nice) invitation for the powers that
be at NCSoft to join CoH.

A new letter writing campaign... couldn't hurt the cause.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 07:05:21 PM »
I put in a tip at Massively to make sure they see this thread. Anyone who has more direct contacts with them or other media outlets, this is the sort of gesture that may well interest them.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 07:12:44 PM »
Another thread was talking about sending flowers to the wife of ... is it Nexon's owner or NCSoft's? I need to check myself on that.

Anyway, send invitations along with those flowers, asking her and her husband to come play in the final months.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 08:10:22 PM »
Anyway, send invitations along with those flowers, asking her and her husband to come play in the final months.

Classy. I like it. Let me know what you turn up in the way of addresses.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 08:44:14 PM »
Classy. I like it. Let me know what you turn up in the way of addresses.

You could send the flower and invites to the corporate offices. And if word just happened to get out to the press they were arriving... well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 10:46:31 PM »
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

voodoogirl

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 10:51:12 PM »
We could send funeral wreaths from Teleflora to their US offices to mourn the loss of their Western market.

padathir

• Minion
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 10:51:26 PM »
I am inspired.

Where are the postal addresses again? I have to send an invitation in tangible form.

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 11:02:43 PM »
Okay, not used to actually being listened to..... it's a new experience...
Please... please.... do your bits with class.... like the classy people I know you
really are (but hide so well  ;)  )

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 11:03:25 PM »
If the delivery address is in the US, ProFlowers.com also delivers and is an internet-orderable business.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 11:08:54 PM »
Brilliant, EClark.  Brilliant.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 11:17:51 PM »
Bless Massively.