Author Topic: Is there any truth to this theory?  (Read 1050 times)

Osborn

• Boss
Is there any truth to this theory?
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:40:55 PM »
I know this is going to sound like a conspiracy theory because that's what it kind of is, but I can't shake this idea. I know we've been reassured by Cryptic Studios that they didn't have a hand in refusing the engine license for CoH to NCSoft. And on that account I believe them. But that doesn't mean they had no hand in this.

Nexon and Perfect World Entertainment had entered into a "strategic alliance". What this means is they are effectively the same company for most intents and purposes. Nexon now owns a sizable portion of NCSoft, too, if I'm understanding this right? So all these "competing brands" are effectively separate heads of the same hydra?

Therefore one hand forces the other hand to stop supporting a competing brand, the one it has less invested in. Nexons betting on the weaker horse because it has just shot the healthier horse. If I'm getting this right. Is there any merit to this?

I'm not asking this to stir up trouble or dishearten anybody. I just don't want my money going to the guys that shot my favorite MMO. And if that means giving up MMOs entirely so be it. So I just wanted to know what people thought of this.