Author Topic: 10/20 Joint Event Organization?  (Read 3673 times)

Nafaustu

• Boss
10/20 Joint Event Organization?
« on: October 08, 2012, 03:06:44 PM »
First, i'm @Nafaustu Shadowmask on global, and i'm not taking credit for ANY of these great ideas, I just haven't seen a thread that tries to braid them together so I built one.  I was thinking it might be a good idea to kind of have a place to move some of these things into the same spheres.   In my opinion, they all work together, not detracting from each other at all.   In fact, our dancers can cheer our charity marathoners, and the media can see a loving, supporting community.   

1) This is the day the charity folks will be running their marathons. (Thank you charity folks. if any of you are on Virtue i'd love to join you for a few missions!)   

2) Someone mentioned a dance party somewhere (Wherein I promised to dance my tail off).

3) This is also the Media day (What is the status on that?  I heard the meatspace location is in MO?)

4ish)This is apparently a 2x xp weekend :D   (It makes me sad we don't have Devs to throw monsters at the steps of city hall anymore :( )

Even if we can't run 24 hours of gaming anymore (and Kami know I can't) we can still be the people handing out 'water' to our marathons.   Have we considered coordinating a few 'buff' stations that happen to be in our dancing locations so that our media friends and out marathon friends can enjoy the benefits of our helpful, friendly community?  I'd be happy to park my empath defender at one of those, since I promised to dance anyway. :)

I'm sure there is a lot more coordination that could be done, but this is all i've got (from work!) at the moment.   I'm going to dig up the individual links to the individual threads and put them here.

Did we have anything else going on the weekend of the 20th I should add here?

-Catgirl Seargent Eve

Edited to add a links, also new Media day may only sort of correlate with this, I hope someone will keep us posted on that :)

Media Day: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5388.0.html
Charity Playathon: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5378.0.html
Dance Party: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5445.0.html
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:05:00 PM by Nafaustu »

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
Re: 10/20 Joint Event Organization?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 03:42:30 PM »
Media Day is going to be a lot of work, still, but I think we can pull it off. The current status is that a press release to various news agencies regarding the "realignment of NCSoft's focus" last night. Tonight goes out the invitation/press release to invite those same (and other) media groups to send representatives to join us on 10/20/2012 to see more about the game, its community, and learn "what the buzz" is about from actual players. I'd do this one earlier than "tonight," but I don't have liberty to work on finalizing it until I get off work.

Both releases are strongly encouraged to be sent by any forumites who want to grab them and forward them to favorite and/or local-to-them blogs, newspapers, weekly magazines, etc., because there's no way one person can replicate the reach of a massively parallel grassroots distribution campaign.

After tonight's press release, the remainder of our time before 10/20/2012 will be spent getting specific events planned, talking to those who have online knowledge of how to run twitch.tv programs for sharing, connecting media guests with account-holders and mentors, and arranging to help anybody who wants to and can afford to to come to the physical locale in Rolla, Missouri.

Physical presence is not necessary, so don't feel like that's an obstacle. We'll be getting a good solid chat program that will enable communication, and probably set up a text-chat program channel or few as well.

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »
1) This is the day the charity folks will be running their marathons. (Thank you charity folks. if any of you are on Virtue i'd love to join you for a few missions!)   

Look for "Play Games Heal Kids", global @Siberian Spring... (She's holding a torch in AP33 while I'm at work until the 20th, then we're going to see how fast a stalker can level in 24 hours of 2XP) :D

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 04:02:14 PM »
I shall add you.   I may have missed this in all the clutter, but these are primarily virtue related events I think?   Do we have any mirror events on other servers?

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 06:44:52 PM »
The Dance Party is going to coincide with the Charity Playathon... Know The Cape and AFKRadio will be playing tunes for toons during this time. Locations are in the AP/Mercy on the server of your choice. I was hoping to get other music 'stations' to adopt servers, or advertise these events.... no luck so far as I know. Tying all these events together would be the ticket. Help each other and help make more noise that NCSoft cannot ignore.

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 07:50:43 PM »
It looks like we have an official thread for this :)

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 07:54:50 PM »
The stickied one? It's locked, just links to the events themselves. If we want to continue to discuss cross-event coordination, this thread seems as good a one as any.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »
Sounds like a great idea!

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 08:21:27 PM »
Even more events than the unity rally, all of it on the one weekend where I absolutely have no internet access. Shoot me.  :'(

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 08:24:48 PM »
The stickied one? It's locked, just links to the events themselves. If we want to continue to discuss cross-event coordination, this thread seems as good a one as any.
Yeah, the intent of the sticky thread is just to point people to the relevant threads for discussion.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 08:38:16 PM »
Even more events than the unity rally, all of it on the one weekend where I absolutely have no internet access. Shoot me.  :'(
Make a /em holdtorch photo of yourself and post it in the relevant thread.

I'm really hoping the OP of that thread will gather them and that somebody will help him make a collage so we can display it at the physical location of the media day event. THen you'll be there in spirit! (Heck, if you make such a photo, I'll do my best to make a printout of it and have it there so you can be there in spirit, anyway.)

djonehitwonder

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 08:46:05 PM »
This has been posted in all the CoH-related groups on Facebook that I belong to, and sent to what stations I could find contact info for, or would let me register for their forums:

Attention! If you know of any online radio stations that play for City of Heroes, please pass this info along! Also, everyone who can play City of Heroes needs to log in on October 20th!! See the link at the end :)

There are several events happening on October 20th, with the goal of getting as many people logged into the game as possible. I am attempting to coordinate online radio stations to provide entertainment for each of the servers, and set up Atlas Park and Mercy Island as rallying points and rest stops, where people can head to take a break, dance, chat, and find a new team.

My goal is to find one radio station to adopt each server. We will not be attempting to do any kind of shared broadcast, letting each station do their own thing, but we will list all of the stations and p
romote the event together. We are asking the stations to broadcast live for as much of the 24 hour period as possible between 8am on Saturday, October 20, and 8am on Sunday, October 21st, eastern time.

So far, we have The Cape Radio for Virtue and AFK Radio for Guardian. If you would like to be involved, please contact me at djonehitwonder@gmail.com and let me know which server you are interested in adopting. We'll be assigning them on a first come, first served basis, although those stations who cater to one specific server will get preference for their server.

For more information on the events happening on October 20th, please go to http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5631.0.html