Author Topic: Need help with some cheese for The Mouse!  (Read 4552 times)

Tiriahna KnightRose

• Underling
Need help with some cheese for The Mouse!
« on: December 04, 2012, 07:26:42 AM »
Remember that thread Victoria Victrix started for our testimonials? A lot of them had to do with the fact we could fly.

So my thought is this:

Either COX load music or Atlas Park entrance music, although I'm more inclined to go with the load music because it's the same for heros and villains. Start out with white text on black background- people's quotes from the testimonials about how they could fly. Have them build faster, possibly covering over each other, then stop suddenly and show the black screen with the forcible disconnection notice we've all come to know and hate. Switch to the disney logo where tinkerbell comes out and flys around the castle, possibly with the song You Can Fly playing. End on statment similar to: "All it takes is faith, trust and pixie dust. Help us fly again."

My problem is, I'm okay with making videos, but it's all through windows movie maker and I don't have the skill, knowledge, equipment, etc to make this work. Can someone help me out?

no hero

• Lieutenant
  • Regens "do it" solo! :)
Re: Need help with some cheese for The Mouse!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 12:39:49 PM »
Holy crap! That is a beautiful idea.

(Unfortunately, I am not versed with any type of video production.)
Samantha:  "I have to ask you a question. It's a good one so think about it. If a Player and a Game love each other, but they just can't seem to get it together, when do you get to that point of enough is enough?"

Jerry:  "Never."

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »
"All it takes is faith, trust and pixie dust. Help us fly again."

Great - now you've got the Peter Pan "You can fly!" song stuck in my head.  http://youtu.be/ul6tWUACULo

/em holdtorch

Tiriahna KnightRose

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 08:56:39 AM »
When I finish it, I'll post it. But it might be a bit. I work in retail and we get a bit ... busy... this time of year.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 05:30:50 PM »
My wife and I had a Peter & Wendy duo in-game.  :'(

And occasionally I'd go through the speech,

• Invite the noob players to a team
  • /e sprinkles pixie dust on them
  • "Now think of the happiest things, it's the same as having wings"
  • *turns on group fly*

Always wanted to do a Neverland flight reenactment in that game. With Peter, Wendy, Michael, John, and Tink all represented. That would've been perfect for this.

Tiriahna KnightRose

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 07:07:09 AM »
Always wanted to do a Neverland flight reenactment in that game. With Peter, Wendy, Michael, John, and Tink all represented. That would've been perfect for this.

I would have loved to have seen that.

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 12:03:22 AM »
I would have loved to have seen that.

Ditto. *sight*

Vak

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 04:06:26 AM »
Not the game music. THIS music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hKPWrX85U8

I find it crazy that this has only 16K views...I dare any long-term player to, after the last couple of months, watch and listen to this the first time through without tearing up, even a little bit. If we could get one of our resident graphical geniuses to superimpose player quotes on this (hopefully with the original composer's permission?) I think it would be one hell of a pitch.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 04:18:51 AM »
Didn't tear up not a single bit, but then again, my tear ducts are probably filled with dust by now.

That was an awesome video. Looks like something that could have been used as an advertisement for the game. I hope it gets used for something. It's too god of a video to sit around and not be used for something. Great job.