Author Topic: Call to Action! Team Wildcard needs YOU! TF Hail Mary LFM  (Read 177261 times)

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
Re: Call to Action! Team Wildcard needs YOU! TF Hail Mary LFM
« Reply #460 on: January 01, 2013, 05:40:37 AM »
Done and Done!

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #461 on: January 03, 2013, 04:43:26 PM »
Late with my Wish Upon A Star, but sent, along with links to Tim the Enchanter's video, and COH It's Always A Good Time.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #462 on: January 04, 2013, 12:01:07 AM »
Done

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #463 on: January 04, 2013, 08:24:45 PM »
Good catch, guys!

Can you link TimEnchanter's Christmas Wish vid too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3S-3LObdyM

It's perfect and hits right in the feels.

Just watched that video...These videos make me sad. But it was well done.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #464 on: January 08, 2013, 05:13:59 PM »
I'm a little late doing this but I'll write a few letters, the mouse seems to have his eye on me in a good way so.. lets see what happens.

until then please don't loose faith in disney, they have yet to give us a definitive answer.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #465 on: January 08, 2013, 08:19:37 PM »
Please correct me if I'm wrong, VV, but Disney won't give us (even Team Wildcard) an answer at all, will they?  If they are interested, isn't the only person they might contact (other than NCsoft) Brian Clayton?  And he might tell you, but you'd have to keep it confidential anyway, correct?

I'm just thinking most of us really need to be patient here and not expect to hear anything for some time, even if Disney has decided they want to be our saviour.  I'd expect the first most of us will hear anything will be when an interested party gets a definitive answer one way or another from NCsoft.  Maybe some of the folks on Team Wildcard may hear something via sources, but they won't be able to tell us without risking the very thing on which we have so many hopes pinned.

So, be patient everyone.  Even if that star is responding to our collective wish, it's still gonna be some time before we know.  Don't lose hope!

RioJustice

• Underling
  • Fusion Force Legends
« Reply #466 on: January 09, 2013, 03:09:32 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'll send a few letters.  I wish a hearty thank you to all of you for trying to save the City.

Rio

Quinch

« Reply #467 on: January 09, 2013, 03:12:27 AM »
Much appreciated!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #468 on: January 09, 2013, 03:49:47 AM »
Please correct me if I'm wrong, VV, but Disney won't give us (even Team Wildcard) an answer at all, will they?  If they are interested, isn't the only person they might contact (other than NCsoft) Brian Clayton?  And he might tell you, but you'd have to keep it confidential anyway, correct?

Absolutely true.  Our "please contact these people" on the pitch package, as you might recall, are Brian Clayton and Matt Miller.  I can tell you however that as of yet I have heard nothing.

I'm just thinking most of us really need to be patient here and not expect to hear anything for some time, even if Disney has decided they want to be our saviour.  I'd expect the first most of us will hear anything will be when an interested party gets a definitive answer one way or another from NCsoft.  Maybe some of the folks on Team Wildcard may hear something via sources, but they won't be able to tell us without risking the very thing on which we have so many hopes pinned.

Disney is GLACIAL.  It's like getting the attention of an Ent.  And once you get the eye to open, there has to be an Entmoot where it takes 3 days for everyone to say hello.  This is the situation with most big corporations.

So, be patient everyone.  Even if that star is responding to our collective wish, it's still gonna be some time before we know.  Don't lose hope!

And never, ever forget that this is just our FIRST target.  We're waiting to hear from my contact at Google.  I'm pondering the next possible target and will open that to discussion after/if Google gives us something to pursue. 
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #469 on: January 09, 2013, 08:02:24 AM »
I just spotted this.

Disney looks to cut costs
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #470 on: January 09, 2013, 09:35:31 AM »
I just spotted this.

We knew this was a long shot.

On the other hand, they don't own a game that is making money yet, and we know CoH can make a profit.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #471 on: January 09, 2013, 09:46:12 AM »

QFT, as the kids say.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #472 on: January 09, 2013, 02:13:48 PM »
QFT, as the kids say.

What the heck does that mean, anyway. I always see it and have no idea.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #473 on: January 09, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »
What the heck does that mean, anyway. I always see it and have no idea.
QFT - Quoted For Truth.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #474 on: January 09, 2013, 02:22:37 PM »
QFT - Quoted For Truth.

Never would have guessed that. It somehow doesn't sound right. Now I feel old.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #475 on: January 09, 2013, 03:07:49 PM »
Never would have guessed that. It somehow doesn't sound right. Now I feel old.

I googled it to appear down with the kids :-/
--
@Vandellia

Quinch

« Reply #476 on: January 09, 2013, 03:33:05 PM »
Word up, my homey, as it were?

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #477 on: January 09, 2013, 07:51:05 PM »
I just spotted this.

yeah, I suspected this the moment I saw the Toon Town MMO, it was a disney MMO based on 'who framed roger rabbit's world, the advertisements seemed... like they were begging for players, and they must have been on every other commercial during the saturday morning cartoons (allong with enzyte commercials with smiling bob) I still get a kick out of that "mommy daddy, wahts electile disfunxion?"

Yo, Mickey if you're reading this, no harm no foul, just although toon town was a great idea and didn't have much of a fan base, I hope that doesn't soil your mind about MMOs in general. ours is very attractive to any kid/person who ever wanted to be a hero, and to any person who ever wanted to be a villain.

Absolutely true.  Our "please contact these people" on the pitch package, as you might recall, are Brian Clayton and Matt Miller.  I can tell you however that as of yet I have heard nothing.

Disney is GLACIAL.  It's like getting the attention of an Ent.  And once you get the eye to open, there has to be an Entmoot where it takes 3 days for everyone to say hello.  This is the situation with most big corporations.

And never, ever forget that this is just our FIRST target.  We're waiting to hear from my contact at Google.  I'm pondering the next possible target and will open that to discussion after/if Google gives us something to pursue. 

lastly, because disney does take a long time to make decisions; I really don't think we should be prodding other companies yet.

personally, although google is a powerful company, they are also a very 'legal' company, they have a pretty hefty terms and conditions document. and not all of it is passive, I know cause both me and my dad have run into problems with google law before, and we were doing separate things.

also I'm only 27 and I have no idea what QFT meant until now, probably cause most of my life has been spent playing single player nintendo games, and I disliked people and hated leaving my 'cave-lab' as I refer to my room.

I'm not exacvtly down with the homies and I don't care.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #478 on: January 10, 2013, 10:50:44 AM »
Word up, my homey, as it were?

Hollaback, bro.
--
@Vandellia

Merseine