Author Topic: Call To Action: The Community Media Project  (Read 22982 times)

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
Re: Call To Action: The Community Media Project
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 10:59:12 PM »
Could any of you obtain the 'original' hero content, the origin-specifics?  That is a ton so I would split it up.  Any volunteers to get a record of the 5-15?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 11:47:39 PM »
I could do that.  I have plenty of open slots to start a toon. Might as well do Hollows since I haven't done it in a dog's age.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

chasearcanum

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 11:58:12 PM »
Just an update:

- I've got demos of all the hollows, & faultline... working on striga. 
- These include all the contacts and several of the radio missions for those zones.
- The new villainside "starting" content.*   up through level 15.
- A boatload of villainside newspaper missions up to level 15.  We just kept doing them with xp disabled until we started seeing repeats :)

Plan to work on:
- Striga.
- Villainside contacts we can findunder level 15
- Villainside contacts 15-20.

chasearcanum

• Boss
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 12:01:15 AM »
Anyone have an idea of how to host/distribute these?

- In one way, a demorecord of a particular contact's missions would make a sensible link on the Paragonwiki article, but I doubt the file could be hosted there, and it sounds like we're going to have a lot of files rather quickly.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 12:02:59 AM »
Kay den, I shall work on the PI radio mishes until I see repeats.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 01:19:20 PM »
Have 3 villains in that level range. Will get on these tonight.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 01:43:54 PM »
hey! Just discovered something!

Would you believe I actually have an old Villain concept over on a mostly unused server that I made and then forgot about...

And they are in THE OLD VILLAIN TUTORIAL!!!

Yes! The OLD BREAKOUT!

I mean - there's been plenty of people who had old heroes in Outbreak. But how often has anyone had a chance to demo-record Breakout?

I'll get on that sometime later today when I have some time.

Oh - and I hope someone is amused by the character concept and name that this villain was.

What happens when you have a Circle of Thorns Mage get possessed by a Carnie Mask?

Why....

A Clown of Thorns of course!  *RIMSHOT*  ;D

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2012, 01:46:59 PM »
Oh and I did a demo-record of Outbreak as well. Again - old character on unused server.

Had to break it up some, since there was zoning to that office map of course. So it's 3 files. #1 is for the open map on the first part. #2 is the office map with Flower Knight. And #3 is the open map again before talking to Coyote.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2012, 01:56:52 PM »
Is there a central archive of these being put together? I can submit some tours of Rikti Crash Site, Old Faultline, and Paragon Dance Party.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2012, 02:15:46 PM »
Further - HOW do I send these files along? They're... pretty damn big!

Too big for my emailer to upload that's for sure!

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 02:20:16 PM »
if you assign me a zone i'll demorecordit and send you the files. I'm vip so i can go wherever you want.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012, 02:26:41 PM »
Atlantea, use dropbox maybe?

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 03:24:42 PM »
Perhaps a new section to Paragon wiki would be best for this?  Then it's generally editable by anyone so you can list everything out, people can sign up and upload to it (even multiple copies).  Paragonwiki also has a section that includes the various demoedit object files for npcs and objects (can't point to it now as paragonwiki is blocked by my office's sonicwall firewall.)

This project will also be handy as we can expand on that demoedit object list since it has not been updated since...maybe 2009.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2012, 12:07:36 AM »
I am not who to ask about central storage as I am not experienced with it and more importantly have a lot of OCD related challenges there, so please organize a repository if you could.

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 12:53:09 AM »
http://bit.ly/VUiFOn

A document of how media has collected and what is required.

If you plan a run of content please note the content you can do and modify the sheet when complete!

Getting everything requires a lot of people but should be possible!

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 10:46:16 PM »
If any could help obtain storage it would be a big help... there are numerous like the dropbox service but I am not registered or acquainted with any.

Victoria Victrix mentioned getting the 5-15 'standards' potentially, and OzonePrime, and chasearcanum volunteered villain content in the lower levels.

Moonfyire101 I suggest you record Nerva's content, or any of the large 'standard' content 25-40 involving the mutant, magic, or natural sources.  I should get most of the science and technology.

Radios should be a low priority but if you have any or shall get more through normal leveling that is great though the only aspects worth prioritizing are 'unique' tasks a la jewelry or safeguards.

May I please ask an admin to sticky this?

Please add a note to the spreadsheet if you get a complete record of anything or claim a particular content as a thing you plan to get.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 12:19:25 AM »
Folks, we are definitely going to see the game shut down on Nov. 30.  I don't know how long it will be down.  Honestly, although I know I (and you) will fight tooth and nail to bring it back, I can't promise it will happen, and I don't know when that will happen.  So please, while you are out there, keep turning /demorecord on.  I am. 

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2012, 12:39:43 AM »
APB took about 6 months from closing to reopening.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

jabiggers

• Minion
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2012, 01:31:43 AM »
Dropbox could work for uploading screenshots/videos, whoever creates the folder would have to share it with everyone, then they could upload anything to the folder

This requires everyone make a Dropbox account though :/

www.dropbox.com

EDIT: After looking through dropbox, if the OP wants to create an dropbox account and invite everyone else, they will get 500MB more storage per person, up to 16GB which would help and would be free. Otherwise its $10 a month for the minimum amount of 100GB if needed, just an idea
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:44:58 AM by jabiggers »

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2012, 01:39:38 AM »
Some friends and i have ben recording a bunch of stuff with Fraps and have started to share it all amongst ourselves. A good program for compressing the raw avi's to a more managable size is Handbrake - free and easy to use.