Author Topic: ((completed)) still on the prowl for ONE more voice  (Read 5748 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
((completed)) still on the prowl for ONE more voice
« on: October 06, 2012, 08:53:45 PM »
This started out as a search for a "big evil" voice, which has been found now. To those who still wanted to contribute something to this, I could do with a couple of tough guy street thugs in a fight (sorry I don't have a spot for the ladies in that one, but psychologically it just makes sense for this MOB group) with generic tracks. "Get him!" "You're dead, hero!" Etc. And reactions to hits/ 'death cry' if you want, though don't worry too much if it sounds campy. I was probably could to license the death cries from a sound effects library because they're usually very hard to pull off.

I'm also looking for one voice for a more serious role, can be male or female.

And this isn't a requirement, so don't feel obligated, since I CAN get the thug voices from sound packs if I need to. This is just in case anybody wants to for the fun of it.

Note: this isn't as big of a deal as the last video I did with the general public in mind. It's something I'm doing for the community. That said, if anyone wants to give it a try and submit something, you can either FTP it:

ftp.fragglerockforever.com
hero@fragglerockforever.com
p0s1tr0n

Or email it to tim.hates.bunnies@gmail.com

As it turns out, I have a need for 3 or 4 lines of dialogue for a male big bad (the type that you might meet in the final mission of a coop TF). Not the typical overzealous deity voice. I'm looking for something more soft spoken, like Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter or Bane from DKR.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
Re: Anyone feel like voicing the role of a "Big evil?"
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 09:11:34 PM »
E-mail sent. :)
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 09:30:15 PM »
I know someone who is known to be really loud and has been described as a "big scary blackman" if that helps.

Enson Red Shirt

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 09:37:24 PM »
gah not the race card lol

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 09:37:57 PM »
I know someone who is known to be really loud and has been described as a "big scary blackman" if that helps.
I think he's trying to go for the more "refined" type of villain.
Ack... brain's failing to come up with examples beyond the above mentioned Voldemort...
Nicodemus from the Dresden Files also comes to mind, but I guess books might not count. (though James Marsters does a great job at his voice in the audio books)
Some of the Bond villains probably fit the bill too.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 09:39:22 PM »
I think he's trying to go for the more "refined" type of villain.
Ack... brain's failing to come up with examples beyond the above mentioned Voldemort...
Nicodemus from the Dresden Files also comes to mind, but I guess books might not count. (though James Marsters does a great job at his voice in the audio books)
Some of the Bond villains probably fit the bill too.

He can do that too...he's actually quite good at doing voices. Just trying to help that's all.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 09:47:22 PM »
He can do that too...he's actually quite good at doing voices. Just trying to help that's all.
Ah, very cool! Sounds like a good candidate to me.  ;D
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, Tim!

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 10:01:29 PM »
I'll send something over soon(TM)!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 11:32:40 PM »
E-mail sent. :)

:o Wow, first one in, get outta my head. That is so spot-on to what I was imagining.

I don't think I need to bug anyone else with this now.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: (completed) Anyone feel like voicing the role of a "Big evil?"
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 11:38:12 PM »
....well. Okay then. >.>;; Nevermind.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
Re: (completed, however...) Anyone feel like voicing the role of a "Big evil?"
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 11:42:24 PM »
Drake, ya beat me to posting the update. 

To those who still wanted to contribute something to this, I could do with a couple of tough guy street thugs (sorry I don't have a spot for the ladies anywhere in this one, but psychologically it just makes sense for this MOB group) with generic tracks. "Get him!" "You're dead, hero!" Etc. And reactions to hits/ 'death cry' if you want, though don't worry too much if it sounds campy. I was probably could to license the death cries from a sound effects library because they're usually very hard to pull off.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 01:10:16 AM »
Right up my alley! You already heard my voice for the tag-line of the Ascendant phone call.

Just e-mail a laundry list to Jack_Nolan1@yahoo.com.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 01:14:03 AM »
Ooooh a new video in the works.... can't wait :)

Patribot

• Lieutenant
Re: looking for thug voices for a video (just for fun)
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 03:50:30 AM »
I'm probably too late to the party to get in on the Voice-over fun, but if you want to have internet-wide geek-gasims, make sure you include "the Whilelm Scream" for one of your "Death cries".

Not sure what it is? Here's a link to 'splain: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_scream

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 03:58:24 AM »
Heheheh, yeah, I know the Wilhelm very well. And I've actually gone looking for it in the past. Trouble is, I can't figure out who owns it now, apparently neither can anyone else, and I haven't found a single sound library that offers it.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 04:00:01 AM »
Tim, sent you an email with a thug clip. Hope it helps.

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 04:52:18 AM »
Tim, as far as I know the Wilhelm has been around so long (61 years, I think) that it is Fair Use now.

Possible Oscar used it more time than I could count in one of their songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWReQprsfv0&feature=player_embedded

If you'd like to use it, this seems a likely place to do it: http://archive.org/details/WilhelmScreamSample

/e slinks back into shadows - work here is done

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 06:13:21 PM »
@DrakeGrimm, that got a good smirk out of me. Along with the email title. But, these guys are fighting, so it needs to be 'yelley', and it wouldn't be audible over the music track otherwise, even after boosting it.

@DrewBlue, aha... yep, found a public domain disclaimer on that link. I guess THAT would explain why nobody could figure out who owns it.  8) And it's in the vid now. I've been wanting to put that into a video for eons. And there's knockback in this fight, so it fits. TY for that.  :)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 08:59:58 PM »
I just sent you some more. Hopefully at least one is useable, and at least one makes you smirk again. ;)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 10:45:28 PM »
LOL well, I couldn't do anything with the chicken one (LOL!), but I managed to fit the other 2 in.

That's a fun character voice.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 10:50:28 PM »
It made you laugh. The clip did its job. ;)

Yeah. I do some decent 'thug' voices. Still working on my 'hero' voice skills though. Apparently my voice is predisposed to villainous monologuing? <.<

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
Re: still on the prowl for ONE more voice
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 07:57:56 PM »
I can easily eliminate this whole scene if I absolutely have to, but I'm still looking for one more voice, for a more serious role. Can be male or female, and can be a natural voice. Doesn't have to be one that is made up.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 02:34:38 AM »
I can easily eliminate this whole scene if I absolutely have to, but I'm still looking for one more voice, for a more serious role. Can be male or female, and can be a natural voice. Doesn't have to be one that is made up.

You want a real life female voicer?  I'm pretty sure our podcast narrator will record for you.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2012, 02:39:52 AM »

Can we get some more information on this?

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 03:00:46 AM »
You want a real life female voicer?  I'm pretty sure our podcast narrator will record for you.

Yep, it can be a real female voice.

Can we get some more information on this?

Pocket D patron. Tough. A bit drunk. Voice of reason.

And, I'm approaching another imaginary deadline, as I'd like to have this out before Unity Event #2 next weekend (which I sadly won't be around for) so I have about 4 days left.

Though, Drake, if I've got another bite on the line, I'll let VV's compatriot have at this, since I've already got some voices from you in this. (found a spot for 2 of the recordings now :) )

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2012, 03:11:36 AM »
Talking to her now.

She says yes.  PMing you contact info, doubling to your ingame toon

I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2012, 04:37:34 AM »
Talking to her now.

She says yes.  PMing you contact info, doubling to your ingame toon

TYVM, to both of you!  :)

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 07:03:31 PM »
A sample excerpt for what you're looking for would be a bit helpful, be it one-liners for the mob or a brief statement that could be pulled together for the "villain".
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: ((completed)) still on the prowl for ONE more voice
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 05:29:20 AM »
A bit late, but I thought I'd chime in and state that by all means, I'm fine with VV's compatriot taking the spot. Glad to see this project got filled.  Can't wait to see/hear a finished product.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: ((completed)) still on the prowl for ONE more voice
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 05:36:54 AM »
Our professional voicer for Secret World Chronicles (and CoH player) Veronica Giguere volunteered for the final voice for this, and as it happened it allows her to voice and portray her own favorite toon, which made her very happy.  Looking forward to the result.