Author Topic: Still out there  (Read 17083 times)

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
Re: Still out there
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2012, 08:56:17 PM »
Well thanks to first having my debit card cloned....
Then having my credit card cloned....
Then losing my wallet....

Whatever information NCSoft had on my finances is now obfuscated.

I did find my wallet (or rather, it was returned to me safe and intact), but only after driving all the pancake over, canceling cards, and checking on bank records and getting a new driver's license.

Friday, from 1 AM until the power outage sent us to bed at 10 PM, was a very, very bad day.
I think there also was pancake obfuscation. Crepe !
Yeeessss....

ObsidianPhoenix76

• Lieutenant
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2012, 02:46:33 AM »
Well...  My NC soft master account is there, as is my ancient and logged into once Lineage 2 (tried it, meh), and Aion (played it for a bit because of the free version I got from Tabula Rasa), but CoH is gone....

*sniff*

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2012, 03:53:27 AM »
My NCSoft account that I subscribed with is still there, but all my Trial-only accounts (even one I logged into just a day or two before shutdown, to grab the characters off of it) all appear to be gone.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2012, 05:37:08 AM »
depending on what happened to the accounts it could be good or bad

if they are truly deleted then we would all have to start over

if they were just seperated from the master account in case of a sale, that would be very good

we just dont know which it is

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2012, 05:41:01 AM »
The saddest words ever are "...it might have been."

The most frustrating words ever are  "...we don't know."
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2012, 05:56:17 AM »
The most frustrating words ever are  "...we don't know."
Yet they may be the most honest.  Sadly few in the public eye are willing to use them.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
Yet they may be the most honest.  Sadly few in the public eye are willing to use them.
Unless, of course, they do know and don't want to be held responsible for what they did with that knowledge.

Crindon

• Underling
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2012, 02:34:33 PM »
I sure hope so. A CoH resurrected where everyone has to start over is dead in the water.

I wouldn't say it would be dead in the water. There are plenty of people out there that are willing to start from scratch, I am one of them.

Any form of CoH will be great.

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2012, 02:39:40 PM »
I sure hope so. A CoH resurrected where everyone has to start over is dead in the water.

Good!  More stuff for ME!   ;D

Seriously, I created over 400 alts in the game on two different accounts... One of the really fun things about CoH was trying new ATs /  power combos to see what worked, and how it worked (or didn't).  Starting over was a nearly everyday occurance for me.  I'd be looking forward to it!

Where's the nearest Altaholics Anonymous office?

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2012, 04:31:26 PM »
I wouldn't say it would be dead in the water. There are plenty of people out there that are willing to start from scratch, I am one of them.

I'm one of them too. I'd prefer to keep my old characters if possible, but I can re-level them if need be. I'm sure I could find a thing or two I might do differently if I had to reroll. And as for stuff, well, stuff's easy to get back. You go arrest some bad guys, and vanquish some evil, and they throw money at you. It's awesome! :D

Where's the nearest Altaholics Anonymous office?

I've been holding meetings in our basement lately, but between me and all my alts it's pretty much full. ;)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2012, 05:45:38 PM »
I've been holding meetings in our basement lately, but between me and all my alts it's pretty much full. ;)

Do you get a new slot once a year?
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Crindon

• Underling
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2012, 06:09:38 PM »
I'm one of them too. I'd prefer to keep my old characters if possible, but I can re-level them if need be. I'm sure I could find a thing or two I might do differently if I had to reroll. And as for stuff, well, stuff's easy to get back. You go arrest some bad guys, and vanquish some evil, and they throw money at you. It's awesome! :D

Oh yea it'd be nice if our toons were still there when/if CoH was brought back. I'd play regardless though.

Quinch

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2012, 06:38:17 PM »
You go arrest some bad guys, and vanquish some evil, and they throw money at you.

Whenever they say they want their kid to grow up to be just like me, I end up thinking, "did they just pay me a licensing fee for their kid?"

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2012, 06:48:08 PM »
Do you get a new slot once a year?

Do fold-up camping chairs count?

Whenever they say they want their kid to grow up to be just like me, I end up thinking, "did they just pay me a licensing fee for their kid?"

Hmmm... well I say throw in the rights to let them dress up as you for Halloween, and call it a deal. Win-win! ;)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2012, 07:43:37 PM »

Yeah I'd start from scratch even if it ended up being a choice.

Inside the skull------ "The game have new life, from a new effort that was unheard of prior, with new features, I shall bring no old baggage and start from the bottom up as if it was the start of my first  years ever playing all over again instead of already played for years and adding on."

"New job, new truck, new wife"-Twister

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2012, 08:19:57 PM »
Um, we're altoholics. It's what we do! ;)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2012, 08:23:20 PM »
Um, we're altoholics. It's what we do! ;)

Hi, I'm Jaguar. My friends call me Jag for short and uhmm I've been alting for 7 years and uhm it ruined my relationship with my main and caused lot of friction in our relationship and uhmmm I'm an altoholic.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2012, 08:52:23 PM »

I am too. But I'm not like most people. I know several of my own friends have said they wouldn't return if they had to start over.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2012, 01:26:28 AM »
I am too. But I'm not like most people. I know several of my own friends have said they wouldn't return if they had to start over.

Not to be cynical, I can name hundreds, if not thousands, of people who have said they wouldn't buy my books anymore because I killed off their favorite character or did something else they didn't like.

Guess what?  They still buy my books.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

LadyImmolatasia

• Minion
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2012, 01:32:20 AM »

Hell, re-leveling may be a pain the rear, I admit. 50 levels to gain over again? I'd hate it, but you know what, I'd grind it if I got the game back with a smile on my face.