Author Topic: Demoedit code question  (Read 2746 times)

Glass Goblin

• Lieutenant
Demoedit code question
« on: December 05, 2012, 12:39:02 AM »
To my dismlay, when I play back my demo of Gorilla Girl's press conference after taking down RulaWade the podium has vanished. I checked the file and found this:

Code: [Select]
0   14  NEW Podium
0   14  NPC basedecor_off_Counter_18
0   14  POS 1639 -1341.78125 -2080
0   14  PYR 0 0 -0
0   14  MOV READY 0

I know that some objects (like glowies) don't appear in playback, but I'm guessing this isn't the same thing. I know that the tech had been used to check for certain character counts or souvenirs and adjust a mission accordingly, but would your actions have an effect on the podium?!

Also, and more important, if this is indeed the problem, is there a regular object I can put in the pseudo-podium's place?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Demoedit code question
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 12:52:47 AM »
I think it's because that object is destructible, so it disappearing below a certain HP is baked into the entity def.

Try adding

0 14 HP 100
0 14 HPMAX 100

Just before the MOV READY

Glass Goblin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 01:00:17 AM »
I think it's because that object is destructible, so it disappearing below a certain HP is baked into the entity def.

Try adding

0 14 HP 100
0 14 HPMAX 100

Just before the MOV READY

That fixed it. Thanks!

wei yau

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 11:49:51 PM »
Another question. I'd like to remove the Pillars of Ice and Flame from the Ouroboros map. Can this be done?

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 11:57:42 PM »
Yes. They are in there as NPC object class:
0   5   NEW "Aspect of the Pillar"
0   5   NPC Ouroboros_Crystal_Console_A
0   5   POS 617 677.5 -803.5
0   5   PYR 0 -1.558524 -0
0   5   MOV READY 0
You need to remove their creation entry and all later references to it.

Keep in mind that this will only affect the ones using NPC code. Any that are part of map gemoetry are there to stay.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Hotaru

• Lieutenant
  • Just a demo-loving fool in the Far East...
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 12:32:57 AM »
I tried replacing the crystal NPCs with puddles, then deleting the outright. No luck with either. But you could always try replacing the Ouro map with the modified version used for Manticore's wedding.

Replace maps/City_Zones/City_06_01/City_06_01.txt with maps/City_Zones/Event_06_01/Event_06_01.txt

Coordinates are the same as for regular Ouro, but there are no pillars out in open area, no Ouro portal, and the doors are closed (inside, it's business as usual).

Hope that helps.