Author Topic: Our Other Options  (Read 31089 times)

Vasarto

• Boss
Our Other Options
« on: December 03, 2012, 03:33:27 AM »
OK I can see this is gonna get ridiculous so lets just consolidate ALL "our other options" ideas into one thread. This is ideas for people and companies to send letters too ONLY if Disney does not work out. Also to cut down on the massive amounts of threads that will be made and making us look less professional if our site is visited by one of these people in question.

So here we have the ideas for

Game Companies
Bio Ware
Valve? - Rumor has it that they are gonna merge with NCSOFT and another company but I doubt its true at all.
Bethesda

Celebs:
Oprah
Ellen Degeneres
Steven Colbert
Matt Smith - Rumor has it that he is  comic book fan
David Tennent - Same as matt.
Kevin Smith,
Felicia Day,
Wil Wheaton,
David Cross

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:44:02 AM by Vasarto »

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: Our Other Options
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 03:50:45 AM »
OK I can see this is gonna get ridiculous so lets just consolidate ALL "our other options" ideas into one thread. This is ideas for people and companies to send letters too ONLY if Disney does not work out. Also to cut down on the massive amounts of threads that will be made and making us look less professional if our site is visited by one of these people in question.

Game Companies
Bio Ware
Valve? - Rumor has it that they are gonna merge with NCSOFT and another company but I doubt its true at all.
Bethesda

Celebs:
Oprah
Ellen Degenerate
Steven Colbert

Uh, it's Ellen Degeneres....

Stephen Colbert we possibly have a ghost of a chance of getting the attention of.  Oprah and Ellen?  Not unless I manage to solo-fly a lawnchair tied to a bunch of balloons across the US.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 04:08:33 AM »
Thanks..I used spell check and that was my option and didn't think about it lol.

Well that is just the ideas so far that we have. The list will grow as time goes on and IF Disney does not latch onto the idea.

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 04:09:45 AM »
I just thought of another one!

MATT SMITH AND DAVID TENNENT!

The 10th and 11th Doctors from DR. Who! They are suppose to be GIANT Comic Book Nerds! I bet they would back this up! Plus they are Nerd Super Stars!

Fulcrum

• Lieutenant
  • The Phoenix Effect
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 04:13:44 AM »
Uh, it's Ellen Degeneres....

Stephen Colbert we possibly have a ghost of a chance of getting the attention of.  Oprah and Ellen?  Not unless I manage to solo-fly a lawnchair tied to a bunch of balloons across the US.

Would you be willing?  I'm sure I could set something of the sort up. VV ;)

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 04:18:59 AM »

You are not just saying that are you lol?

Also I have a cousin I never met and she probably does not know about my but Kristin Chenoweth lol
She I guess has been in a movie or two or a t.v show lol. If maybe I write her someday in the future and explain everything ....maybe she would be willing to help out family a bit?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 04:22:54 AM »

You are very scary people you know...you remind me of my neighbors.  The words "Here, hold my beer" usually precede something dangerous and potentially fatal.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

faith.grins

• Boss
  • Split your lungs with blood and thunder.
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 04:40:19 AM »
Matt Smith and David Tenant because they're comic book nerds?

Why not Kevin Smith, Felicia Day, Wil Wheaton, and David Cross while we're at it?  All four of those folks are comic book fans and gamers.  (Actually, Kevin Smith might not be a gamer, I don't precisely remember.)

(This is meant tongue-in-cheek, by the way.  Like, I know Felicia Day plays WoW, and kinda runs a show which depends on WoW's existence.  She might sympathize with us, but I don't think it's in her interests to throw her lot in with ours.  That's the basic point I'm making, here.)
Aram:  "Man, just look at all this.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that we get to live surrounded by such wonder."
Gamal:  "We don't live over there." Aram:  "We don't?"
Gamal:  "No.  We live over there." Aram:  "... But it's all on fire."
Gamal:  "Yes it is, Aram.  Yes it is."

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 05:10:20 AM »
You are very scary people you know...you remind me of my neighbors.  The words "Here, hold my beer" usually precede something dangerous and potentially fatal.

The most dangerous phrase in the english language.

"Hey.  Watch this!"

Fulcrum

• Lieutenant
  • The Phoenix Effect
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 05:16:21 AM »
You are not just saying that are you lol?

If it got some notice and got CoH saved?  I'd not only send VV across the US in a cobbled-together vehicle using helium balloons and a lawnchair, I'd play flight-attendant the entire trip, sew a pair of NASCAR-style jumpsuits by hand.... and bake a cheesecake from scratch.

Well I suppose that if you held my beer things would likely get cobbled together a little more quickly... with bailing wire, duct-tape and colorful language. ;)

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 05:26:45 AM »
If it got some notice and got CoH saved?  I'd not only send VV across the US in a cobbled-together vehicle using helium balloons and a lawnchair, I'd play flight-attendant the entire trip, sew a pair of NASCAR-style jumpsuits by hand.... and bake a cheesecake from scratch.

Well I suppose that if you held my beer things would likely get cobbled together a little more quickly... with bailing wire, duct-tape and colorful language. ;)

eh...ok same here lol.

Lets start something on the Kickstarter Web site the raise fundraiser money to help with the movement of getting ourselves noticed in the big wigs worlds like Disney and stuff. We can use it for a Campaign and fund professional advertisement for our cause!

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 05:27:10 AM »

"Hey.  Watch this!"
Just another way of saying, "Dial 9 and 1!"  My brother had reconstructive foot surgery to testify to that >.>

Anyway, I understand our (fairly lofty) targets here.  But what exactly should we be doing?  Letter-writing, Tweeting? 

faith.grins

• Boss
  • Split your lungs with blood and thunder.
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 05:57:53 AM »

"Hey.  Watch this!"
That's funny because the current MOTD on the PinnBadges IRC channel is "HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS!"

-sigh-
I miss Pinnbadges already.
Aram:  "Man, just look at all this.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that we get to live surrounded by such wonder."
Gamal:  "We don't live over there." Aram:  "We don't?"
Gamal:  "No.  We live over there." Aram:  "... But it's all on fire."
Gamal:  "Yes it is, Aram.  Yes it is."

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 05:59:45 AM »
Thanks..I used spell check and that was my option and didn't think about it lol.

Well that is just the ideas so far that we have. The list will grow as time goes on and IF Disney does not latch onto the idea.

[ctrl]-T is your friend. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 07:02:04 AM »

NCsoft and Nexon acquiring Valve was debunked a while ago.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 07:10:38 AM »
NCsoft and Nexon acquiring Valve was debunked a while ago.

i can also confirm this, and to be more specific, the CEO of valve said he would rather see his company disintegrate than to be bought out

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 08:05:08 AM »

Game Companies
Bio Ware
Bethesda

Celebs:
Oprah
Ellen Degeneres
Steven Colbert
Matt Smith - Rumor has it that he is  comic book fan
David Tennent - Same as matt.
Kevin Smith,
Felicia Day,
Wil Wheaton,
David Cross

Without looking for verifying data, I'm fairly certain that Felicia Day not only knows about this but mentioned it on one of her "Geek & Sundry" youtube videos.  I'm also fairly certain I sent Ms. Day a fannish plea for her assistance contacting her via youtube shortly after 8/31.  (Not saying if true she did it because I wrote her, but IIRC she was entirely sympathetic to our cause.)  Unless others have reasonable objections, I see no reason why we should not write all of these fine people to see if any are in a position and able to assist.  If numbers will tip the scales in letter writing, why not try?

Here's an idea:  If Ms. Lackey would be interested, and if Wil Wheaton would permit, perhaps V.V. could go on TableTop, play a fun board game and ideally Wil might let her pitch on the show, perhaps even adding to it himself.   My $0.02 won't even cover the cost of tax on that overpriced latte, solely for what it's worth.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:10:51 AM by johnrobey »
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 08:12:39 AM »
Howdy. Long time CoX player, new to Titan Network. Started lurking around the time NcSoft announced they were going to bend us over the table.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested, but why not reach out to dorkly.com?

If this has, my apologies. Just trying to help.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 08:21:09 AM »
Please contact dorkly with the letter writing campaign.

Guys, I appreciate deeply that you all think I am all that and a bag of chips, but I am not even a first-level guest at Dragoncon sort of fame.  I rate squarely in the midlist.  Will Wheaton would go "who?"  Don't concentrate on what my dubious notoriety can accomplish.  Concentrate on how we can get the most numbers. 

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 08:59:18 AM »
Please contact dorkly with the letter writing campaign.

Guys, I appreciate deeply that you all think I am all that and a bag of chips, but I am not even a first-level guest at Dragoncon sort of fame.  I rate squarely in the midlist.  Will Wheaton would go "who?"  Don't concentrate on what my dubious notoriety can accomplish.  Concentrate on how we can get the most numbers.

Well, you are all that to me, but, I know better than to argue with your assessment.  Colbert Nation seems like the best, most likely place for numbers, barring getting Oprah interested (I think Divine Intervention would be required for Oprah).  But I think Felicia Day could be contacted, and if David Tennant et al are comic and/or gaming fans, I think they're worth contacting as well.  I gotta get back to my belated Thanking the Media posts.  I've really been negligent about doing so.  So guys, please hop on those articles and leave a Thank You!  (I'm sure I don't need to make a request for all comments we make to media covering us be positive and to avoid NCSoft bashing in public.)  In Public Relations it's all about Optics, and I'm sure you'd want us to look good to all those outside our community.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine