Author Topic: Finished Call to Action: CoH is 1st, 3rd in MMOSite Readers' Choice Awards!  (Read 58537 times)

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite! Vote Daily Until Jan. 6th!
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 06:57:59 AM »
Voted, I think we are first in community now, 5 th in Classic.
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

no hero

• Lieutenant
  • Regens "do it" solo! :)
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 09:59:42 AM »
:roll: Done and Done... and to be Done again, and again and ect. :roll:
Samantha:  "I have to ask you a question. It's a good one so think about it. If a Player and a Game love each other, but they just can't seem to get it together, when do you get to that point of enough is enough?"

Jerry:  "Never."

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »
In case anyone didn't know, you can get multiple votes in if you use different browsers.
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Aethon

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 11:16:39 AM »
In case anyone didn't know, you can get multiple votes in if you use different browsers.

Yeah but that's sneaky and underhand and...

::goes off to vote::

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 01:16:37 PM »
Oh, looks like I have Safari now.
Have you four votes, City of Heroes ;D

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 01:33:16 PM »
Wow, and I thought I was redside.   :P

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 02:56:49 PM »
Given the tricks, I'm even more disheartened that we're only at just shy of 1600 votes between the two categories. Not "shame on us," but there are more than 22000 people registered on this site. Even if only 10% are looking at the Save Paragon side, we could easily have done better than that in 24 hours.

And, no, I'm not going to "game" the system. I have no problem with the redside folks doing it, but it's not for me.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 03:17:02 PM »
And, no, I'm not going to "game" the system. I have no problem with the redside folks doing it, but it's not for me.

Think of it as a vote on behalf of the people who aren't voting. *shrug*

As long as we can bump Perfect World, I'm happy. That game's community is HORRIBLE! PWE must be offering some incentive for category wins. If I had a dollar for every venomancer or pet that got ganked and cussed out by a greedy farmer... I could buy every game NCsoft has ever killed and give it a sequel.
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 04:41:08 PM »
Okay, when I try to vote multiply, it gives me a unique IP address warning.

Still, I can vote once per day, per category, per unique IP address.

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 04:59:48 PM »
Not sure how you managed that.  Safari, Chrome, Explorer and Firefox and I could only vote on one of them.  All others gave me the 'only once a day' message.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 05:17:15 PM »
Seems I can't even vote for more than one CATEGORY per day.

Community says, "Can only vote once per day."

Classic says, "Vote failed."

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 05:44:51 PM »
Seems I can't even vote for more than one CATEGORY per day.

Community says, "Can only vote once per day."

Classic says, "Vote failed."

Try a different browser.

If I try to vote with Firefox, I get the "vote failed".  But IE works fine.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 05:55:51 PM »
I was able to vote once in each category with no problem. I'm going to give it a try from school with IE (different browser and IP address, but I can't do that every day) after class and will report back.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 06:02:25 PM »
I would strongly suggest just using the CoH page to vote. Based on my own experience, it seems more reliable than going to the individual categories. But if you want to do it the other way, go for it.

The FAQ for the contest says each IP gets to vote 3 times a day, but I'm pretty confident that's just not true. Perhaps they mean each log in? I may try signing up, just to see what happens.

The other games have a big advantage, because their devs can post the link on their website, and clicking on it gets their players to vote for their game in ever category. STO's community manager is pushing it hard, and you can see how the link works for STO here (DO NOT CLICK THE VOTE LINK THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF WHY WE NEED TO DO MORE WORK THAN OTHER GAMES): http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=777401 I imagine other games are similar, and might even have the link on their home page.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 06:44:48 PM »
I was able to vote individually from a different browser and IP address. Also, a smart phone would fit this, as well.

And, while I want CoH to win both, the experiences I had playing STO were all positive, especially in the chat. I never had a rude response to a request for help. If we're not gonna get first, I'm OK if it's them.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 07:24:15 PM »
Done!

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 07:25:43 PM »
If I have time when I get off work tonight, I might try to put a similar thing on my personal web space for CoH...but all that will do is give a central location. So that might not help with the attention-getting.

Rienuaa

• Minion
  • Lord Omi - Virtue
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 08:26:11 PM »
Number 5 in Best Community. We got this.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 08:32:15 PM »
I think that tonight I will sign up, and see if I can get them to give us a link to share, so all we have to do is publicize that link, rather than directing people to this thread, and then to the website, or even to that site at all. It'll also allow me to see if there's a benefit to voting while signed up.

Edit: I signed up with the site, and posted in the forum asking about getting a CoH one click link.

I also tried to vote again, but it seems that even after signing up, it's one vote per IP address, no matter what the FAQ says.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:48:39 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 08:58:42 PM »
War Witch also retweeted RWH tweeting it to her and a few of the other devs. If we pick that up with one of our hashtags, that could help.