Author Topic: Our Other Options  (Read 31339 times)

IronSkull

• Underling
Re: Our Other Options
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2012, 11:24:01 PM »
LOL. This is in NO WAY Serious but a Joke idea

Joke idea - Please do not be offended
Does anyone know any sick dying children who are really REALLY Big fans of City of Heroes?
If so this is what we do! Gather up as much money as we can together as a group and Give him a last wish! Send him to Nasa and let the little kid float around in an Anti grav chamber or maybe build him a playground of his very own and dedicate it to him or whatever else feasible he/she wants!

Than we talk with him and get him and his parents to get in touch with the Last Wish Foundation and get the little kid to tell them he/she wants their game back because of how important it is and how much they like it well...because Like I asked above they gotta already REALLY like the game!
So they ask if the last wish guys can talk to Disney or Microsoft or....anybody if they can further help him convince them to buy the game....something like that becomes a Media SUPER FREAKEN NOVA! Suddenly Fox, CBS, BBC are doing stories on him. Fast Forward. He/she gets to play City of heroes again for as long as he/she has left AND we already funded whatever it was that they wanted. If need be start something up on that Kick starter web site I am sure we could get some people to donate and help us out! I would chip in something like $700.00 to help make it happpen!

We have COH, Helped a dying child get their final wish AND get to play a video game again they once really enjoyed.

Everybody freakin wins....as long as no one finds out!
(0_(0)

Sithis help us if they found out!

I actually had a similar idea.... Though it involved giving a kid some terminal disease.... Darn my redside mind...

mikenovember

• Lieutenant
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2012, 12:49:03 AM »
Whatever happened to the COH story line stuff that the guys are Rooster Teeth used to do?  Wasn't one of them a CoH Player as I recall?

RVB might be a good group to reach out to for at least some support.

Another - and I know they did a comic for CoH - but we might want to hit them back up because they didn't really go into much depth due to a number of issues at the time is www.penny-arcade.com

Gabe & Tycho have much pull in the gaming world. 

We should also reach out to Warren Ellis, Neil Gaiman, Joss Whedon for support from their fan bases perhaps?? 

Possibly just some encouragement of our solidarity against the forces of evil?

jabiggers

• Minion
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2012, 01:39:26 AM »
Anyone thought about talking the producers for Comic Book Men? it's a show on AMC, never watched it, just saw the commercials during The Walking Dead.

I know the show is done until Feb, but they might would make a mention, if there are still negotiations going on or something. They might would put something on their web videos about it now.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/comic-book-men

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2012, 06:51:21 PM »
Oh god.  A Crey Tank with Water Blast powers.  "Crey Hydro Tank"

And I'm certain that it's already been done, but I shudder at the mental image of the blue-tinted-Water Blast hero, "Ty-D-Bowl Man".

Arctic Force.

• Lieutenant
  • I am A Blaster.....Floors Fear Me!!
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »
I made a water blaster on Justice and Beta named Capt. Enema >.>
One the biggest entertainment franchises was saved by a letter writing campaign. Now it has 4 spin-off tv shows an animated series, eleven movies plus 1 in the works, multiple games And pretty much started "Fan-Cons". Thanks Mr. Roddenberry  Earn free bitcoin

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2012, 10:18:24 PM »
I made a water blaster on Justice and Beta named Capt. Enema >.>

Oh, lord... I just had the most horrid thought about an Earth/Rad Controller, the 'Brown Bomber', with all the Rad powers tinted brown, and visualizing Choking Cloud, Quicksand, and Volcanic Gases... and all the fart jokes...

dplankey

• Underling
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2012, 10:20:05 PM »
Oh, lord... I just had the most horrid thought about an Earth/Rad Controller, the 'Brown Bomber', with all the Rad powers tinted brown, and visualizing Choking Cloud, Quicksand, and Volcanic Gases... and all the fart jokes...

I' bet you a donut someone actually made that on a server somewhere :)

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2012, 10:36:05 PM »
Agreed. Had to have happened!
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2012, 11:48:33 PM »
This is really derailing the discussion, but I had a water blaster tinted red. The whole group had a similar theme, but, since this is a family-friendly forum, I can't really elaborate.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2012, 12:37:02 AM »
Hey Guys? If Disney turns us down.

What About Nintendo?

Think about it? They are #1 innovators of the Gaming world. No one on Freaking earth has EVER dominated Nintendo when it comes to what they do best.
Even the GOD that is known as Sony failed at defeating Nintendo in the handheld market...God LULZ...I mean I bet if Mircosoft used its money to fund Apples Innovative new ideas and Sony made the hardware for it they STILL could not become the equal to Nintendo's market in handheld gaming lol.

Anyway, They are also the most beloved Gaming giant of the world AND get this! (Warning incoming Obvious statement)

They have NEVER had a successful MMO RPG like Cox.

Now you could ask well...but they have only done console gaming. Computer games are something they do not do and will only do stuff on consoles and their own system.

That is true but I bet with a convincing enough arguement we could persuade them to at least "think about it" and to think about it is to open a possibility!

