Author Topic: SWTOR Support Guild  (Read 7270 times)

Graphite

• Lieutenant
SWTOR Support Guild
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:40:38 PM »
Free to Play for Star Wars the Old Republic will be starting in 3 days.

Nothing can ever replace City of Heroes or the incredible Dev team that created our world. However, as a community I think we have a lot to be proud of so I'm working on creating a City of Heroes "support group" based on the amazing community we have all created here in Paragon City for SWTOR. Basically I want to create a guild acting as a safe refuge for any of the transfering player base while we continue fighting the good fight with in the realm of the Old Republic. I am a casual gamer by nature who typically plays a few hours a day a few days a week, but when I commit to a community, I'm in it for the long haul.  I'm also an avid Roleplayer as well who loves all the short stories, fan art and wonderful characters we have created over these ten years and I would be honored to help bring this "gift" of ours to the newly established Star Wars Realm.  Long term ambitions of mine include the equiviliant of the hold torch vigil that is being held in Atlas Park until the game is returned to us along with the SWTOR equivalent of the Virtueverse. 

We are heroes, this is what we do.  Well the people in Star Wars are heroes and villians as well and my gut feel is that many there would sympathize with our cause and join us.  SWG was cancelled last year, but they had a place to go to.  We do not.  However, I do believe that place can be a home away from home for us until this dark night ahead finally comes to an end.  So far seven people from the Save City of Heroes Facebook page have jumped on within the last 24 hours. It looks like we will be on Ebon Hawk and are brainstorming names. The list includes Heroes of Paragon, Titans for the Republic, Villians of Granville and Incarnates for the Empire. Just let me know you're intersted and we'll be happy to have you!

Jeffrey Graphite Martinez

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: SWTOR Support Guild
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:44:16 PM »
One of the guys in my Friday group was in the closed beta for this and CO. He had more positive comments about this than he did CO, so I'll grant you that. I can't say where I will stay while I wait for Plan Z (and contribute whatever I can), but I'm sure I'll at least download and try SWTOR.   :-\
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Ammon

• Team Wildcard
  • Boss
  • UK marketing guy and City of Heroes addict
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 11:49:53 PM »
I'm one of those who doesn't want to lose one single second of the last days of CoH.  I haven't even begun considering other games yet, because so long as CoH is up, I want to be playing it.  Those other games will be around to look at once City is unavailable, and looking at them isn't time I could have spent in the game I love. :)

Jetfire99

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 01:40:54 AM »
I think I got an alt on Ebon hawk let me know man I'll send one your way or roll someone new.

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 02:07:01 AM »
I beta tested SWTOR. It was actually really fun. I just didn't feel like paying for two games at the time, and what was I gonna do? Cancel CoH? Yeah right.  8)

Now that NCSoft is booting me out  >:( I might as well head over to SWTOR.

My main complaint about was that it wasn't KOTOR 3. I don't understand the craze to make everything into an MMO. First KOTOR, now NWN. The world is ruining my games.  :roll:
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 04:14:40 AM »
It's funny that you say that about KOTOR3. STO, for me, works because each of its types of gameplay, though not the best example in the MMO field, incorporated the best elements from prior Star Trek games. I know that's a fairly limited praise, but, as a person who has been an avid fan and has played most of the games, it's not faint praise.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 04:18:30 AM »
Already replied on facebook, but my mains are all on Ebon Hawk and most of them are unattached to a Guild.  I like the Titans name and the Incarnates name (since my favorite toon is a lightside redsider and not a villain really).

Mindscythe

• Lieutenant
  • "Any world is what you make of it."
    • SoR Radio
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 11:40:23 AM »
I'm re-activating my SWTOR account on the 15th (payday). It's been long enough that I have no idea where I have characters, but since it *has* been as long as it has, I'll probably be starting over. Thus, doing so on Ebon Hawk sounds like a bloody good idea. Count me in.
"Radio... Radio... RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY!"

http://www.profj.org/theradiospeaks/

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 12:20:43 PM »
I'm re-activating my SWTOR account on the 15th (payday). It's been long enough that I have no idea where I have characters, but since it *has* been as long as it has, I'll probably be starting over. Thus, doing so on Ebon Hawk sounds like a bloody good idea. Count me in.
You may want to try your best to reactivate the day before, because you may miss some perks due to switch to F2P this day that rewards the ingame store currency voucher. Carefully read the details in the various faqs.
Yeeessss....

Graphite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 03:10:04 PM »
I just wanted to quickly comment on the move.  If the Mods want to put this in General Discussion that's fine with me.  However, the goal of this group is to help keep the City of Heroes community together as best we can while simultaniously bringing the message of SaveCoH to another game (in this case SWTOR).  I feel it was very much in the spirit of the other forum.

My 2 cents.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 03:44:25 AM »
However, the goal of this group is to help keep the City of Heroes community together as best we can while simultaniously bringing the message of SaveCoH to another game (in this case SWTOR).  I feel it was very much in the spirit of the other forum.
This thread has nothing to do with saving the game, which is what the SaveCOH subforum is about - this thread is about acceptance and moving on from City, which doesn't belong over there.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

LadyWizard

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 12:28:10 AM »
I signed up as Rosewilder on a newly made premium account(bought digital upgrade) now if my machine decides to play ball I'll be back in

Heroid

• Minion
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 07:27:48 PM »
I downloaded SWTOR but when I try to play it my screen goes black and even restarting my pc doesn't fix it.  I have to restart in safe mode and do a system restore to get my system back.  Looking at the game's forums, it seems that this has been an ongoing problem since launch.  I think I'm going to give up on it.
aka, Heroid

Graphite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 09:14:34 PM »
I downloaded SWTOR but when I try to play it my screen goes black and even restarting my pc doesn't fix it.  I have to restart in safe mode and do a system restore to get my system back.  Looking at the game's forums, it seems that this has been an ongoing problem since launch.  I think I'm going to give up on it.

I've had this problem as well on two different laptops when I installed the game.  It has something to do with the movies trying to be shown when you first start the game.  There is a very simple fix, however I sadly do not remember what it is.

Graphite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 10:54:22 PM »
The Titans of the Old Republic are now recruiting. 

We are a family friendly guild with hopes to be a home away from home for all of its members.  With the upcomming closing of our beloved game, as City of Heroes fans and supporters, it is recognized that we are countrymen without a nation.  As such our goal is to bring the best qualities Paragon has to offer while the Old Republic provides a safe harbor and refuge as the fight to save our world continues.  Join us in fun, fellowship and a shared sense of community.  But perhaps above all, with the announcement of TF Hail Mary, come as heroes to show Disney and all involved with Star Wars what we as a people have to offer.

We are located on the Ebon Hawk server with mirroring guilds for both factions of SWTOR.  We also have a Facebook page here.  All are welcome and I look forward to getting to know all of you all the better.  As I say, the more the merrier.

Jeffrey Graphite Martinez