Author Topic: Unity Rally: Last Goodbye  (Read 17537 times)

Maressa

• Boss
Unity Rally: Last Goodbye
« on: November 28, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
Hi everyone!

I know it’s been a while since I was around. I’ve been focusing on my own projects. Cataloging over 50 characters, several super group bases and more is no easy task as I’m sure many of you are finding out yourselves. I don’t know about anyone else but I’ve been treating every task force, every mission like it is the last time I will do that particular one. It makes for incredibly depressing evenings. But it can’t be helped. Which brings me to Friday. While I hold out hope that at the last minute someone will be able to save City of Heroes I feel like it is prudent to plan for the worst. I’ve seen only a few plans for the final minutes being discussed on the forums and it’s made me a bit sad. City of Heroes needs to go out with a bang!

And so that is why we are holding one last in game rally! Just like the first one we’re inviting everyone to come to Atlas Park in your home server. We’ll get started at 11 PM PST on November 30th. That’s just one hour before the end. Join us for speeches, torchlight vigils, and the biggest party possible! We’ll spend the final moments together as a unified community.

So, once again here are the details!

What: Unity Rally: Last Goodbye

When: 11 PM PST (2 AM EST, 7 AM GMT) Friday November 30th

Where: City Hall, Atlas Park, Every Server!

Update: Due to popular demand the event has been changed to include every server!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:22:36 PM by Maressa »

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
Re: Unity Rally: Last Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 03:00:02 PM »
The only thing that bothers me about this is the last time we did this we crashed the servers. I really don't want that to happen again and lose time playing or miss the shut down. I'm coming down firmly anti unity rally at this time. Spread it out over the servers or something, or do it earlier in the day. People who have Virtue as a home server might get locked out of their favorite toons. I understand the sentiment, but really bad idea.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 03:06:21 PM »
i agree this is something that should be spread over all servers, and in a more co op location such as pocket d

if we can get yellow dots or more on every server that would be something spectacular as well as show what morons ncsoft are for closing the game

Profit

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 03:06:46 PM »
I heard in Justice United that Justice already had one planned for Justice Server.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 03:07:08 PM »
The only thing that bothers me about this is the last time we did this we crashed the servers. I really don't want that to happen again and lose time playing or miss the shut down. I'm coming down firmly anti unity rally at this time. Spread it out over the servers or something, or do it earlier in the day. People who have Virtue as a home server might get locked out of their favorite toons. I understand the sentiment, but really bad idea.

The only reason it crashed was because one of the devs put a bunch of monsters in Atlas. I imagine if we asked nicely we could make sure that doesn't happen again.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »
i agree this is something that should be spread over all servers, and in a more co op location such as pocket d

If this is something people would prefer then by all means we can do it that way. The reason I picked Atlas is for City Hall. It's iconic and nicer looking than co-op areas.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 03:44:03 PM »
I like the yellow dots on all the servers idea. We show our support, and no one gets shut out of their home servers due to transfers for the event. I'm fine with people doing vigils, but personally, I want to go out playing, so I won't be rallying. Great idea for those that want a vigil.

Oh! Just thought of something. The Rikti event might interfere with vigils/rallies. It also might help crash the game.

Sapphire Jane

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »
Cimerora is a co-op zone and it's beautiful.. however, you have to have access.. so not everyone would be able to go there.   A co-op zone would show true unity but as Mare said, the other co-op zones do not look very nice.  So for villains, they should rally around Lord Recluse in Grandville.  It would be safe enough even for lowbies to get there.

Virtue is my home and I do not want to be locked out of my home server, so everyone should show support on their home server.  I personally have not decided where I want to be when the lights go out, but the outer islands in O have always been some of my favorite spots to just hang out.  It's beautiful and peaceful there.
"I try to forget the night that you left.  It's all so unreal with you gone." Journey

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 03:54:25 PM »
One thing I was never quite clear on: The Rikti Event; is it supposed to explain in-universe the "end of the world?"

Quinch

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »
Cimerora is a co-op zone and it's beautiful.. however, you have to have access.. so not everyone would be able to go there.

Not a problem - everyone has access to Night Ward, and picking up the badge in the Midnighter Mansion gives you Cimeroran access.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 04:24:37 PM »
One thing I was never quite clear on: The Rikti Event; is it supposed to explain in-universe the "end of the world?"

No the events were all ran just closing with the Rikti.  Think who ever doing the set up for the events run figures go out like we started.  Began with Rikti and end with Rikti. 
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »
Yes, I will be on Justice.  I want to be with all the friends I have made over the years on that server.  It just seems like that is the right thing to do (for me at least).

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 05:23:47 PM »
I've updated the event as it seems like everyone wants to remain on their home server. I don't blame you one bit.

djonehitwonder

• Minion
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 05:30:25 PM »
I think most people will prefer to be on their home server, and not hopping around for the final hour.  And most already have plans for the final hours.  Myself, I will be going to bed early and getting up at 2am specifically to be there for the final hour, so I would really hate to find myself locked out of Virtue, my home server.  I'll be on the air for The Cape Radio from 1pm-5pm eastern, so I'll probably just leave One Hit Wonder parked and the game running until I get back, but if the servers crash and I can't log back in, I'll be rather upset.

If you want to do something earlier, that's great, but let people have the final hour to honor the game in their own fashion.

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 06:03:32 PM »
Ive been out of town so I haven't been around.   Seems i've got a lot of work to do.  I have some letters to write, some characters to save with sentinal, and one more toon with maximum costumes to screenshot.    But i'm pretty sure i'll be logged in on the 30th, playing if possible.   In my downtime, i'll be in Atlas park, official rally or not.

~Catgirl Seargent Eve

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 07:22:24 PM »
I'll be there.

See you on Protector for the last day of NCSoft tyranny!

I hope that Deja Vu I had doesn't happen on the 30th, because that means the game will be on sometime later by a better company! :D
- Omega Mk. V

Shadowhawke

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 07:59:45 PM »
 I am thinking Pocket D would be very nice as well, being as everyone can get there. It was thrumming last night on Virtue, the way I'd hope to see on Friday.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 08:08:06 PM »
If I were a dev, and this happened, I'd spawn Rularuu at 11:58.......

Graphite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 09:48:25 PM »
Should be intersting to see how many Virtues are created this time around.  I will of course be there.  I am also thankful for Global Chat so that we can all say goodbye together.

See you in the City and across the Galaxy.

/em salute

lmollea

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »
Well...
Shall I wake up at 7AM on saturday morning?
Sure I will!

Sadly I can't log on Virtue my first toon (he's still on Union and I don't have any transfer tokens to spend...)

Shadowhawke

• Minion
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 10:05:57 PM »
If I were a dev, and this happened, I'd spawn Rularuu at 11:58.......

ROFL downix.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 10:11:35 PM »
Not a problem - everyone has access to Night Ward, and picking up the badge in the Midnighter Mansion gives you Cimeroran access.

only problem with this is cim is still lvl restricted, but i assume most poeple who would be doing vigil type thing would be on their 50s

Themiscyra

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 04:16:33 AM »
Just wanna double-check: I thought the servers were shutting off at 12 am PST on November 30th, meaning this event would need to start at 11 pm PST November 29th. Is that not correct? Will the game definitely be shutting down at 12 am PST December 1st?

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 04:24:03 AM »
The latter. We have a full day of playtime on the 30th. Shutdown is 11:59:59pm

Themiscyra

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 08:47:48 PM »
Oh, phew -- that's really good to hear. I'll be there!

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 01:32:39 AM »
It is a wake not a funeral.

If we have any DJ's in the audience please play some wonderful Dixie Jazz to see us out on the day, I recommend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMHJ8PgVatk

This should be the way the game goes out with life and celebration of art, love and joy.

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 02:10:46 AM »
Crap. I won't be on when it shuts off. I can't stay up til 1 AM CST!  :o

I'm here, though.
- Omega Mk. V

biomekanic

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 03:21:53 AM »
The only problem I have with this, is I want to be on with my villain, who was my first "keeper" character. General Des'Array and I have been through a lot together in the years we've been around, and I would like to spend my last time there with him.

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 03:45:10 AM »
I going out on the pocket D with my first Character who is a villain.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 04:05:15 AM »
just looked, and EVERY server except for the euro servers and exalted were at least yellow dots (virtue was red)

just more proof that ncsoft has a few screws loose

HeliumPhoenix

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 05:17:40 AM »
For the first time EVER, upon trying to log in to Virtue, in ALL the time I've played (since beta), I'm seeing this after selecting virtue (which was red load):

QUEUED ON VIRTUE, 1 OF 1444

Holy crap.....

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 05:55:53 AM »
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I almost missed it!  Family surprised me with tickets to see the Nutcracker with my niece being one of the dancers.  No way I could refuse... well better to brighten a 8 year old's face then to look at a monitor and cry.

Oh I got in!  Queued 4 of 14
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:39:17 AM by Rotten Luck »

epawtows

• Elite Boss
  • Mechanical Engineer
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 05:56:41 AM »
Does anyone know what the max logged on is, before it start queueing?

HeliumPhoenix

• Underling
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 08:22:37 AM »
Good-bye, Virtue.....

Program Error Dialog:
"You have been forcibly disconnected.  The servers are shutting down."

Sally Suicide

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 08:25:41 AM »
Damn You NCSoft.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2012, 11:06:29 AM »
I'm so terribly, terribly sorry I couldn't/didn't do more. 
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »
Hail Heroes!

I partied and sung merrily with the Devs, Moderators, and plenty of this Game's best! I thoroughly enjoyed my last moments on City of Heroes.

Singing,
Fansy

TheBeatnik

• Minion
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 12:42:20 PM »
Vickie, you've done, and ARE doing, so much. More, I think, than you realize.
When Black Friday hit, I dropped into a dark fatalism, without hope that there was the slightest chance for the game to be saved, until a friend on IRC relayed your anger and determination to fight. Without you, I'd never have come to CoHTitan, and would never have gotten involved in our effort to save the game.
From then until now, whenever my faith flagged, I'd come to these forums and look for you, Tony V, Fansy, and the rest, to recharge my determination.
In the coming days, as we continue to work on Hail Mary, the work you and the crew put into that proposal, and your explanation of the issues involved, will inform my efforts to recruit ever more people into the writing campaign.
Without you I wouldn't have hope at this point; without you there wouldn't BE any hope.

You've worked to the utmost to save our world, and now wish you could have done more? That's pretty much a definition of a hero in my book.
If I haven't thanked you before, you have my heartfelt thanks now.

Regards,
The Beatnik

Surelle

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2012, 02:23:16 PM »
Vickie, you've done, and ARE doing, so much. More, I think, than you realize.
When Black Friday hit, I dropped into a dark fatalism, without hope that there was the slightest chance for the game to be saved, until a friend on IRC relayed your anger and determination to fight. Without you, I'd never have come to CoHTitan, and would never have gotten involved in our effort to save the game.
From then until now, whenever my faith flagged, I'd come to these forums and look for you, Tony V, Fansy, and the rest, to recharge my determination.
In the coming days, as we continue to work on Hail Mary, the work you and the crew put into that proposal, and your explanation of the issues involved, will inform my efforts to recruit ever more people into the writing campaign.
Without you I wouldn't have hope at this point; without you there wouldn't BE any hope.

You've worked to the utmost to save our world, and now wish you could have done more? That's pretty much a definition of a hero in my book.
If I haven't thanked you before, you have my heartfelt thanks now.

Regards,
The Beatnik

I wholeheartedly concur.  Mercedes (and TonyV!) especially deserve our heartfelt thanks.  No matter what happens or doesn't happen, they tried their utmost to help save PS and CoH, inspiring the rest of us along the way.

Whilst the official forums were frothing away into a spiraling drain of doom, I too wish I'd found this place earlier instead.  Thankfully, TonyV and Mercedes' info there  led me here.  This place is much more constructive.

And don't give up the ship, even in the months to come:  A.P.B. was rezzed.  Fallen Earth was rezzed.  Gods & Heroes was rezzed.  Hellgate:  London was rezzed.  Saga of Ryzom was rezzed.  Star Trek Online and Champions Online were sold off by Atari onto PWI and now continue on, as does work on the new Neverwinter online game.  Asheron's call, D & D Online and LoTRO were all bought out from their previous publishers and continue on.

Just because the phoenix does not immediately fly up from the ashes doesn't mean it never will.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2012, 02:28:04 PM »
I didn't actually get to make it to the rally itself. In the end, I went out as I had always played... the game crashed cause the graphics card overheated in my laptop. :o

But it's okay, it's fitting this way. I couldn't think of anything better to do anyway than standing on the steps of City Hall, surrounded by fellow heroes (and maybe a few visiting villains), War Witch floating overhead talking with us, and AVs occasionally spawning in nearby looking for a good facepunching. I was about to log back in when I realized, that's a good memory to go out on. I think I'll leave it there. (That and the shutdown moment would have been 4:30 am my time, and that's a bit much.)

