Author Topic: Finished Call to Action: CoH is 1st, 3rd in MMOSite Readers' Choice Awards!  (Read 58989 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite! Vote DAILY Until Jan. 6th!
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2012, 03:48:57 PM »
A note: If you open more than one tab with the voting pages, make sure you refresh the browser tabs you haven't voted in yet! There seems to be an issue with multiple tabs and counting votes that requires a refresh. If you get a "Vote Failed" message, refresh a few times and keep trying - make sure you get the "No repeat votes until tomorrow" message!
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2012, 04:24:02 PM »
I really get the impression that it's a select group of Asian MMO companies that even care about this site and it's reader's choice awards. If CoH were still running, I doubt any of us would care either. It's good publicity, to be sure, but I'm not really sure who the target readership / community is.
Good points and I'll be first to admit I'd probably be one of those ignoring the results. But I am really glad to see Knight Online off the list for Best Community and it would not surprise me to see the same happen to MicroVolts.

Keep up the voting! ;) We'll be the ones to make sure people hear about the results and squeeze every drop of PR out of it for #SaveCOH.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »
I really get the impression that it's a select group of Asian MMO companies that even care about this site and it's reader's choice awards.

Is NCsoft in that select group?  Or any of its major competitors? 
If we can show other Asian MMO companies that NCsoft cancelled a popular game, won't NCsoft lose face (even more than they already have)?

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2012, 05:19:47 PM »
Is NCsoft in that select group?  Or any of its major competitors? 
If we can show other Asian MMO companies that NCsoft cancelled a popular game, won't NCsoft lose face (even more than they already have)?

Given that NCSoft's games aren't doing very well, other than CoH, I would imagine they don't care. Perfect World, a Chinese company, on the other hand, seems to have an interest. STO's community manager posted about it, and Perfect World International is doing well in its categories.

I don't really know anything about the site, so anything I say about it should be taken as a person making observations based on a very limited experience with it.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2012, 07:22:36 PM »
Back to your point from a couple of posts ago, Feld, I keep having a problem on one device or another where I get the multiple votes message, but I always am able to cast at least one vote. Each of the last three days, though, I've had that problem. (Yesterday was different, because I could cast a couple of extra from school, thanks to how they manage their domain and public wireless.)

The hazard here would be that we end up disqualifying ourselves with this thread and its discussion of how to "game" the vote. While it's clearly not as egregious as the Knights Online and MicroVolts votes, we could still be seen as cheating.

That said, we have a respectable lead on the games behind us, in both categories. Good work, everyone!
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

aryeonos

• Underling
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2012, 08:35:36 PM »
And done, we're in the top 3.

On a side note I voted for best FPS as well.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2012, 09:24:52 PM »
The hazard here would be that we end up disqualifying ourselves with this thread and its discussion of how to "game" the vote. While it's clearly not as egregious as the Knights Online and MicroVolts votes, we could still be seen as cheating.

Their FAQ says each IP (address) can vote three times. Nothing about people or accounts on the site being limited, just IP. I'm still trying to get my other two votes per day, though.

Edit: ...maybe. I think it's possible that you can vote on the individual pages AND the main page, and get more votes? If I weren't so busy just clicking "Vote," I might try to figure out what was going on.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2012, 10:40:55 PM »
Their FAQ says each IP (address) can vote three times. Nothing about people or accounts on the site being limited, just IP. I'm still trying to get my other two votes per day, though.

Same here. I got one vote per category and couldn't get anything done on another computer. So I don't know what they're talking about with voting 3 times.

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2012, 12:35:33 AM »
WOOOT!

We are SECOND in Best community! By a lot!

13k for the first one lol.

Maybe if we got everyone to vote for us the way we did to get to sign the petition we could win lol. All of those 21k people vote two or three days in a row and we could win easily!

Still number 1 in Most classic!

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2012, 01:27:42 AM »
Keep going on the MMO Classic! Get us over the +3k votes mark. Keep voting!

As far as the Community oges, keep voting, We dashed ahead of one game using bribes let's do our best to take out the other!

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2012, 04:21:20 AM »
If Knight got disqualified over bribes, how the heck is MicroVolts still up there?

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2012, 08:09:23 AM »
So it seems that the "3 votes per IP address" thing is three per category for three different games, not three any way you want it. Which was ambiguously worded.

If Knight got disqualified over bribes, how the heck is MicroVolts still up there?

We don't really know why Knight Online disappeared.

Edit: It didn't disappear, it moved to 9th with 725 votes. Time for speculation!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:22:59 AM by Felderburg »

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2012, 08:21:43 AM »
So it seems that the "3 votes per IP address" thing is three per category for three different games, not three any way you want it. Which was ambiguously worded.

We don't really know why Knight Online disappeared.

It's still there. Their votes got reset to zero, it seems.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2012, 08:24:06 AM »
It looks like their votes in Best PvP stayed high, though, as they have 8000 in that category. Weird.

Edit: It's probably worth keeping an eye on CoH's total vote count on the main page, as well as votes in categories, with screenshots, just in case.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2012, 04:43:55 PM »
Must have been some sort of error. Knight Online's votes have been restored (unless they got 40,000 votes last night).

Edit: I should also add that the FAQ's "Vote 3 times a day" is per CATEGORY, not per GAME. It was ambiguously worded.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2012, 04:56:18 PM »
So, we can vote three times a day in each category? That follows my 11 year old's definition of "favorite."
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2012, 05:31:04 PM »
I guess my wording was ambiguous there. We can vote for three different games in a category per day. Once per game per category per day.

BUT it looks like using the three different pages to vote (the main page and the two category pages) gets CoH multiple votes in each category. The moral of the story is: open each link, click vote, and refresh until you get the "No repeat votes" message instead of the "vote failed" message on each page.

Additionally, I've been editing the OP throughout, so let me know if it looks good.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 06:52:02 PM by Felderburg »

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2012, 06:47:59 PM »
Must have been some sort of error. Knight Online's votes have been restored (unless they got 40,000 votes last night).

*sigh* Silly me... thinking justice actually had a hand in it.  :roll:

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2012, 07:36:31 PM »
Just remember... we have staying power.
I've been voting every day, as have many of us all.
Slow and steady wins the race...

Maybe the others will fall off...

Maybe their bots will falter...

There is clearly no question who has the best community.
Name one other community that would be ranking so high after the game was shutdown.

--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2012, 08:13:43 PM »
SWG?  Oh, wait. No. My bad.  :roll: