Author Topic: Boredom Induced 3D Model...(Shivan)  (Read 4237 times)

Shenku

• Elite Boss
Boredom Induced 3D Model...(Shivan)
« on: November 19, 2012, 09:59:51 PM »
So I was really(as in REALLY) bored at school today, and an idea came to me so I just ran with it.

Modeled and textured in 3D Studio Max 2013, with some minor tweaks to textures in Photoshop CS6, then imported into the Unreal Development Kit for kicks... It's semi-animated, though only a basic walk cycle and idle at the moment...

Already posted it on my Deviant Art page(shenku-netsou.deviantart.com), but since I'm largely an unknown in CoH's art community, I thought I'd post it here as well for some more visibility...

Before anyone asks, no this is not related to any current Plan Z, Sunset, exc. projects, it just part of something I've been tinkering with for a few months as part of my learning process for fully expanding my skills with UDK. I'm about 30% of the way into a working prototype I've been making in my free time for a little over 6 months now, but it's questionable if anything will ever come from it. Most likely, the project will get put on hold once work on Plan Z really begins... And the only reason the project is only at 30% is because all the art assets have been on hold while waiting for systems to be programmed in; I'm an artist though, not a programmer, so it's taken me a while to piece things together...

Anyways, random tangent over... :roll:

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
Re: Boredom Induced 3D Model...(Shivan)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 10:14:23 AM »
Cool work!
 I remember all I could get going in computer class was some Black and White worlds and every shade in between. To make up a solar system.
Again nice Shivan.

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 03:09:46 AM »
That Shivan looks like it would make an awesome papercraft project. :D

By the way, there is a CoH group on deviantart

http://cityofheroes.deviantart.com/

?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 08:37:14 AM »
That Shivan looks like it would make an awesome papercraft project. :D

By the way, there is a CoH group on deviantart

http://cityofheroes.deviantart.com/

Well aware of the Deviantart group, am part of it, and already submitted this image to it about the time I made the model, but thanks. :)

It possibly could make for a decent papercraft thingy, hadn't thought of that... Or for that matter, it could be a useful critter for folks to use for their various fan art for when they need a villain(Especially the folks who make all the miscellaneous Poser art I see floating around on occasion.)... I'm more than willing to share the model with anyone that wants it for such an artistic render, just let me know...