Author Topic: Disney Concerns  (Read 18914 times)

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
Re: Disney Concerns
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2012, 01:41:50 AM »
Like "Silver Mantis' Dungeon Ride?"
 :o
I suspect that one would vibrate a lot. 0_o
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Rienuaa

• Minion
  • Lord Omi - Virtue
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 02:36:41 AM »
This thread reminds me of a certain thread involving jerk-hackers...

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2012, 10:41:51 PM »
HEY NOW!

Oops, there's that line. *tiptoes back over it*

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2012, 11:35:38 PM »
UniqueDragon, is that you ?

Seriously, am I the only one to find a similarity in the expression ? :D

(Apologies to the real one if he got better since he warned us that the game may be gone to the americans)
Actually the phrasing and grammar fails to me seem rather different from Uniquedragon's signature butchering of English. That said, parsing the OP did give me a bit of a headache. In all honesty i think the OP's concerns are rather misplaced at best.

Still, the point about Disney Interactive failing to turn a profit i can see as being both a bit concerning and likely to make CoH somewhat more appealing. The major issue i see is that most of the staff of Paragon Studios have been scattered to the winds at this point. Still, if Disney could also recruit the PS lead developers and whatever staff are willing to rejoin it just might work. In my opinion what really made the game work as well as it did was the Developer team, including (or especially) the rarely sighted by the players programmers who in my opinion were doing some amazing work expanding the engine. Just the pending scripting capabilities and things like Forcemove that were supposed to be added in Issue 24 were impressive additions. Simply buying the CoH IP from NCsoft and assembling a completely new staff to work on it could lead to another lackluster product on Disney Interactive's hands. Without the willingness to actively work with the game's community and maintain a two way dialogue i'd be dubious about City of Heroes' viability in the short to medium term. At the least i'd hope they'd manage to bring Matt and/or Melissa back on board.

Still, everything hinges on NCsoft doing something they've never done before and selling a cancelled game to another company, so i'll just continue to keep my fingers crossed that something happens in the near future.
So far so good. Onward and upward!