Author Topic: Words of Encouragement  (Read 2349 times)

Coulomb

• Underling
Words of Encouragement
« on: November 13, 2012, 04:18:56 PM »
Hey all of you Titans,

I'm not famous.  I'm not a software developer.  I'm not rich.  I'm just a regular guy who usually spends more time lurking than posting.  But I have something I wanted to say.

The efforts going on here to save City of Heroes are inspiring.  *This* is the place I go virtually every day to pick up that sliver of hope that someday, somehow, *something* of the game I've played for 8.5 years will survive - be it a new owner for the IP, an underground server emulator, a spiritual successor, or any number of possibilities.

I wanted to say thank you.  Thank you for the efforts.  Thank you for remaining positive.  Thank you for not letting the inevitable naysayers get you down - the ones who always seem to come out of the woodwork and feel compelled to tell you your efforts are useless and are not having any impact.  I want to be one of the ones who come out of the woodwork to tell you that I believe your efforts do make a difference, and you are having an effect.

Regards,
Coulomb

(As I've been doing from the beginning, I will continue to keep an eye out for what I can do to help.)

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
Re: Words of Encouragement
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 04:30:23 PM »
Is there a Like button?

There should be a Like button.

I feel exactly the same way.  The official forums have become an unmodrated cesspool of "unicorns" and despair.

Here, at least, people are still trying and still fighting.  And, succeed or fail, that's inspiring.

Please don't give up.  The eyes of Paragon City are on you, watching, waiting, hoping.

(... does anyone else suddenly have this song in their heads, or is it just me?)

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 07:06:51 PM »
I think that's what keeps us all going and keeps us strong, knowing we're not in this alone.
Go Team Titans! Errr, wait! Well, it sorta fits... :P

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 08:40:52 PM »
And thank you, Coulomb. I was just talking about some of the woodwork squabbles I seem to get entangled with. Thanks for being a Llort.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 09:37:08 PM »
Thank you.  I feel the same way.  I don't have any special (useful) talents either, but I remain hopeful as well. 

...There really should be a like button.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 09:50:02 PM »
My contributions may be small, but I do what I can...

One like button coming up.

Still working on click-ability. But, I think that's out of my hands. :P

Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Randomvector

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 10:40:37 PM »
encapsulates my feelings exactly.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 02:20:29 AM »
Hey Coulomb!  Good to see you here, buddy!  :)

Jordan_Lee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 02:36:49 AM »

(... does anyone else suddenly have this song in their heads, or is it just me?)

Damn it, now I do. Thanks a lot!

Now it'll probably bother me until I break down and watch Short Circuit. I hope you are happy with what you have done.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 07:45:02 AM »
Hey all of you Titans,

I'm not famous.  I'm not a software developer.  I'm not rich.  I'm just a regular guy who usually spends more time lurking than posting.  But I have something I wanted to say.

The efforts going on here to save City of Heroes are inspiring.  *This* is the place I go virtually every day to pick up that sliver of hope that someday, somehow, *something* of the game I've played for 8.5 years will survive - be it a new owner for the IP, an underground server emulator, a spiritual successor, or any number of possibilities.

I wanted to say thank you.  Thank you for the efforts.  Thank you for remaining positive.  Thank you for not letting the inevitable naysayers get you down - the ones who always seem to come out of the woodwork and feel compelled to tell you your efforts are useless and are not having any impact.  I want to be one of the ones who come out of the woodwork to tell you that I believe your efforts do make a difference, and you are having an effect.

Regards,
Coulomb

(As I've been doing from the beginning, I will continue to keep an eye out for what I can do to help.)

Thanks for posting this!  This is also how I feel (though I've 3 years in, not 8)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 04:05:15 PM »
Indeed, we are a community, and one of the best communities I have ever been a part of. And we ARE effecting this game, it's life, and it's revival!

The only way we will split, is if we choose to leave. I don't see that happening anytime soon!

Keep your spirits high, everyone! I do not believe that our efforts will go in vain.
- Omega Mk. V

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 11:03:14 PM »
Luctor et emergo!
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.