Author Topic: I want to Cheer Up  (Read 434143 times)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: I want to Cheer Up
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2013, 05:33:04 AM »

LMAO!!!!!!    *whimpers helplessly with laughter for a while*
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2013, 05:39:26 AM »

Dat Ass...wait :o
I want to say something about Tomatoes, as well as "Tick and Swisted", and yet that picture just speaks for itself.  Right on, Nos482!!!!!!   ;D
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2013, 12:40:50 AM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2013, 02:27:03 AM »
2045 is gonna be surreal!  I'm glad to see that today's celebrities like Lady Gaga will still have it going on!  In fact, Healix, that inspires the next song I'll listen to and post about!   :D

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2013, 09:37:34 AM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2013, 12:43:23 PM »
I love seeing it when people help one another!   I am not sure whether this inspires me musically to next listen to "With a Little Help From My Friends"  by the Beatles or Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" and ROFLMAO on that video clip, Healix!!!

ShadowRavenwolf

• Underling
  • RavenwolfManor.com
    • Ravenwolf Manor
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2013, 09:16:08 PM »
>_>

<_<

Boogedy Boogedy!!
 8)
Meh!

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2013, 03:23:15 AM »

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2013, 12:18:16 PM »
Actual tabletop character concept played by a gamer buddy:  The 1/2 Elf 1/2 Dwarf, naturally combining the advantages of each and allowed by our (very) permissible game referee and GM at the time, called The Dwelf!  Over time, however, the character got to be a bit grating and a subset of our gaming group decided that instead of a Dwelf, he was an Earf--combining the worst of both--dwarven rapaciousness with elven grace and speed.  I'll save for next time the story about how the same player's "Ben Grimm" character in Minneapolis Silly DungeonTM ran into Nyalthotep from the C'thulhu mythos and lost his super power (3 times per adventure) for turning into The Thing and instead turned into A Thing, rolling dice to see how many chthonic pseudopods he'd get to fight with per battle.    :-X

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2013, 10:15:28 PM »

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2013, 10:21:19 AM »
Nyalthotep from the C'thulhu mythos
Even though I really hate correcting people on the internet:
Nyarlathotep
Please exercise a little more caution when it comes to spelling everyone's favourite crawling chaos' name. He is known to be petty after all ;)
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2013, 01:26:36 PM »
Even though I really hate correcting people on the internet:
Nyarlathotep
Please exercise a little more caution when it comes to spelling everyone's favourite crawling chaos' name. He is known to be petty after all ;)

You never know, maybe Nyalthotep is Nyarlathotep's hick cousin from out in the boonies. He could be one of the Really, Really Outer Gods, whose favorite pastime is to get hammered and and turn adventurers into crazy tentacle creatures for kicks. Stranger things have --

Well no, stranger things than that probably haven't happened. ???

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »
Dear Nos and Triplash,  Dudes! I am sorry for my recent misspelling here on Titan of one of the elder gods' names.  Oops and my bad entirely!   I probably should not mention having read Robert Chambers' The King In Yellow after having gone on a  kick reading the Darkover series by Marion Zimmer Bradley back in high school (really, we'd been out of the Cave for ages in 1974) and I wanted to see where she had "borrowed" the names from; or my reading Lovecraft's C'thulhu Mythos during the same years, because the latter were often featured as lore in local D&D tabletop games.  No doubt, much like counting to 5, 6 or 7 when using the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, this is right out, nonetheless I shall risk your scorn as well as divine displeasure (tho we could also argue this leads to merriment, perhaps even of a celestial nature) by mentioning in passing that the local fan group I attend has upon many occasions sung such ditties as "Ya, Ya, C'thulhu" to the tune of "Hava Nagila" and almost never is anyone actually eaten by the Old Ones nor had the Hounds of Tindalos beset upon them.  (Oops! Did I just say the name, Set?!)   So, I owe you guys ( and the Old Ones) a sincere apology for having misspelled that name.  After all,  to TYPO is human but to Read Thru Typo (& correctly understand the meaning) is divine!  Have a beautiful, blessed day!  (Roll saving throw!)   :)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2013, 02:26:23 PM »

LOL that poor kid!  Was that mishap or was he punked? 

Here is yet another example of humor that appeals to me:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GH7pfVvCII  "The Visitors" by Monty Python!  Be prepared to laugh until you stop!  Hope you enjoy!  :)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2013, 02:58:10 PM »
the local fan group I attend has upon many occasions sung such ditties as "Ya, Ya, C'thulhu" to the tune of "Hava Nagila"

JR, good sir, would you please pass along my sincerest condolences and appreciation to these people for their delightfully unbalanced mental states.    ;D

And hey, don't apologize to me for typos. Some of the greatest laughs I've ever had were from typos, mis-sung lyrics, and other such unintentional errors. Heck, the Discworld and Xanth wouldn't exist if it weren't for puns and typos. And the world would be a sad, sad place without the Discworld and Xanth.

"Beautiful gardens of laughter often begin with a single oopsy daisy."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2013, 03:48:25 PM »
Hee hee, you got it, Triplash!  I owe it all to my best friend in high school who introduced me to tabletop RPG and who one time skipped down the school hall singing loudly, "I'm a demented orange peel!"  And, no, this wasn't part of a Dare; indeed this "unbalanced" individual now has a Ph.D. in Physics and even teaches.  Of course he and I had had our minds completely warped from having watched Monty Python's Flying Circus and other "edgy" entertainments thought safe for teens in the 1970s.   ;)

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2013, 02:26:52 PM »

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2013, 11:40:35 PM »

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2013, 05:19:36 AM »
Just found this pic...
8)
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2013, 05:11:17 AM »