Just a thought....plus They could integrate Wii U with it as well! So it could connect the PC AND the Wii controls with the Wii U as well to serve both parties!

Ceremonius

• Lieutenant
  • Here we are now! Entertain us! ~Nirvana
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2012, 12:54:27 AM »
Hey Guys? If Disney turns us down.

What About Nintendo?

Sorry to take you illusion, but there is a reason why Nintendo has not.much to do with PC stuff. As far as I know they failed hardly in the 90's to aquire their share on the pc market. It was a try as far as I know. At this time they nearly owned the console market (times when sega was successful).

So it's doubtful.that they want to take the risk (as far as I know the Wii U sales are als not the best).

If you think about console Organizations I would first consider Square-Enix.
They know about the MMO business, pc and consoles. I just sense one problem. I was part of the Final Fantasy 14 closed beta....and they nearly left the community itself just alone. With all the problems they might have during the CB. This is not the way someone should work with his fanbase. At least in my opinion.
No Guts, No Glory! No Pain, No Gain!
One for all, all for one; Riders on the range!
No Guts, No Glory! We're taking a stand!
Ready to prove it again!
~Galaxy Rangers

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2012, 01:11:46 AM »
EVERY option is on the long list.

Right now, we are contemplating the short list.

The problem we deal with is that Disney is large, and hence, moves slowly, and we think we are going to have to give them at least until after the New Year to ponder this.

HOWEVER--

That gives us all the more time to generate bags, boxes and barrels of mail.  Write, and write often.  This is not voting, where you can only do it once.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2012, 04:42:04 PM »
EVERY option is on the long list.

Right now, we are contemplating the short list.

The problem we deal with is that Disney is large, and hence, moves slowly, and we think we are going to have to give them at least until after the New Year to ponder this.

HOWEVER--

That gives us all the more time to generate bags, boxes and barrels of mail.  Write, and write often.  This is not voting, where you can only do it once.

Okay, I'll write more letters.  It's easy for me to find reasons for recommending City of Heroes to Disney.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2012, 12:59:08 AM »
Okay, I'll write more letters.  It's easy for me to find reasons for recommending City of Heroes to Disney.

You know, you could start with the fact that there were no private/pirate servers.  We all played the "real" game without looking for a free option.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

caine6900

• Minion
  • I love City of Heroes
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2012, 01:09:55 AM »
I was just wondering if Disney has even breathed on this yet. It is just all this waiting it wearing us down. We would like some decent news. Thanks off the soap box now!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2012, 01:40:06 AM »
You know, you could start with the fact that there were no private/pirate servers.  We all played the "real" game without looking for a free option.

Was thinking I'd start regaling Disney with brief stories about the parents and kids who played and more about what made CoH popular with older adults.  One grandfather in one of the super groups easily spent more hours designing and costuming characters than he did in play.  (Really superb outfits many of them, and it clued me into the aspect of CoH that reminded me of those into model railroads, etc.)  Often late nights I'd log in to play solo and find he and his daughter chatting in Coalition.  (I'd say hi, of course.)  One friend came out to us one day as an Emergency Medical Technician by saying "I have to log now.  Cya tomorrow.  I've gotta go save people IRL."  The next day she clarified that statement for us.   ;)

Since demographic data has been requested on our ages, I've wondered whether other demographic data would be useful.  CoH players were diverse!  I had SGmates who were truck drivers, military personnel, lots of IT pro's, students (all ages), a medical doctor (hello to Diego in Colombia), one ABD grad student (hi PW), at least one police officer, 2 EMTs, countless un- and underemployed people including those too young to work.  Several of the kids grew up playing CoH; one planned to get his dormmates playing once he'd settled in at his first semester at college.

As far as I know, I am nearly the only one posting here from two very active SGs, and estimate I represent approximately 20-40 who'd resubscribe to City of Heroes, possibly more.  We're all keeping in touch thus far.   Even though you don't see them on Titan, many of them are mourning the loss of City of Heroes.  Many of them were very active with the initial efforts to Save CoH.  They all have the Disney/Team Wildcard info.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2012, 10:38:27 AM »
I was just wondering if Disney has even breathed on this yet. It is just all this waiting it wearing us down. We would like some decent news. Thanks off the soap box now!

No one would like to have news more than me.  But Disney moves as slowly as the glaciers.  First we have to get their attention.  Then they have to have their people eyeball the situation.  Then they'll have their financial people look at it and talk to the folks we left as contacts (Senior Paragon Studios people).  I don't expect any movement on this before the start of the New Year.

I am sobbing my eyes out on a regular basis, so believe me, you cannot possibly be more anxious about this than I am.

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2012, 05:27:23 PM »
No one would like to have news more than me.  But Disney moves as slowly as the glaciers.  First we have to get their attention.  Then they have to have their people eyeball the situation.  Then they'll have their financial people look at it and talk to the folks we left as contacts (Senior Paragon Studios people).  I don't expect any movement on this before the start of the New Year.

I am sobbing my eyes out on a regular basis, so believe me, you cannot possibly be more anxious about this than I am.

Don't cry panda bear! We will get it back!