Author Topic: Timelord on the forums or...  (Read 3215 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Timelord on the forums or...
« on: October 14, 2012, 07:12:29 PM »
...microcomputing is a lot older than anyone ever realized.

1969, a very unstable period of time for the world.

We must be very cautious here. This could be a robot sent back by NCsoft to kill the SaveCoH movement before it ever began, by taking out TonyV's family line. *shifty eyes*

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Timelord on the forums or...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »
We must be very cautious here. This could be a robot sent back by NCsoft to kill the SaveCoH movement before it ever began, by taking out TonyV's family line. *shifty eyes*

He had a post count over 10,000 as well -- I noticed that when I sent to see who had more posts than Tony in order to make the post count padding joke. I reset it to the actual number of posts. :P

Methinks there was some database manipulation back in the day.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 12:14:14 AM »
Simpler: Somewhere down the line there was an invalid date conversion, which returned null (0). Since the local time of the server is set to GMT -(something), a timestamp that equals 0 - that is, 00:00:00, January 1st 1970 - is adjusted to 31st December 1969.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 12:45:54 AM »
Occam's Razor....Steiner was constantly piddling around with silly shit. :)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal