Author Topic: Finished Call to Action: CoH is 1st, 3rd in MMOSite Readers' Choice Awards!  (Read 58513 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Voted!

CoH came in 1st for "Most Classic" and 3rd in "Best Community"! Great job!

The original Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite! Vote DAILY Until Jan. 6th!

Vote!

Make sure you've voted in each category! The votes for "Most Classic" are lagging behind "Best Community"! Click the individual category pages in the rankings section below to make sure you've voted for both!

A note: If you open more than one tab with the voting pages, make sure you refresh the browser tabs you haven't voted in yet! There seems to be an issue with multiple tabs and counting votes that requires a refresh. If you get a "Vote Failed" message, refresh a few times and keep trying - make sure you get the "No repeat votes until tomorrow" message!

Make sure you open all three pages (the main CoH link and the two category pages) and vote in each - it appears that works to get multiple votes on one computer! Use the category pages FIRST, then the main page. And even if it doesn't, it does help to make sure your vote was counted in each category.

MMOSite is having their Readers' Choice Awards, and City of Heroes is up for two categories! You do not have to register for the site, and right now CoH is 25th 4th not 1st in each category, so get out the votes!

http://event.mmosite.com/gameprize/?action=gamelist&id=30
http://event.mmosite.com/gameprize/?action=gamelist&id=32
http://event.mmosite.com/gameprize/?action=gameinfo&gid=93

Why Vote?

Why not? Seriously though, vote because it shows that City of Heroes and its community is a force to be reckoned with. The fact that a game that has been cancelled can have a run at top three in a reader's choice awards, even against games that are offering rewards for finishing, says something. It says that we believe City of Heroes is the best MMO out there, and it says that the CoH community is still going strong, even without the game to hold us together. It says that we're not voting just for in-game bribes - we truly believe in Paragon City's greatness.

Ranking

As of 12/12/12, 10:22 AM PST (Paragon Studios Time)

Overall votes: 11,701
Best Community: 3rd Place http://event.mmosite.com/gameprize/?action=gamelist&id=30 (3582 votes out of 2nd place , 6081 to 9663)
Most Classic: 1st Place http://event.mmosite.com/gameprize/?action=gamelist&id=32 (1472 ahead of 2nd place, 5620 to 4148)

I'll do my best to keep this updated, but I will be out of the country for the last 10 days of December. So if a mod wants to update the rankings, that's fine.

Voting more than once?

The FAQ (http://event.mmosite.com/gameprize/?action=faq) says that each IP can vote three times a day. It appears that this is ambiguously worded, and means that each IP gets three votes in a category per day, to split amongst three different games.

There are rumors in this thread that using different browsers works to vote more than once. I just had Google Chrome reject my vote (I guess I voted already today?) but Mozilla Firefox counted it. So be sure to try different browsers just in case.

If you have the opportunity to vote at home and work (or an internet cafe, airport with free wifi, or anywhere that has a different IP address than your primary computer) you can do that too! If you can access more than one IP address daily, vote from both places!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 03:53:29 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

wrkidd

• Underling
Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 05:32:20 PM »
Done, and it seems you can vote daily.

Yes, you have to register, but it is worth it to get CoH to the top10 at least.

Sophronisba

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »
Just voted -- COH is now up to 19th in Best Classic MMO and 16th in Best Community.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 05:36:09 PM »
We have 20000 members and counting. We need to get this on every board on this forum and beat WoW!
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Arctic Force.

• Lieutenant
  • I am A Blaster.....Floors Fear Me!!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 06:21:34 PM »
Done
One the biggest entertainment franchises was saved by a letter writing campaign. Now it has 4 spin-off tv shows an animated series, eleven movies plus 1 in the works, multiple games And pretty much started "Fan-Cons". Thanks Mr. Roddenberry  Earn free bitcoin

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 06:24:30 PM »
I didn't have to log in, but it gave an option to enter a contest, or something. I clicked no.

And, we're ahead of WoW on the "Best Community" page.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 06:25:12 PM »
Done, and it seems you can vote daily.

Yes, you have to register, but it is worth it to get CoH to the top10 at least.
I didn't have to register.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 06:26:07 PM »
I didn't have to log in, but it gave an option to enter a contest, or something. I clicked no.
Yep, to win MMOGold apparently... sounds shady =P
All the more reason not to give them anything more than my IP address.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »
Hang on, now. I'll go vote, but before I give out my e-mail, what is MMOSite?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 06:49:12 PM »
Yep, to win MMOGold apparently... sounds shady =P
All the more reason not to give them anything more than my IP address.

I dunno. Maybe it's like MMOInf.

(Sorry. Couldn't resist. :))

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 06:59:08 PM »
Done, and will come back every day to do it again. Thanks for the heads up. I won't stand for CoH being anywhere outside the top five.

And to clarify, as has been said priorly, no you don't need to log in. Just hit the no thanks button when it asks if you want to log in.

Ezuka

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »
I voted, but I've never even heard of two of the top three games in the community category. I guess other communities are doing the same thing.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 07:07:10 PM »
Things like this are often ripe for corruption and manipulation. Honestly, I somewhat wish we did have to log in, it'd be far less likely to be abused. But hey. What's a few clicks every day?

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 11:21:35 PM »
Voted (and didn't have to log in).
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 11:26:12 PM »
voted

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 11:30:00 PM »
Even if this site means nothing by itself, every show of force we can muster to make CoH that much more visible is worth it, imho.

From what I've seen, they expected us all to be sad but just give up on caring after the game shut down.

All our chances of revival count on proving them wrong.
Woo! - Argent Girl

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 12:18:48 AM »
Worth noting: clicking the "Vote" button on the page linked in the OP seems to work for both categories, and does not require logging in. Going to individual category pages seems to require logging in, and would also appear to not be as efficient as the one click vote.

Other communities are using links on their own game websites for the one click vote - I heard about this awards things from STO, where it was linked three or four times in a single news post (which would probably explain why it's in the top three for all its categories).

Voting is open until January 6th, so this should probably be stickied.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

darkquill

• Minion
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 12:32:24 AM »
Voted. We're now 8th in Classic and 7th in Community. Keep it up!

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 02:24:02 AM »
As you wish!

faith.grins

• Boss
  • Split your lungs with blood and thunder.
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 05:34:37 AM »
I voted, but I've never even heard of two of the top three games in the community category. I guess other communities are doing the same thing.
Yeah, I have no effing clue what Crossfire is.
Aram:  "Man, just look at all this.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that we get to live surrounded by such wonder."
Gamal:  "We don't live over there." Aram:  "We don't?"
Gamal:  "No.  We live over there." Aram:  "... But it's all on fire."
Gamal:  "Yes it is, Aram.  Yes it is."