Author Topic: Still out there  (Read 17074 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: Still out there
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2012, 01:36:28 AM »
Hell, re-leveling may be a pain the rear, I admit. 50 levels to gain over again? I'd hate it, but you know what, I'd grind it if I got the game back with a smile on my face.

Shoot, these days leveling back up is NOTHING like as bad as it was 4 years ago.  Besides!  New content!
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2012, 01:37:25 AM »
Not only that, doing new content with friends!
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

JetFlash

• Boss
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2012, 02:14:56 AM »
Shoot, these days leveling back up is NOTHING like as bad as it was 4 years ago.  Besides!  New content!

No kidding... I started a new Beam Rifle / Time corrupter with about six weeks left and made 50 with a week to spare (could have made the Incarnate levels but was helping level my son's main to 50).  My first 50s took WAY longer back in the day.

If the only way to get COH back would be starting over completely, then I'd totally be there.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2012, 02:24:21 AM »
I know several of my own friends have said they wouldn't return if they had to start over.

They made that statement after one of their favorite things had just been taken away from the world. Ask again after it gets given back to the world. It's much easier to be enthusiastic when the situation is actually positive.

I have a feeling, when we get this game brought back online, we'll see most of the previous players coming back... plus a whole bunch of new ones who want to see what the fuss is about.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2012, 02:57:56 AM »
Pft, even if every single one of my toons was wiped, and I had to make em from scratch, I'd be there. I would be irritated, sure, but you better believe I'd be there.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2012, 03:35:02 AM »
For me, being forced to start over is just a chance to reroll everyone with different powersets. Which any of my friends will tell you I did often enough anyway.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2012, 03:43:02 AM »
It's a good point. A lot of times, people will say they'd do one thing, but then when it's gametime, they do it exactly the way they said they wouldn't. I bet a few of them at least would return, providing they're not all wrapped up in their new games. And honestly, it might even make some long dormant players come back. The opportunity for everyone to be on an even playing field is an enticing one, for some players.

Also hi, General. Zaxa says hi too. :p

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2012, 03:46:38 AM »
Hell, re-leveling may be a pain the rear, I admit. 50 levels to gain over again? I'd hate it, but you know what, I'd grind it if I got the game back with a smile on my face.
Agreed.  I would probably even modify my signature Tanker by taking Street Justice instead of Super Strength since it made more sense conceptually.  Not sure whether or not I'd keep Invulnerability, but I probably would.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2012, 03:55:57 AM »
Start over or not have city at all?

Why is this even a question?
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2012, 03:59:38 AM »
Hmm.. let's see. I'm actually gonna think this out.

Raine Heartfall - Dark/Dark Controller. This I would keep, absolutely. I've rerolled her enough and finally found the right combinations for her concept. I put something like fifteen billion inf into her build. I had no idea it'd all mean nothing a short few months later.
Hellgirl - Fire/MM Blaster. I think I'd have to keep this too, because they're both part of her concept. Maybe I'd make a mind/fire dominator instead, though.
Lightsparrow - Titan Weapons/WP Scrapper. Another character I rerolled several times. I think I'd keep this too, it was a blast to level.
Aeka - DB/Invuln Scrapper. This one I think I'd actually redo. Something with Bio Armor as secondary. Maybe DB/Bio or Martial Arts/Bio. Or maybe Savage Melee when it released!
Zaxa - SJ/Nin Stalker. I'd keep this one. It's just too damn fun, I'd look forward to the opportunity to level her again just like she was.
Kinzie Rose - Fire/Fire Brute. I'd reroll this. I don't know what to, though. The only reason I never rerolled her before is because she was my badging character since 2007 (Though the ooc character itself had been renamed and given a new concept. She began as Lilith Perfidus. Wonder where I got my name from.) And as a side note, at shutdown, I had 1297 badges.
Snowbelle - Ice/Earth Dominator. I would change this. Ice doesn't hold up anymore as a control set. Maybe Ice/Ice Corruptor. Could be fun!
Heavenly Sun - TA/A Defender. This one breaks my heart. I literally just finished incarnating her a week before the announcement. I think I'd return to her original build though. Archery/Energy Blaster. Super archer!
Auriana - Super Strength/Shield Brute. I think I'd keep this one too, it's so satisfying!

Honestly, my biggest worry for any CoH return, is wondering if I'd be able to get all the names I had back. Not that I had good ones, but they were mine. This reminds me too, though. About this time in 2009, I asked the original owner of Snowbelle if he could give me the name, if he wasn't using it. The day before Christmas, he sent me a message that he'd released it to me because he was overtaken with the holiday spirit. I was so overjoyed I emailed him a billion inf for his trouble.

Andy

• Underling
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2012, 04:23:44 AM »
Honestly, my biggest worry for any CoH return, is wondering if I'd be able to get all the names I had back.

Ditto. I'd be bummed about the loss of my 50s, recipes, influence, badges, etc., but I could re-roll and re-level. No big deal. However, I had a bunch of names on Virtue that I loooooooooved. I'd be really sad about losing those, BUT if I had to choose between no CoH or CoH with new names and new characters, I'd take the latter for sure!

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2012, 04:54:35 AM »
@Pixy's stranglehold over the name Silver Girl must be undone! I must reclaim my birthrite!

...yeah, no, it'd suck to lose all of that, but we'll all be better off if we assume getting back a clean slate.
Woo! - Argent Girl

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2012, 05:02:59 AM »
Ditto. I'd be bummed about the loss of my 50s, recipes, influence, badges, etc., but I could re-roll and re-level. No big deal.

Yeah. Badges I don't care about, it was always just for fun. Something I did casually. I've deleted more 50s than I had at the end, so I don't care about that either. Recipes/enhancements, I sold all of my stockpile, like four bins full, for 1 inf each in early September so people could get use out of them before the end. That was my idea of charity, heh. Though I still made something like six billion inf doing it. I had intended to give all my inf away on costume contests, so that people could benefit from that too. But I never got around to it.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2012, 11:54:06 AM »
I'd miss the unlocked costume bits (particularly the Magic pieces and the Alpha/Omega costume sets), but I'd happily restart my characters if I had to.  I have all their costumes saved, and I'd probably remake them with slightly different powersets (Elec/Elec for my Elec/Invuln Brute; Willpower/Stone for my Stone/Stone Tanker) for variety.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2012, 10:42:28 AM »
For me, being forced to start over is just a chance to reroll everyone with different powersets. Which any of my friends will tell you I did often enough anyway.

Yep, starting over in CoH wouldn't be as good as getting it all back, but given how many of us loved playing CoH, loved making new alts, starting over from zero wouldn't be as bad as no CoH.  I probably know at least 40 people who'd resub to CoH.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine