Author Topic: Stephen Colbert?  (Read 19191 times)

kalynnda13

• Minion
Re: Stephen Colbert?
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 08:51:02 PM »

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 12:59:41 AM »
Excellent plan.  EVIL KOREANS DESTROYED HIS SUPER GROUP!

LMAO... Thank you VV. Laughed so hard at that I now have the hiccups.

Quick... somebody scare me.

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »
Couldn't resist.  Sent out this tweet:

@StephenAtHome korean company out to destroy/replace patriotic American superheroes with weird little jigglyboob stripper elves! #SaveCOH

Surely that's worth a glance, right?
Beware the mighty faceplant!

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 06:06:13 PM »
I sent him, " @StephenAtHome Evil Korean games company destroying American jobs and killing off patriotic superheroes! #savecoh #remembercoh #avengecoh "
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Tanglefoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 11:45:32 PM »
Those last 2 made me laugh so hard! ;D

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 12:37:44 AM »
Evil Koreans KILLED Your Super Hero Group the Colbert Nation! Help Spread the word anyway you can plz!
http://www.cohtitan.com

Edit

How much of an amazing thing would it be for us if he commented about this on his show?

Archlight

• Minion
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 06:20:57 PM »
Evil Korean company destroys a City in Rhode Island. That should get his commentary going.

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 11:08:27 PM »
Evil Korean company destroys a City in Rhode Island. That should get his commentary going.
It's Friday, no show tonight.

It's possible with this week being devoted to Tolkien, his staff just didn't want to geek out any further.  I suggest we try to get a mass tweet campaign going for Sunday.  Something to the Colbert Nation Twitter account, so that when the intern who has the job of reading it in the morning comes in on Monday, they have a big block of tweets.  Something that gets noticed. 

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 12:31:12 AM »
I'm on board, but, having no idea how many of the registered members are reading this, we're going to have to work hard to make ourselves heard above the usual noise of the Colbert Nation.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 02:49:45 AM »
I figure on putting a note in the other Twitter Blitz threads on Saturday night/ Sunday morning.    It's one of those things that (In My Opinion) we don't want to do too early because I'd rather have it be up front Monday Morning when they come into work.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 10:18:47 AM »
Put in an alert on this over on the SaveParagon main board as well.  Larry says this is sheer brilliance.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 06:54:25 PM »
Put in an alert on this over on the SaveParagon main board as well.  Larry says this is sheer brilliance.
Ayuh!

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 10:17:51 PM »
YAY!

Well all in all I guess we have my friend to thank for creating the super group to begin with lol.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2012, 07:49:21 AM »
Just a note, the major force of his fandom is now dedicated to getting him appointed as replacement senator for South Carolina. While he probably won't be appointed, that is where the focus is now in Colbert Nation. Not sure if anything Save CoH related will really make waves with the general populace right now, so it may be best to wait a bit until the Senate furor dies down.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2012, 09:02:24 AM »
Nah , we should go ahead.  The Colbert Nation, unlike the fans of other fake news, are actually able to think about more than one thing at a time.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2012, 10:13:16 PM »
Just a note, the major force of his fandom is now dedicated to getting him appointed as replacement senator for South Carolina. While he probably won't be appointed, that is where the focus is now in Colbert Nation. Not sure if anything Save CoH related will really make waves with the general populace right now, so it may be best to wait a bit until the Senate furor dies down.
It is a sad truth that, yes, Jim DeLint stepping down is captivating his Twitter Feed and added to that, North Korea announced they discovered Unicorns.  So another Korean/Twitter-ish thing may not fit.  Then again, they may make an association I don't see and find something funny.

We can only do our best to get noticed, and more pinging them means more chance of being noticed.  If it doesn't  happen before they shut down production for the year then we just get ready to try and be the first thing he notices next year. 

There are also other media targets out there.  GU Comics, PvP Online, Penny Arcade, Nodwick.  All of those are Online Comics that use the Gaming Community as a focus.  Nodwick's characters appeared in the CoH Comics as a back up feature.  PvP Online's cast played CoH regularly and one of his characters, The LolBat, came out of a CoH arc in his comic.  Join their forums, see if we can dig up some chatter.  This doesn't end until we call it quits. 

GU Comics
http://www.gucomics.com/comic/
Focused mostly on Gamer Industry and Community humor.  Has done several bits on CoH

PVP Online
http://www.pvponline.com/
A Comic about an office that works on a Gamer Magazine.  Lots of personal storylines, but they are all Gamers and had several arcs about CoH.

Penny Arcade
http://www.penny-arcade.com/
More NSFW than the others.  If cursing bothers you, probably won't like them.  But they are another Gamer focused comic with a large fan base and active forums.  Also responsible for starting Child's Play, one of the largest Gamer Charity Fund Raisers. 

Nodwick
http://www.nodwick.com/
Began as a pretty much D&D comic, and a long running one in Dragon Magazine.  He did several comics about CoH.  No forums, but you can email from a link on his main page and see if we can get his support.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2012, 01:02:10 AM »
Just repeating:

Nah , we should go ahead.  The Colbert Nation, unlike the fans of other fake news, are actually able to think about more than one thing at a time.

The Colbert thing we have going over on Save Paragon is Colbert-Nation Specific anyway.  It won't work for anyone else.

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2012, 01:46:07 AM »
The Colbert thing we have going over on Save Paragon is Colbert-Nation Specific anyway.  It won't work for anyone else.
True. 

Just pointing out there are other places we can be looking at to expand our coverage.