Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 5989 times)

8 Ball

• Underling
The Walking Dead
« on: December 02, 2012, 01:46:10 PM »
Well yay, Comic Culture forums live on :)

Any predictions for tonights Mid-season finale? Personally I think Daryl is going to take out Merle...with Carol's death probably being the catalyst.

Profit

• Boss
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 02:45:54 PM »
Gah, should have made Walking Dead my first post in this section. :p

No predictions from me yet, I won't get to watch until tommorrow. So you won't see me back in this thread until then. :D

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 05:46:11 AM »
Well you know that Daryl and Meryl get out and then it's going to be all the drama back at the prison.

Personally I wanted Michonne to lop off Meryl's good hand.

So did a bomb go off at the prison during the riots to make that hole.  Not that's going to be a problem when the Gov comes calling.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 05:49:23 AM »
Glenn and Maggie are becoming major bad asses.

Michonne isn't impressive at all.    She must have been changed from the graphic novel because fans were talking about how awesome she was.   But so far she isn't any better at killing zombies or fighting than anybody else.  And she's not too bright.

Hopefully Tyrese turns out to be a good character.  So far I already like him more than characters who have been around a lot longer.

And speaking of Tyrese are the producers deliberately trying to be accused of having a token black guy?  Most the time that somebody screams token black I tend to ignore them as seeing what they want to see.  But damn.  T-Dog was the only black man.  Then we got another one in the prison but he didn't get added to the group until immediately after T-Dog died.  Sure he was around but not a part of the group.  Now Tyrese shows up and bang, no more Oscar.

And now we need to wait till February.  Dammit.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 04:00:48 PM »
My peeps!  I was just browsing and passed by this section several times before I realized it was here.  So obviously somebody asked nicely and they gave us a potential new home.  Any announcement or rules set up for this section, etc. I need to look at before getting back into the swing of things?

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 05:31:35 PM »
I agree with the sentiment that Daryl will indeed end up killing Merle.

If so, I cannot WAIT to see it happen.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 07:32:17 PM »
My peeps!  I was just browsing and passed by this section several times before I realized it was here.  So obviously somebody asked nicely and they gave us a potential new home.  Any announcement or rules set up for this section, etc. I need to look at before getting back into the swing of things?
It was the first post I made here at Titan, asking for a new home.

8 Ball

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 12:50:15 AM »
I liked the episode though it didn't advance the story as much as I'd hoped (I was expecting the Govornor's forces to reach the prison by the end of this episode or so) Andrea is still annoying me and I wish they didn't make TV Michonne so stupid...she's really badass when the writers want her to be but the other half the time or so she goes and does stupid things like open a zombie cage w/o checking it out first.

And yay the introduction of Tyreese! Hope he sticks around longer than he did in the comic (might only have a couple episodes if it follows closely to the comic) But how in the hell did Ricks group not notice the big gaping hole in the back of the prison?

Also best quote I've read today about the "Token black guy" nature of Walking dead

"Black people are the Dr. Who of The Walking Dead. They are always in rotation. One dies, and the other one shows up."

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 02:39:04 AM »
I liked the episode though it didn't advance the story as much as I'd hoped (I was expecting the Govornor's forces to reach the prison by the end of this episode or so) Andrea is still annoying me and I wish they didn't make TV Michonne so stupid...she's really badass when the writers want her to be but the other half the time or so she goes and does stupid things like open a zombie cage w/o checking it out first.

And yay the introduction of Tyreese! Hope he sticks around longer than he did in the comic (might only have a couple episodes if it follows closely to the comic) But how in the hell did Ricks group not notice the big gaping hole in the back of the prison?

Also best quote I've read today about the "Token black guy" nature of Walking dead

"Black people are the Dr. Who of The Walking Dead. They are always in rotation. One dies, and the other one shows up."

me and my best friend were just talking bout this topic this afternoon. like i was telling him, ive have never noticed that in any show or movie ive seen.
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 05:13:27 PM »
Thankfully they showed a little more character in Michonne this week.  (Following up on my statements about the charcter from our discussion on the old boards)  The episode felt more like a teaser trailer for the next episode in February than a fall finale.  A lot happened but a lot didn't.  Loving Glen and Maggie and Carl is becoming a real bad ass.  Andrea needs to die by fire.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 06:54:19 PM »
From the preview I'm going to guess they rescue Daryl (and unfortunately Meryl) but Michonne is captured.

And Andre is just a walking example of bad life choices.  Does she even know that Shane is dead?  The farm invasion occurred just after the Rick/Shane/Carl scene and I don't remember if she found out or not.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 02:42:41 PM »
Were they doing the zombie investigation science in the comic?

I can see the Governor hoping for a cure for his daughter as a reason to keep her "alive" as he did.

And if Carl turned would Rick shoot him do you think?

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 03:42:51 PM »

And if Carl turned would Rick shoot him do you think?

Yes.  Then he'd talk to his ghost for 4 episodes.

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
    • Repeat Offenders Network - Making the stupidly difficult easy since 2005
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 04:36:53 PM »

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 09:21:07 PM »
And Andre is just a walking example of bad life choices.

Indeed. She's replaced Rick's Wife as the main cast-member I hate the most.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/