Author Topic: A disturbing trend  (Read 12586 times)

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
Re: A disturbing trend
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2012, 01:11:56 AM »

I have a feeling Titan is going to need more Mods come Nov 30th.

And that is the part that slightly bothers me. After Nov 30th. The rest of the community over there on the original board will be looking for another place. I think some of the good elements will come on over and will be helpful tothe community here. On the other hand, there are some that may have the goal to turn this forum into what has transpired over there in recent times.

I hope many of them check their negativity at the door but that is like hoping a werewolf will be civil at the dinner table during a full moon.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2012, 01:20:39 AM »
I haven't had to break this out in a long time.  I'm hoping I can keep it locked up for a while longer.

Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2012, 01:21:21 AM »

I can volunteer if that is the case.

I am a mod. on MBZ forum. Oh that is easy to mod? Alright get a Lexus vs MBZ discussion going and watch the fur fly. lol.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2012, 03:05:48 AM »
I haven't had to break this out in a long time.  I'm hoping I can keep it locked up for a while longer.

*clears throat* NNNNNNNI!!!!

............hm... I'm still alive? Cool.

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2012, 04:15:18 AM »
I have no idea how 'unicorn' came to be the replacement word for 'troll'.

Things that need to happen on November 30:

1. We must not give up hope of still convincing NCSoft to sell the CoH IP. Like every other company, they will have executive turnover, and the people who made the decision to kill CoH may be replaced in favor of those who would permit it to come back from the dead. Especially if our campaign gives NCS such bad PR that their sales on other games drop and the responsible parties get blamed and sacked because of it. I'm calling this Plan B for the sake of convenience.

2. We need to play close attention to whatever the remains of Paragon Studios are doing. If they have the leadership and the funding, they may reform as their own company. If they do this, they will probably try to make an MMO. If they do make an MMO, the chances of it being a superhero MMO are pretty good. And they already know what we like, so it's probably going to be pretty similar to City of Heroes. We may lose the setting that we love so much, but I'm sure they could make a new one that would be just as appealing. I'll call this Plan C.

3. We need to look at what we can do to reverse-engineer parts of CoH, especially the servers. Even if we can't put server content out there, we might be able to get as far as the loading screen, and maybe even a simple room could be crafted on the server that would give us access to Mission Architect. It's not CoH, but it's better than nothing. That would be Plan D, I think.

4. Lastly, Plan Z needs to swing into high gear. Taek Jin Kim may be determined to take the IP with him to his grave, Paragon may not be able to put itself back together again, and who knows what we can really do (and get away with) for reverse engineering the game and putting up private servers no matter how incomplete. Plan Z will allow us to recreate the CoH experience. Whether Plan Z succeeds or fails will be up to us.

We are Heroes. This is what we do.

voodoogirl

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2012, 04:19:25 AM »
We also need to avoid stretching ourselves too thin.

What can we do ingame to continue to spread the word and engage the player base?

I'm curious to test out a macro to email target players  to spread the news (there is an ingame slash command to send an email to a character via the chat bar)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2012, 05:42:18 AM »

This...  Let's just say there was a "Best of Craigslist" ad that will not be linked here that this image reminds me of. Wrong, on so many levels...
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2012, 06:43:42 AM »
This...  Let's just say there was a "Best of Craigslist" ad that will not be linked here that this image reminds me of. Wrong, on so many levels...
All the more reason to keep the Iron Fist in storage.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Quinch

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2012, 07:51:49 AM »
I'm curious to test out a macro to email target players  to spread the news (there is an ingame slash command to send an email to a character via the chat bar)

I never managed to get that one to work, at least not with names with spaces.

voodoogirl

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2012, 12:24:02 PM »
It's been a few years since I dabbled with it, but I believe if you put $target in quotes it works. I could be wrong - been years.