So farewell my beautiful city. And all the wonderful friends I've met, and all the wonderful friends I hadn't met yet. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of each other, but for now the fight lies somewhere else.

Stay safe out there, Paragon City!

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2012, 02:31:03 PM »

VV... Misty... Please... Please don't think that.

You and TonyV and the others did more than anyone could dream.

Thank you so much.

We say the word "hero" so much here that I sometimes fear the word itself may lose it's proper meaning and become a platitude, a cliche.

So saying - with every ounce of the classic intent of the meaning of the word I could imbue - all the layers of meaning that inevitably accrue to such an important word.

You are a heroine to us all.

You say you're sorry you couldn't do more. While I was composing the above, something nagged in my memory. Something familiar about that phrase or something very much like it.

Then it hit me. HARD. I remembered where I had seen a similar sentiment.

Here.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHSdWUWB07c

Heroes never crow about saving the day, they are only haunted by the ones they did not save.

But the rest of us can see your heroism even if you cannot.

Kitsudragon

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2012, 03:47:36 PM »
I second all that. What you did was incredible, and won't be forgotten. And who knows? Maybe now that the IP is shut down, it's real-world dollar value will be seen as less. The chances of acquiring it go up over time, as it becomes less valuable to the owners.

I'm going to repost something I just put on another thread. Some of the people I game with will probably recognize this, because I've been posting this around the last day or so.

===

I've posted this on a few other places, but I'll put it here, too.

What happened to City of Heroes was tragic. But it's not the end.

Our characters don't exist on their game servers. They exist with us. Their stories have been shared with us, and our friends, for as long as we've been there.

Personally, I like the player-dev endgame that was cooked up a few days ago. It suggests that a climactic battle with the Battalion resulted in Earth being sharded into three identical parallels. In one, the Hamidon of Praetoria fused with ours, and became an Ascended creature. The Battalion were trapped on that shard with the Ascended Hamidon, and trapped inside their own Battalion dimensional bubble, with nowhere to run. Who knows if they'll live or not? But their odds don't look good.

In another Earth shard, now known as "Incarnate Earth," humanity lives on. From our characters' perspectives, at the zero hour, Hamidon, the Battalion, and other dimensional invaders all simply vanished. Like they'd never been here. Earth had a moment of collective uncertainty before it finally sunk in that all their enemies were gone. The Rikti were gone, or their remnants trying to eke out a living on Earth without future backup. The Battalion had been dodged and trapped in a prison shard, the one future path Mender Silos could never have seen coming, and thus was never able to prepare for until last week. And the Portal Corps generators now connected to a whole new multiverse of destinations. Places they'd never been to before. Other worlds with heroes, and villains, and all new potential threats. Threats that Paragon City would need its heroes to investigate, and maybe forge alliances with.

And as for Mender Silos? A third shard, with no one on it but him. The price he paid willingly to carry off an eleventh-hour save for Earth's future.

In my world, my heroes (and villains) are waiting for me in their own private superbase, snickering at how maudlin I'm behaving. The villains are getting a a bit tetchy, because they have so many stories to share with me still, and I'm carrying on like I'll never see them again. But that's not true.

Disney may acquire the IP. Or someone else might. There may be alternatives in the future. Who knows? But even if not, I'll still be exploring my characters' stories, and sharing their adventures with them, wherever they open a Portal to.

Because that's what makes us heroes.

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2012, 03:55:04 PM »

You and TonyV and the others did more than anyone could dream.

Thank you so much.

We say the word "hero" so much here that I sometimes fear the word itself may lose it's proper meaning and become a platitude, a cliche.

So saying - with every ounce of the classic intent of the meaning of the word I could imbue - all the layers of meaning that inevitably accrue to such an important word.

You are a heroine to us all.

Beautifully put to words. I could not agree more.

Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

Quinch

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2012, 04:09:43 PM »

Don't go there. That way lies madness.

Later today, tomorrow, next week or month you'll think of something you could have differently that might have tilted the odds just a little. It doesn't matter.

You pushed yourself beyond the redline. You've led the creation of something that might give us - all of us, not just the four schlebs who decided to poke a bear, not the hundred thousand who played the game, but those and everyone else who might join us someday a chance of resurrection of something that didn't only enrich their lives, but saved them too.

What you could have done? You could have proofread my message and called it a day. That would have been the end of that - a lackluster email campaign, an act of pitiful desperation at best.

Mentalshock posited the idea. I tried to realize it, but you saw the potential and seized it for all it was worth, not just fractions or facets the rest of us glimpsed. Without you, neither Ammon or Rae would have joined with their own unique talents, nor the devs with their information.

You did this.

You.

You sacrificed time and effort, run yourself ragged mentally and emotionally to go above and beyond what anybody would have a right to expect of you, let alone demand. You inspired me to chip in, tweak, add and polish, Ammon to analyze and calculate and set business hooks, Rae to spread the word we'd need to get any kind of traction. And if you don't believe me, remember that from the first moment on, I've had the front row seat from day one. You don't get to doubt yourself, not what you've accomplished, not the hope you've given us.

I'm not giving you that right.

Now get some rest. You've earned it.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2012, 04:40:09 PM »

I agree with others.  You did more then others you did more then you think.  Every letter that been written and sent was because of you.  We all knew this was going to happen we said it often that NCsoft refuses to listen.  We did it anyway because it's not about winning it's about not giving up.

you Inspired us to not give up, not give in, and Not to surrender.  No one not all the superheroes in all the comics can make a human being change his/her mind if that person refuses to care.  Don't blame yourself your our WonderWoman, Your our Victoria Victix, YOUR OUR HEROINE!!

The Torches will burn forever, because they burn in our hearts.  More now then ever Never give up, Never surrender!

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2012, 05:38:05 PM »
TonyV and Mercedes, if there isn't a  statue erected to the pair of you in whatever we're calling Plan Z currently, I will raise hell :-p

You guys did so, so much. I don't know what else you could have done. But NC Soft was..it was like screaming into the darkness. They were hellbent on ignoring us, and that says more about their faults than it does ours.

Now a whole new world for our characters to explore is being created, and we've marched up to frigging Disney and asked for them to give us a happy ever after.

And more than ANYTHING else, this has bought so many people here. I've met people I would never have met otherwise, I've found support and understanding in people I probably wouldn't even have known existed otherwise. I made more friends in the last three months of COH than I did the whole seven and a bit years I played the game.

Everything is really hard and really painful right now, but you and Tony were the heart and soul of Save. I honestly don't know what more you could have done - what more ANY of us could've done.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »
i also agree, tonyV and mercedes have been an incredible source of leadership and have given me the hope that with our efforts we are making a difference and coh will rise again

the original game may be gone for the time being, but i dont believe it will be gone forever

the war against ncsoft has only yet begun

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2012, 06:46:53 PM »
I gave up getting into Virtue last night after I lost the connection for a second time. I had two VIP accounts, and my plan was to have my son's of Thor, Modi and Magni Thorssen, playing out a second Ragnarok. Plan B turned out to be logging into Liberty as Devine Pixie, whom I hadn't played since NCSOFT made the announcement that COH would be closing. She joined a smallish team, there were 5 of us, for one final mission against the minions of Lord Recluse.

I had been switching toons through out the night, my main, Willowbright - my only toon to make it to level 50, made it in a couple of times, and did a couple of Rikti invasion team-ups. But it was the little pixie on Liberty that amazed me. I totally submerged into the character to the delight of her teammates as we fought the evil spiders of Arachnos. Only bit I can remember at this point was someone complimented her on her wings, to which she replied: "Thanks, I grew them myself..."

I do have her, and several other characters, saved via Sentinel Plus. There were also a few I didn't bother with, toss away characters, who are either easy to replicate, and not so high level that if COH does see a new dawn it won't be a big deal to reconstruct them, and a few that I looked at and said, meh, don't really care if I ever play them again.

Sigh... I'm planning on writing a piece for my blog on all this... the way I'm going at this post, looks like I can copy and paste this and have a good start.

So, on that note, I'll leave it to the next person to continue the thread here...

vandegraff

• Underling
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2012, 07:27:35 PM »
As I said last night before they shut the lights off, and as others have said far more eloquently than I can in this thread, you did more than enough.

And yes, get some sleep.

- Raven Herald

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2012, 08:24:45 PM »
Some battles simply cannot be won. NCSoft had all the cards.

But they've done their worst. Now comes the slow grinding battle. They will remain silent and try to pretend we don't exist now, and hope we dissipate in frustration. We will continue to hound and goad them like a swarm of flies on... something rotten, and try to force them into giving up that IP, or replacing them. Either way, we need to take the long view now.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2012, 08:32:08 PM »
im prepared for the long haul, the coh community is something i am proud to be part of and something i wont let die without a fight, as i see it, we may have lost the battle, but the war is just beginning