Author Topic: A Hero and Heroine need help  (Read 1828 times)

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
A Hero and Heroine need help
« on: November 10, 2012, 08:29:37 PM »
Some of you who attended New York ComicCon, or other cons, may have seen AZ Powergirl. (She was in the booth across from Stan Lee.) You can see her here: https://www.facebook.com/AZPowergirl

She is a very sweet lady and absolutely dotes on her boyfriend's children. Her boyfriend is an independent comic book artist who works on commission.  You can find some examples of his work here: https://www.facebook.com/alfred183

They are in desperate need of assistance for legal fees to fight a custody battle for Alfred's children. If anyone can help, these little heroes need their father in their lives - and the battle is because the courts have chosen to give sole custody to their biological mother, based on the fact that both Alfred and Cara are self-employed in the modeling, cosplay, and comic book industries.

They chose to be heroes and role models. Please help them continue to show their children how to be heroes.

http://www.indiegogo.com/savealfredskids
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: A Hero and Heroine need help
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 01:41:54 AM »
* DrakeGrimm growls.

Give them all the help they need heroes. I can't assist personally, but please help out if you can. Hearing about things like this makes me sick.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 07:49:22 AM »
Ah man that sucks that he has to fight to be part of his sons family. Like this so not right!

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 11:59:45 AM »
All I can do is send you my best wishes and prey.  I'm to many states away to lend a hand and have no skills at any legal assistance.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 01:27:24 PM »
Hail!

I might just happen to have the words to Fansy up their day, is there perhaps a way I could request a personal one to one address through email or other, though not in legal matters do I have claim but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a supporter or three on board to help those kids not become father free.

Let her know there is hope yet, for a cause like this will allow me to stretch and get into a different pocket set. I may just have a couple of Good Guy friends who would be willing to take a crack or seven for this ally. If she needs assistance it won't be from me in legality but rather those I send her way and gifts like coffee mugs or t-shirt for the kids. Possibly even tickets I received to see the Hobbit in December's cold with their dear old Dad.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 01:52:59 PM »
Why am I not surprised that a divorce lawyer could make an honest living look tawdry to a judge? *facepalm*

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 02:04:33 AM »
Why am I not surprised that a divorce lawyer could make an honest living look tawdry to a judge? *facepalm*

Arizona's family court is...not well-run. At all. It has some serious problems, especially when it comes to custody that involves a third party who's not married to one of the parents.
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.