Author Topic: Disney Concerns  (Read 18784 times)

0nehanklap

• Lieutenant
Re: Disney Concerns
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 02:08:23 PM »
UniqueDragon, is that you ?

Seriously, am I the only one to find a similarity in the expression ? :D

(Apologies to the real one if he got better since he warned us that the game may be gone to the americans)

Actually, I find it strangely comforting to think he might still be out there . . .

Archlight

• Minion
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 06:47:20 PM »
While am encouraged by VV efforts and passion I am unsure why Disney would even want to look at COH. They are the owners of Marvel and isn't Marvel/Disney working on the new Marvel MMO. Granted their MMO is Diablo III based and compared to COH its like playing a sims version of a super hero game.

Not sure why they would want to buy and run a competitive product. The only hope I have here is they drop the Diablo III effort and port there efforts and bring Marvel characters into the COH game with COH2.

Maybe there are things afoot I cannot see of do not understand.

Keep the good work going I am rooting for us all.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 07:43:48 PM »
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Archlight

• Minion
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 11:33:29 PM »
Excellent and let me get my cape out of the way so you can carry on.

Still learning my way around the new boards.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 11:38:40 PM »
Welcome, if no one else has said it, yet.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »
While am encouraged by VV efforts and passion I am unsure why Disney would even want to look at COH. They are the owners of Marvel and isn't Marvel/Disney working on the new Marvel MMO. Granted their MMO is Diablo III based and compared to COH its like playing a sims version of a super hero game.

If Time Warner offered them DC or Paramount offered them Star Trek, do you think Disney would say "thanks, but we've alreay got franchises that cover those areas"? :P
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 12:57:11 AM »
I'm confused, WTF is a "unicorn"? I know what a troll is, but I've never heard about unicorns on message boards.

Thank you,

WolfSoul

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 01:08:59 AM »
I'm confused, WTF is a "unicorn"? I know what a unicorn is, but I've never heard about unicorns on message boards.

Thank you,

WolfSoul

The Titan boards automatically translate the name for a common and obnoxious forum pest named for a creature that dwells under bridges into the equally mythical and fanciful "unicorn."

It also now evidently translates the common four letter term for excrement into "pancake."  Whole new meaning for "International House of Pancakes"..... :P
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 01:38:42 AM »
I didn't know about the excrement one! Codewalker's been busy! And living up to his name...
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 02:14:00 AM »
Hey everyone VV, TonyV and the other guys running the show!

I have an idea....Everyone likes Disney right? I mean even if they SAY they hate it if you offered to buy their entire way into Disney Land I am pretty damned sure there is few people whom would say NO to that right?

So what I was thinking is offering NCSOFT this "what if" that might convince them to sell the game to Disney if Asked.

So NCSOFT "whomever we are talking to with the authority"

You like Disney or have gone to or want to go to Disney land?
Asian guy so obvious answer is gonna be a yes yes and yes.

OK! So we all know Disney LOVES to make rides out of all of their fan favorite things even if the ride only lasts a short while. I mean Mr. Toads Wild Ride was based off a B List movie and it lasted for decades!

So If you were to sell to Disney if they end up asking or maybe you could help them choose by offering! We might be able to convince them to make a City of Heroes ride riiiight?

Now everyone KNOWS where City of Heroes originally came from and even though paragon was a big name YOUR name was right along side of it and none of that matters because something YOU Made possible is now a Disney ride....that YOU can now go to!

Think about it? City of Heroes ride in Disney land right? It would all be possible because of you and not just YOU win because you get to ride something like that by the whole WORLD would win!

What you guys think? lol

Just funny enough to try in the future? See what they think?
come On! Asians LOVE rides and they LOVE Disney! That is half the reason why NCSOFT couldn't say no if Disney came asking right?

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 02:34:54 AM »
Think about it? City of Heroes ride in Disney land right? It would all be possible because of you and not just YOU win because you get to ride something like that by the whole WORLD would win!
It has been said in several places around the forums that this sort of thing is kind of a bad idea.

First of all, we cannot promise anything.  We are not involved.  A pitch has been made requesting Disney investigate purchasing City of Heroes from NC Soft.  If they do, we have no input in the actual deal.  We cannot promise the creation of rides, movies, toys or games or anything. 

Suggesting to Disney what Disney might do with it's theme park properties is kind of rude.  I believe the phrase most often being tossed about refers to grandmothers and teaching about egg sucking. 

Suggesting to NC Soft that we have any input or influence on what Disney might offer or do is insulting because frankly they know we have no influence on the decision. 

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 05:38:14 AM »
On the other hand, if your letter includes, "I would LOVE to see such things as CoH-themed rides at Disneyland," as an expression of why the idea of CoH becoming part of the Disney family excites you, I doubt it would offend them. It's not trying to tell them how to use it, at that point, but showing starry-eyed hope and excitement over the wonderful things you think Disney might do (and that would excite you, as a paying customer, to see).

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 05:42:33 AM »
On the other hand, if your letter includes, "I would LOVE to see such things as CoH-themed rides at Disneyland," as an expression of why the idea of CoH becoming part of the Disney family excites you, I doubt it would offend them. It's not trying to tell them how to use it, at that point, but showing starry-eyed hope and excitement over the wonderful things you think Disney might do (and that would excite you, as a paying customer, to see).

I made mention that there are tons of cool things they could do in addition to just having the game. I forget how exactly I worded it but I basically made mention that they would have the opportunity to do their own stuff with it as well. Gave them examples like Disney related clothe items or maybe levels or powers etc.
Didn't mention that they should just that It about how really cool it could be and that there are many many other options that they could decide to do with it.

So mentioning that we would love to see a ride would be ok too!

Of course I only really meant it as a joke over all. So don't take it too seriously lol.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2012, 07:16:07 AM »
Love your enthusiasm, Vasarto, but a little research first....

"Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" is based on a classic Disney cartoon called "The Wind In The Willows" which is based in turn on a beloved British classic childrens' book.  It's right up there with Alice In Wonderland and Pinocchio.  In fact, it's probably about time for Disney to unVault Wind In The Willows again.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Botzo

• Minion
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2012, 07:29:32 AM »
Actually there is a group out there that apparently has been making plans to build a video game theme park(s)/tours/resorts. I don't think that Game Nations would be  too big into buying City as they're only just beginning to take their planning to execution in the next few years, but are looking for for rights to use certain IPs in their plans.

They recently did an interview on a internet radio show I listen to.

http://www.deadpixellive.com/episodes/1555-723-dead-pixel-live-11-26-12

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2012, 08:10:57 AM »
I made mention that there are tons of cool things they could do in addition to just having the game. I forget how exactly I worded it but
That's okay.  It is the post directly above the one you were commenting on.  Let me get that for you.
So what I was thinking is offering NCSOFT this "what if" that might convince them to sell the game to Disney if Asked.

So NCSOFT "whomever we are talking to with the authority"

You like Disney or have gone to or want to go to Disney land?
Asian guy so obvious answer is gonna be a yes yes and yes.

OK! So we all know Disney LOVES to make rides out of all of their fan favorite things even if the ride only lasts a short while. I mean Mr. Toads Wild Ride was based off a B List movie and it lasted for decades!

So If you were to sell to Disney if they end up asking or maybe you could help them choose by offering! We might be able to convince them to make a City of Heroes ride riiiight?
  (Highlighting my own)

Suggesting, even as a joke, that we have any control over this to NC Soft would be very harmful to the current proposal.  Not taking it 'too seriously' 'lol' and all but, this sort of comment tends to be misquoted and spiral out of control.

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 08:15:24 AM »
Actually there is a group out there that apparently has been making plans to build a video game theme park(s)/tours/resorts.

They better give Larry Niven and Steven Barnes a cut of the profits.  <Insert Grin Here>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_Park

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2012, 11:50:51 PM »
The Titan boards automatically translate the name for a common and obnoxious forum pest named for a creature that dwells under bridges into the equally mythical and fanciful "unicorn."

It also now evidently translates the common four letter term for excrement into "pancake."  Whole new meaning for "International House of Pancakes"..... :P

Ah, now I get it. Thank you. :)

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 11:53:26 PM »

Like "Silver Mantis' Dungeon Ride?"
 :o

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 01:05:54 AM »
Like "Silver Mantis' Dungeon Ride?"
 :o

HEY NOW!