Author Topic: Sharing of CoH vids, demo's etc  (Read 49153 times)

wei yau

• Boss
Re: Sharing of CoH vids, demo's etc
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 02:33:49 AM »
I have some stuff to share. You might know me as @Septipheran in game and TwoHeadedBoy on the COH forums.

Last ITF Ever (video)

Even knowing how it was going to end, I couldn't help but shout "Yes!' and give a fist pump when you completed the last mission.

Amazing stuff.  Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Septipheran

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 04:08:34 AM »
Even knowing how it was going to end, I couldn't help but shout "Yes!' and give a fist pump when you completed the last mission.

Amazing stuff.  Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Hi, thanks so much. I'm genuinely surprised and stoked at all the attention the video has been getting. It really was a great way to go out and I'm glad so many other people are getting to share in the experience.

Zenzen

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 02:46:34 PM »
Well, like everyone else, I have a ton of screenshots, and I went into overdrive in the last week of the game.  Most of the images were really just for me, or my wife and sons, and would really only interest us. We all played the game, and all were online on the 30th until the end (or some of us were, until 'the mom' declared, "No, it really is too late and it IS bedtime!  You can watch the video tomorrow!"  We're east coasters, so no 3am shutdowns for the 9 year old :P ).   I also made some more with the intent of capturing something that I loved about the game: mood pieces; amusing things; the 'classic wallpaper' shots, etc.  Here are a few of them that I think are shareworthy

They're all 1920*1028 'cause that's my screen resolution.

This is my youngest sons' current main Protege Justice rezzing (again) in AE. I like the framing effect of the AE medbay.

I wanted to make some pix showing fights or action, but I wanted to avoid the typical over-the-shoulder/three-quarters-overhead-view, and I had a surprisingly hard time coordinating alts and mobs and poses and camera.  I could demorecord, and I will eventually, but I wanted to make "live" shots that had some dynamism, and that were well framed.  I think these next two did this:

Agent Double-O Soul putting down a little justice.

Dragons Daughter bringing it on.

These next three are just fun. When I first started the game the game world just seemed so lively.  I would sometimes just stop and look at stuff on walls and billboards.  I never got out of that habit, in fact.

Here's a 'classic wallpaper' shot in a favorite spot for them - Blyde Square

Finally, I have a 'mood' pic with my redside co-main La Demoiselle (who's waaay in the background alongside
Television).  I was trying to imply the isolation and loneliness of the character and the trust-no-one world in Grandville by using the oldest trick in the book - distance.  Obvious perspective lines are obvious, but they do point directly at the 'characters' there.  Oh, did anyone else know that among the static showing on Television there is an occasional flash of a crab spider image?  I took alot of screenshots to capture it. Just not this one.

Thanks Devs.  This game had soul.

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 04:04:37 PM »
Hi there got a bunch of screenies - ones taken by me and a fair few i have copied from elsewhere, 430 in file. Again gonna distribute by utorrent :

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:045558E0C972432BCC6D507FA83CDF048B39A202&dn=Part%201&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce

but if this doesn't work for people and you have a better way that isn't a huge drag - please let me know. If some do go for the torrent option, when i see you DLing, i will carry on seeding until you are done.

Medicow

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 05:09:37 AM »
I have some videos recorded of places like the Matrix Room and a couple of others, but I cant seem to figure out how to edit it to upload them.. I have the Demo editor and I downloaded all the stuff needed.. and I can't seem to get it to work right.. I feel stupid.. but I need help.. ((Okay we all need help but hey what do you expect.. we are gamers)) How do I do it.. and how do I combine it with music?

A hand .. Please...

Glass Goblin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 05:16:35 AM »
I have some videos recorded of places like the Matrix Room and a couple of others, but I cant seem to figure out how to edit it to upload them.. I have the Demo editor and I downloaded all the stuff needed.. and I can't seem to get it to work right.. I feel stupid.. but I need help.. ((Okay we all need help but hey what do you expect.. we are gamers)) How do I do it.. and how do I combine it with music?

A hand .. Please...

What is it you are trying to do? Just playback the demo? Swap out characters? Turn them into video? I'm sure someone will be happy to help.

Medicow

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 05:36:02 AM »
I want to be able to Upload the Video so people can see the pretty Matrix room.. Learn how to add people into it.. and maybe add music.. but first.. how do I get it so I can even upload it.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 08:10:41 AM »
You seem to be confused. Is that an already recorded video capture OR is it a demo recorded in the game? It can't be both at the same time.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 08:21:06 AM »

A hand .. Please...

Okay, first things first.

1 - if you demorecorded stuff in-game, that is not automatically made into a video file. To do that, you will have to play back the demofiles and capture them somehow (whether by using FRAPS, Camstudio, or other screen capture application), or by converting the demofiles to JPGs and compiling them in VirtualDub.

2 - once you have actually converted your demofile into a video file of some time or another, then you have a couple of options. You can upload them as-is directly to YouTube (no music, no nothing), or you can use a video program like Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, what have you, to add a music track and then save your video with a soundtrack.

3 - that's when you upload it to YouTube for others to see.

Now, you mentioned wanting to add people to your demofile. There a couple of tutorials on the Paragon Wiki page for Demo_Recording - I'd advise checking them out. That will let you put people into your video that were not there at the time you actually filmed it in-game, *IF* you recorded as a demofile. (If you used FRAPS while you were in the Matrix room, then what you filmed is what you've got.)

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Medicow

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 01:46:26 AM »
Everything I have was /demorecord  And I am giving that a shot.   Thank you.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2012, 11:52:42 PM »
Demorecords that I have are available on Google Docs.  Two of the files are from Megajoule (CoH Zones) and Arachnion (Demo Records.rar) respectively, who have both offered their recordings up in other places on the forums.  My zipped archive includes Triumph's final Hamidon raid, which was broken upon saving.  I removed some data in the beginning of the file and it's playable as a fixed version, although some obvious problems are visible (no nucleus, attacks and pathing go right through the zone floor on some toons and organelles.)

I only captured demos from the last day of play, which have some "Who Will Die" maps, the Matrix Room, and the Hive.  I wish I learned how easy it was to do earlier, my last three months would have been carried out VERY differently.

Well, anyway... enjoy! https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B_m0lcQNX49AdTBDWjlZcWRLcTg/edit
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2012, 11:58:33 PM »
*snip*

Well, anyway... enjoy! https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B_m0lcQNX49AdTBDWjlZcWRLcTg/edit

Heh.

The demo records file you have of mine, was actually just of those costume sets I have in that big post in this thread.

I actually have 527 MB of demos, 144 files in that folder. They are not mine, they are from a pack someone put up on the old official forums I believe, that I got before it went down.

Anyway, I might compress it and upload it sometime.
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 12:44:07 AM »
By the way, is there any place that I can download the login screen/server select background images?

Don't know if you got an answer, but here's a link to the Paragon Wiki's Category page:
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Category:Images
/em holdtorch

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2012, 01:09:20 AM »
Heh.

The demo records file you have of mine, was actually just of those costume sets I have in that big post in this thread.

I actually have 527 MB of demos, 144 files in that folder. They are not mine, they are from a pack someone put up on the old official forums I believe, that I got before it went down.

Anyway, I might compress it and upload it sometime.

Can't wait to see it, and thanks in advance if you do. :D  Hopefully someone gets a central repository going for these files (if not TitanNet, who said it's a priority but not the top one at the moment) and I'll offer up mine to that instead.

If not, Google's got the space.  That works for me.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2012, 01:36:17 AM »
It is done.

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D0133125_936_04626173

I apologize beforehand if any problems arise with the file.

It is compressed to 70 mb.

:P
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:43:50 PM by Arachnion »
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Enantiodromos

• Underling
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 02:36:07 PM »
Hi Titan forums! By way of introduction, here's what I got so far:

http://youtu.be/4UXzVOgusfo

Bear in mind I'd never touched .demorecord files, FRAPs, or windows movie maker before about five days ago. I know I have a couple typos and lousy font choice.   :-[

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 10:56:00 PM »

Bear in mind I'd never touched .demorecord files, FRAPs, or windows movie maker before about five days ago. I know I have a couple typos and lousy font choice.   :-[

That's not half bad for a first try!
Can't wait what more you will come up with.
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2012, 02:03:01 AM »

I love how you used the non-radio edit of More Human Than Human. 

Again, as Globetrotter said, a heck of a first try.  Some people are horrible with titling altogether, which isn't the case for you.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 02:10:05 PM »
Here is an image showing the original members of my supergroup in their base: 
http://todogut.deviantart.com/art/Original-Krusaders-in-Base-341300424

Here is a video portrait:
http://youtu.be/G2a7OosBdDw

Mura

• Underling
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 09:44:49 AM »
I finally had time to finish my Coh Tribute video, which you can find here now: http://youtu.be/KnLUE5hPuh4
I am still very new to the whole video recording/editing thing, so I am happy for any comments and suggestions  :)

Also, to make this I recorded a lot of small fraps videos from the game (lots more then you can see in the video).
Sadly, since i didnt had a registered version of fraps, the all have the fraps watermark on them and are all only a few seconds to 30 seconds in length. And to make this even worse on some videos you can hear tv in the background (I didnt cared at that time, since I only wanted to play some music over them anyway). But if someone might be interested in this (maybe to find a particular scene for their own tribute?) I would take the time to give them some more meaningful names and maybe pack them all together?