Author Topic: Finished Call to Action: CoH is 1st, 3rd in MMOSite Readers' Choice Awards!  (Read 58992 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite! Vote DAILY Until Jan. 6th!
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2012, 08:38:52 PM »
I just realized... if they allow comments after the close of this thing, my my, the community section is going to be uuuuuuuuuuuuuuGLeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

And I don't just mean us vs. Knight/MicroVolts. If the other communities who are voting aren't aware of what's going on, I wonder if we should do the benevolent thing and inform them?  8)

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2012, 08:41:02 PM »
We're making a really good showing! :)
Woo! - Argent Girl

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #202 on: December 23, 2012, 07:38:50 PM »
I've found that it's not tracking by calendar day so much as a 24-hour period.  So, if I don't vote until 11:00 pm one day, I can't vote before 11:00 pm the next day.

if its doing that, would changing your computers date/time affect that?

in borderlands 2 there were some bosses which became locked after you killed them and this lock expired after 24 hours of real time, so if you changed your computers clock then you could kill them as much as you wanted per day

just a thought really, but its another way that people could potentially "game" this voting system if it works that way

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #203 on: December 24, 2012, 12:18:08 AM »
I'm not disputing anything, but I just had to use my alternate browser, and I'm pretty sure it was yesterday morning when I last voted.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Ceremonius

• Lieutenant
  • Here we are now! Entertain us! ~Nirvana
« Reply #204 on: December 24, 2012, 01:13:51 AM »
Well I vote twice a day. Sometimes 4 times a day due to my dynamic ip. But I'll have to reconnect first.
The other 2 by my mobile (also dynamic).

Btw. I wonder if those guys at mmosite ever take a look at the votes.
Giant MMOs like World of Warcraft a far behind us. Okay, we are an active community and those guys know it.
But as an admin or moderator....I would smell that theres something really fishy! Two complete unknown MMOs far in front of the old giants and biggest communities?! Cannot be true at all.

I think that maybe someone at mmosite just had to much time to create those polls. I wonder if there will be some sort of annoucement after the whole voting stuff. This in the end would mean that someone HAS to read the results!

And a brainiac monkey would see that the community vote is sort of a fake vote. Hopefully this will happen. Would be nice to see something like that:

"And as of true community votes, City of Heroes had won. Sorry for both other communities. But we want to keep this poll fair, so we can't support people wich are not playing by the rules. (As for the companies: Buying people or votes is a NO-NO!)
No Guts, No Glory! No Pain, No Gain!
One for all, all for one; Riders on the range!
No Guts, No Glory! We're taking a stand!
Ready to prove it again!
~Galaxy Rangers

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #205 on: December 24, 2012, 10:24:18 PM »
Two complete unknown MMOs far in front of the old giants and biggest communities?! Cannot be true at all.

Bear in mind as well that this mmosite is an international forum, so the games some of us have never heard of might be from other countries. I also don't think that most 'giants' care about a random site's rigged poll. But it's going to be pretty nice to have CoH in the top three of its categories.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Ceremonius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #206 on: December 27, 2012, 01:05:03 AM »
Bear in mind as well that this mmosite is an international forum, so the games some of us have never heard of might be from other countries. I also don't think that most 'giants' care about a random site's rigged poll. But it's going to be pretty nice to have CoH in the top three of its categories.

It was already mentioned on their forums that's somethings fishy. But still no real reaction of any staff as you can read here
Ready to prove it again!
~Galaxy Rangers

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #207 on: December 28, 2012, 09:53:44 PM »
Wee, voted again, from Peru! Also, someone in this hostel has searched this computer's Chrome for CoH Titan and CoH Faces already, which is neat. Or CoH Titan / Faces is recognized by Google, which is also neat.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #208 on: December 28, 2012, 10:46:35 PM »
It was already mentioned on their forums that's somethings fishy. But still no real reaction of any staff as you can read here

That post didn't really draw any attention to what is going on. Where are the links to the pages that are offering the bribes?

The only response to the thread was about it being a "popularity contest." Bribes do not = popularity.

Ceremonius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #209 on: December 28, 2012, 11:07:45 PM »
That post didn't really draw any attention to what is going on. Where are the links to the pages that are offering the bribes?

The only response to the thread was about it being a "popularity contest." Bribes do not = popularity.

Well I don't have any account there. Also I don't want to make any sort of "cry" there. The reason is simple: I belong to a community wich is pretty "loud" and noticed. Doing any actions such as "crying" might give us bad public relations.
Due the nature of the comments I saw there, I believe it is simply an unnecessary action to be "loud" in that case ;).

But this is just be my opinion :P
Ready to prove it again!
~Galaxy Rangers

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2012, 03:26:02 AM »
WARNING!!! Best community is going to be challenged; Brawl Busters has come from somewhere into fourth because they're offering daily bribes! Make sure you're voting as often as possible!

I have an account there, for this contest; I can stir something up if needed?

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #211 on: December 29, 2012, 04:15:12 AM »
Sigh.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #212 on: December 29, 2012, 05:33:06 AM »
WARNING!!! Best community is going to be challenged; Brawl Busters has come from somewhere into fourth because they're offering daily bribes

What a joke...

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #213 on: December 29, 2012, 06:54:25 AM »
I've been voting every day.
I have to say, I've been half expecting some game to jump up in Most Classic one day too... But yeah, with the amount of time left, who knows what could happen.

The whole in-game bribe stuff really is a lousy move. Even when our game was active (gah, that hurt a bit), I don't recall our devs ever bribing us in such a way. Only for their own contests/events perhaps.

As Dean Martin's character so eloquently put it in a great movie... "That's not a sporting way to win. That's a shitty way to win".
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #214 on: December 29, 2012, 07:38:32 AM »
Back to voting. No web or mobile connection during Christmas in the hinterlands. Whew!

Ceremonius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2012, 02:36:31 PM »
WARNING!!! Best community is going to be challenged; Brawl Busters has come from somewhere into fourth because they're offering daily bribes!

Actually no surprise. But I still wonder why there not more? There are alot of...pointless games outside and even in the vote and just 3 need to bribe their players? I had thought it would be more  :roll:
Ready to prove it again!
~Galaxy Rangers

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2012, 05:07:14 PM »

If it drives pages views (therefore revenue) for an unscientific poll, then why should they care?
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #217 on: December 29, 2012, 06:03:26 PM »
If it drives pages views (therefore revenue) for an unscientific poll, then why should they care?

Because something more reputable would stand a better chance of the general gaming populous actually giving a ****? With the system as it is now, they stand a better chance at establishing themselves as a laughing stock.

And... scientific poll? Is that even possible in the "Do a barrel roll" era?

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #218 on: December 30, 2012, 09:22:52 AM »
Because something more reputable would stand a better chance of the general gaming populous actually giving a ****? With the system as it is now, they stand a better chance at establishing themselves as a laughing stock.

And... scientific poll? Is that even possible in the "Do a barrel roll" era?
Who take polls at game web sites seriously?  Or new websites?  Or radio websites?  Or online petitions?

Well scientific pools usually imply that the participants are randomly selected though they still need to say yes, and can only vote once.  Unscientific is open to all and therefore a group could coordinate voting and usually means that their isn't a reasonable means to prevent a single individual from replying multiple times.

The old Daedalus Project MMO polls were fairly scientific.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2013, 12:29:55 AM »
Hmm.  When I tried to vote today, I got 502: Bad Gateway.  WTF?
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido