Author Topic: "File extension does not match MIME type."  (Read 16314 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
"File extension does not match MIME type."
« on: November 10, 2012, 04:59:22 PM »
I'm trying to upload a screenshot, and I get the error message: "File extension does not match MIME type." I don't know why. I tried the .jpg version, then converted to .png, and neither works. Help?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: "File extension does not match MIME type."
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 09:21:59 PM »
Generally it means that you have mismatched file types (saved as a jpeg but the file info says png, etc.), or you're trying to upload a file type not supported, or you're trying to upload a file with no file extension.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 05:42:25 PM »
It's a screenshot from the game, so I don't see what the issue would be. I've uploaded screens before. Is there anything I can do on my end to fix the issue? The mediawiki entry on MIME types (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Mime_type_detection) looks like it's all stuff that can only be done by the wiki editors, or something.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 05:50:52 PM »
I just uploaded a screenshot I had sitting around and it worked for me, so if there's something off on the server I'm not detecting it.

Are you uploading the screenshot as the game captured it? Or did you bring it into a graphics editing program and re-save it?

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »
I initially uploaded as it was captured, a jpg file. When I got that error, I converted it to a png via Microsoft Office Picture Manager, but that also didn't work. The only thing I did differently than a normal screenshot is I dragged it to my desktop so it was easy to find when I got around to uploading it, but that obviously wouldn't change anything.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 08:22:57 PM »
Can you email the image to me at sekoia@cohtitan.com so I can try to troubleshoot?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 09:13:20 PM »
Going out on a slightly random limb:  You aren't, by chance, manually keying in the destination filename and forgetting to put the extension on the end of the name, are you?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 09:25:04 PM »
Also, which wiki are you working with, Paragon Wiki or OuroPortal?

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 01:31:57 AM »
Going out on a slightly random limb:  You aren't, by chance, manually keying in the destination filename and forgetting to put the extension on the end of the name, are you?

Nope. I clicked "Choose File" and got it from there.

Also, which wiki are you working with, Paragon Wiki or OuroPortal?

Paragon Wiki. Via the Paragonwiki.com address, not the wiki.cohtitan url.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 03:44:41 PM »

A hahahaha! That was it! I thought you meant in the source, but it was in the destination file name! I just uploaded a few images from the thread I started in Icon, and that was the issue. Got the same error message, and immediately solved the problem. I guess I was taking crazy pills when I tried this last time?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 06:00:28 PM »
I never would have thought to ask if I hadn't made the same mistake at some point myself.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov