Author Topic: Stephen Colbert?  (Read 19088 times)

mikenovember

• Lieutenant
Re: Stephen Colbert?
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2012, 08:45:46 AM »
Penny Arcade
http://www.penny-arcade.com/
More NSFW than the others.  If cursing bothers you, probably won't like them.  But they are another Gamer focused comic with a large fan base and active forums.  Also responsible for starting Child's Play, one of the largest Gamer Charity Fund Raisers. 

They're also responsible for PAX, which is now PAX East, West and - think it's going international.  Gabe and Tycho are actually pretty powerful players in the gaming industry. 

They did a strip on shut down - but might take another swing if we appeal to them properly. I'd send emails to tycho - since he does post his address and twitter feed. 

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/10/01

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2012, 01:13:26 PM »
They're also responsible for PAX, which is now PAX East, West and - think it's going international.  Gabe and Tycho are actually pretty powerful players in the gaming industry. 

They did a strip on shut down - but might take another swing if we appeal to them properly. I'd send emails to tycho - since he does post his address and twitter feed. 

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/10/01

I enjoyed the Penny Arcade cartoon as well as many of the cartoons following that particular one.  Thanks for link and the humor. 
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

unladenswallow

• Lieutenant
  • "Are you suggesting Coconuts Migrate?"
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2012, 10:41:17 PM »
So what's the word on trying to get Stephen Colbert's attention? Any luck?
"The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." -Thomas Paine

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2012, 12:21:56 AM »
So what's the word on trying to get Stephen Colbert's attention? Any luck?

AFAIK we're developing a promotional site and planning a coordinated Twitter campaign aimed at the various Colbert related accounts (the man himself, Comedy Central, Colbert Nation etc.) to take place over the course of a few prime days once his new season starts.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2012, 06:25:50 AM »
I am really not sure where I first saw them, but I had seen a few pictures of Colbert standing next to a list of various things on a blue board. I found one that had a few recognizable names from the CoH official forums. The other one was similar and I could have sworn that one of the things on the list was "CoT cave maps."  Can anyone tell me what was going in these pictures? Has Colbert had something to do with CoX before?
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2012, 06:26:46 AM »
I am really not sure where I first saw them, but I had seen a few pictures of Colbert standing next to a list of various things on a blue board. I found one that had a few recognizable names from the CoH official forums. The other one was similar and I could have sworn that one of the things on the list was "CoT cave maps."  Can anyone tell me what was going in these pictures? Has Colbert had something to do with CoX before?

He had a supergroup called the Colbert Supernation.  I'm unclear on if he actually played the game, but we know he's a comic fan.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2012, 07:52:16 AM »
I thought that someone here had said they created that vecause they were a fan, not that he actually had any involvement.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2012, 08:03:40 AM »
I don't genuinely know.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2012, 09:04:43 AM »

The blue board is his "threat list". At least one of the users on the old forums had several Colbert-based avatars, one or two of them being that blue board with CoH related entries photoshopped in. (If they weren't photoshopped, that's a story I'd like to hear :) )

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2012, 08:23:38 PM »
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2012, 12:17:07 AM »
There's a generator:
http://www.shipbrook.net/onnotice/

Damn, that's pretty friggin sweet. Thanks, Syrus.
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

Quinch

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2012, 05:02:32 AM »
Well, on the topic of Tek Jansen - given that the CoH costume creator allows for a pretty good replica, how about creating a brief demo starring him?