Author Topic: Why this task force may already has failed before even starting UPDATE hope  (Read 13088 times)

Harermuir

• Minion
I dont want to kill any hope here. I dont want to say that you should do nothing because anything you will do is already doomed to failure. But still ...

The main issue with the discontinuation of the game of the ip is, from that I know, not the lack of buyer, but the will of NCsoft to not sell anything around one of their butchered MMORPG. Any MMORPG who has been drop recently has found another editor. Trying to find a buyer when their is nothing to sell is a fight that we have already lose. Further, we will be waiting for news about negotiation, which we will neither have but in the very unlikely case that an aggreement is found. And during this time, we will be keeping low.

Well, i just want someone to give me a little more hope and I appreciate all the time and effort put toward the goal of reviving the game.

Edit : http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,6753.0.html
Ok, i ve got hope :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:18:24 AM by Harermuir »

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: Why this task force may already has failed before even starting
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 08:49:47 AM »
It's not over till we say it's over or we get the City back.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 09:38:02 AM »
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 12:57:32 PM »
My sentiments exactly!

Quinch

NCsoft's resistance in selling, well, anything is why we went to Disney first, in fact - the consequences of refusal {and I don't mean in any kind of illegal sense} would be too obviously severe even for NCsoft's execs to ignore, especially PR and investor-wise.

And like it's already been mentioned, it looks like #savecoh managed to erode at least some of the muleheadedness, now that they're backtracking with "nothing's been decided".

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
We are front page on slashdot and MMORPG.com
We are middle page bleedingcool.com

The Korean Times article is literally being linked all over the world.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
We are front page on slashdot and MMORPG.com
We are middle page bleedingcool.com

The Korean Times article is literally being linked all over the world.

I want to thank you for how much you've done to help with this movement, to get it where it is today.

You've gotten lots of thumbs up, but I havent had the chance yet personally... thank you :)
Woo! - Argent Girl

Vasarto

• Boss
Well yes, Sometimes a news story like this one can tend to fly around a lot.
Depending on the person who tells the story it can either be featured in an isolated article or be spread around. Depending on how relevant the topic is to the readers and how compelling the words are by the one being interviewed. In our case we have an accomplished writer AND something relevant to the interests of 100% of those whom would read it. All web sites being that of Gaming web sites from what I see.

Gaming news is always relevant and a lot of people HATE NCSOFT and the games they make including cox. So even though they do not like cox. They still delight in reading such a thing because than it gives them something else to tweet or say about it to another guy like...that &&$&$ NCshit company is failing lol. That terrible company even pisems off their own customers who play their crappy games lulz!

So as you can see even people who are like that can even have something to talk about. Even Negative talk like that still spreads interest and lets people know what we are doing thus gaining more and more notice.

We are very lucky to have people like that and people like the Super High caffine charged typists who have been tweeting, Emailing, facebook and sending letters to Disney and making posts in other internet forums etc to run amok around the web like some of we have here lol. 

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 04:57:32 AM »

Hoorah!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey

Rae

• Elite Boss
Re: Why this task force may already has failed before even starting UPDATE hope
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 09:26:23 AM »
Between this, and the Korean article, I'm happier than I've been in freakin' months.  ;D
--
@Vandellia

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 05:02:28 PM »
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 06:03:33 PM »
BTW, Rae, do you or others in Team Wildcard think there would be any use in us writing NCSoft, asking them to sell the rights to CoH rather than leaving it unused and buried in their vaults?  I don't expect for them to pull out a chair for us at the negotiating table, but surely this much interest must count for something.

I remember from the mid-1970s when I did most of my superhero comicbook reading that Stan Lee and others at Marvel and their counterparts at DC took time to answer fan letters.  Apart from our recent ire over the recent Sunset, I've been suprised at how standoffish NCSoft has seemed regarding its customers and fans.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 08:15:26 PM »
BTW, Rae, do you or others in Team Wildcard think there would be any use in us writing NCSoft, asking them to sell the rights to CoH rather than leaving it unused and buried in their vaults?  I don't expect for them to pull out a chair for us at the negotiating table, but surely this much interest must count for something.

Erm. I'm not sure, honestly. Given the amount of flack they're getting on FB/Twitter etc., it might be worth leaving them be for the meantime. But honestly I couldn't tell you one way or the other if it might be worth doing.

Quinch, Ammon, VV? Any thoughts?
--
@Vandellia

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 09:18:20 PM »
I'm not sure if this has any bearing.  While I'm vastly encouraged by the Korean Times article, I note this earlier statement is still up:  http://us.ncsoft.com/en/news/response-to-city-of-heroes-player-and-fan-suggestions.html and remains the second item of official NCSoft News: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/news/

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 01:05:21 AM »
Well the "we have not settled anything" statement can be read either as another placating motion to get us to shut up, OR the equivalent of a slap in the face from a senior executive at the NCSoft Main HQ to whatever idiot issued the original statements.

Obviously, I am hoping the latter.  But we have no way of knowing which it might be.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 01:45:10 AM »
Either one is a slap to someone, IMHO.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 02:01:42 AM »
Well the "we have not settled anything" statement can be read either as another placating motion to get us to shut up, OR the equivalent of a slap in the face from a senior executive at the NCSoft Main HQ to whatever idiot issued the original statements.

Obviously, I am hoping the latter.  But we have no way of knowing which it might be.

I am hoping as you are that the more recent statement represents a realignment in focus resulting in the strategic decision to sell the IP and rights to CoH.

May I be a gushing fan again to say how much I liked what you had to say in the Korean Times article?

Quinch

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 06:19:58 AM »
Erm. I'm not sure, honestly. Given the amount of flack they're getting on FB/Twitter etc., it might be worth leaving them be for the meantime. But honestly I couldn't tell you one way or the other if it might be worth doing.

Quinch, Ammon, VV? Any thoughts?

I think it depends on the message of the letter - while politeness is an absolute must, I believe it wouldn't hurt to remind them, as the same players who've been giving them so much grief, a genuine effort to undo the harm caused to us might even be reciprocated, or at the very least cause the harm itself from being returned at them.