Author Topic: Earliest memories  (Read 3438 times)

Glass Goblin

• Lieutenant
Earliest memories
« on: December 01, 2012, 10:24:01 PM »
We'll all be sharing plenty of pictures from the end our of time in Paragon, so I wanted to take a different tack. What is the earliest personal image you have from CoH?

This is the oldest picture I have of Glass Goblin, although it's been regrettably cropped from the full shot. It's from the original Beta, taken on April 7, 2004, when he was still learning to avoid certain death debt at the hands of the Vahz in Kings Row.

Heraclea

• Minion
Re: Earliest memories
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 08:13:26 PM »
This is the first screenshot I have of Heraclea, taken Dec. 28, 2004, when she would have been five days old.  She's standing in a dumpster in King's Row, contemplating the future.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 08:28:13 PM »
I came in during the last beta I believe.  Of course, the first thing to do was create homage character to see if I could.  I made Weapon-X/Age of Apocalypse Wolverine, which was relatively easy to do as well as a NightCrawler homage -- the latter was more clever (or so I thought) since I used the circuitry mesh to emulate tattoos all over him.  I might have pics lingering somewhere.   I did make a fire/fire tanker, but it just didn't do it for me back then.

Edit:  From April 23rd, 2004:

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:29:49 PM by therain93 »
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

BobMc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 01:59:10 PM »
I located my first screenshot. It was saved as a .tga format. 7/9/2004

My first character ever "Trollbabe" -Tank (Invuln/Axe). It looks like I took it right after entering Atlas Park from Outbreak, and the time would be right for my first day in game.

Bio
Trollbabe is the result of an arcane merging of TTroll and Human resulting in a powerful, flexible physical being who also combines both Human and TTrollish magics. Inspired by the paper and pencil RPG Trollbabe by Ron Edwards of Adept Press. http://www.adept-press.com/trollbabe/ Note: a Trollbabe is not related to the Paragon city TTrolls in any way. She was my very first CoH character!

The Note was added much later in time. ( extra "T"s added to prevent her from becoming part unicorn on the forums--- lol)

In making her I decided that, although beautiful, she had a skin tone from her TTrollish ancestry. I happened to pick a nice lighter green that showed her features. Later on, I was quite surprised to find that there were TTrolls in the City and I had just happened to pick their skin tone color. The pic doesn't show that she is as Tall as possible in the game -something I regretted later navigating caves :)

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:59:54 PM by BobMc »
The final line of a post  by Sweet_Sarah on Liberty
"Together we entered a city of strangers, we made it a city of friends, and we leave it a City of Heroes."

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 05:02:37 PM »
Here are the earliest screens of my main and first 50, Avatar of RA, in 2 of his early costumes:

And my very first character, Basalt:

... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 12:39:28 AM »
Not my first character, but my first screenshot I took in the game.

If I recall correctly, at the time I didn't even know the game was saving screenshots in a special folder and I was pasting images into Photoshop and saving them off.  It wasn't until much later than I found this in the screenshots folder.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Glass Goblin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 12:44:10 AM »
If I recall correctly, at the time I didn't even know the game was saving screenshots in a special folder and I was pasting images into Photoshop and saving them off.  It wasn't until much later than I found this in the screenshots folder.

Hah! That's exactly what I did during beta. Then I said "Wait, Targa files?!"

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 12:52:24 AM »
I remember playing the game on a crappy computer with the lowest graphics settings on, in my earliest days.

Yeah, those were dark times. At the end of the game, I was using all Ultra Mode settings, maxed out.

:D
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 06:30:54 AM »
My first pic, taken on August 29, 2004, after I'd been in the city less than a week:

(Not sure why I decided to capture and crop this contact's bio, out of all the Eight, but it ended up being an interesting memento just a few months later, when Marvel [who also had a character named "Bastion"] forced them to change it to Citadel.)

A month later, on October 1, I ran Synapse's task force.  It came down to me, two other heroes, and the Clockwork King... in a completely ordinary warehouse.

Hotaru

• Lieutenant
  • Just a demo-loving fool in the Far East...
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 08:57:54 AM »
This is the earliest screenshot I could find:

Yeah, that's why they call it beta.
As far as toons go, here's a shot of the first one I made:

Pictured is Haiku Boy, my very first toon in beta. There was some silliness about haiku going on over on the game boards at that time, and since I had to get up at like 5 a.m just to get on during the brief window of playtime, I was none-too-sharp but eager to get started. So, first name that pops into my head + random button = horrible, horrible sight. As soon as I arrived in the city proper, I saw that people had found some magical way to choose more than 2 colors for their heroes. Like I said, none-too-sharp...

At any rate, you'll notice that the head of one or more Hellions is sticking up out of the hill--since they spawned in the middle of it. Of course, at the time I had no idea how to take screenies in game, let alone how to demo record. Ah, the movies I could've made--especially of all the times I ran back down 5 stories from some office building because I didn't know for about 3 weeks that you could exit via that little button...

Glass Goblin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 03:30:34 PM »
At any rate, you'll notice that the head of one or more Hellions is sticking up out of the hill

I'm actually much more concerned about the headless corpse you are standing on!

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 04:58:38 PM »
There can be only ONE!
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

MisterMagpie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 07:47:40 AM »
Ugh, I couldn't find my first images though I was sure I'd uploaded them to my webspace.

But my first pictures were of this character, who still wears the exact costume after all these years, though she's gained some more along the line.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I mean well, I swear.