Author Topic: Sentinal+ to wiki output  (Read 7341 times)

Cannonfodder

• Lieutenant
Sentinal+ to wiki output
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:40:26 PM »
Wouldn't happen to be a utility out there that takes a Sentinel+ file and auto converts it to a wiki article?  ;)

If not, I hope to inspire one...

I'd like to add many of my characters to the Ouroboros Portal now that I have time after game shutdown.  I was wondering if there a way other than manually to do this.
--Jason
@Cannonfodder
Victory:  Cannonfodder 50 Inv/SS
Virtue:  Pravda 50 Bots/FF
The Hall of Justice/The Hall of Doom /chanjoin "Victory Badges" /chanjoin "Virtue Badges"

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Sentinal+ to wiki output
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 12:35:14 AM »
Wouldn't happen to be a utility out there that takes a Sentinel+ file and auto converts it to a wiki article?  ;)
There isn't a utility to do that.  At least, not at the moment.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 09:23:42 AM »
That would be QUITE the utility indeed... unless of course all you want is a pure text document.  Because when I picture a Wiki page (specifically an Ouroboros Portal character page) I'd like it to have at least one picture of the hero in question as well, which means that this utility would have to be able to interpret the .costume file and ALSO take a screen capture AND make it into a JPEG or PNG AND upload it to the Wiki in question.

So, at the very least, we are talking some sort of program that reads the Sentinel+ data, opens Icon, loads a costume, takes a screenshot, crops the screenshot, saves it in an image format, can then auto-upload to the wiki, and then takes all of the generic text data from that same Sentinel+ file and spits it up in wiki markup language to make a page...

Yeah.

So, potentially doable, I think, but man would it take some doing on the programming end...

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 03:21:47 PM »
Well that got really ambitious really quickly. I sort of assumed what was being asked for would be a text only thing, and then a user would add a photo.

Would it be possible to use transparent screens of individual costume pieces, and then have a utility overlay them all and turn them into a single photo? Rather than having it try to access the game, it says something like "ok, glove style 2 + chest style 43 + legs 7 = these three pictures, combine them and we're done."

Either way, people have been uploading their own images, so I don't see a problem with continuing that. I seem to recall a utility to turn Sentinel files into costume files somewhere, so that theoretically makes recreating the costume easier.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame