Author Topic: Spoiler Tags  (Read 5017 times)

Vasarto

• Boss
Spoiler Tags
« on: December 06, 2012, 05:15:02 AM »
after making a thread and thinking about it. Something we have as a forum feature on the 10 year old Anime-forums that we could make really good use of for both short and long term use.

Is the spoiler tags.

Spoiler for Hidden:

I noticed that it does not work here.

IT leaves the taggs in a spoiler tag where you click on it and the spoiler window pops down and its AFTER that you can view what is in the box.

This if implimented will be a new rule addition to the forum that all pictures added to a post must be put into one of these for the following reasons.

1. Save room from scrolling and on the main page

2. Save Bandwidth space from having to load the mass pictures on the thread you are in.

exceptions do apply of course such as the OP picture being the topic and few other rare instances

So what do you guys think?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Spoiler Tags
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 08:29:16 PM »
I don't think spoiler tags would be a bad addition.  They would be particularly useful now that we have the multimedia section and people are likely to be discussing things like movies or comic books that other posters might not have had the chance to view yet.

While I get where you're coming from regarding putting images inside a spoiler tag, my concern would be the enforceability of such a rule.  I really don't want to have to keep harping on people for not putting images inside spoilers.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 08:42:47 PM »
I think spoiler tags are a good idea, though I also am wary of making its use a requirement for images. I plan to take a look into implementing the tag. However, it's something I have to configure on the back end rather than the front end, so it may take me a bit to get to it.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:32:10 PM »
2. Save Bandwidth space from having to load the mass pictures on the thread you are in.
Some (Most? All?) spoiler tags actually load the images regardless of the tag.  You just don't see them until you click.

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 01:24:56 AM »
Spoiler tags would be a good addition.

But, I'm also against the images rule proposed by the OP. If you want to save on scrolling space and/or bandwidth, it may be better to just link to the image from offsite instead. Don't force others to do the same in your threads independently from the forum's rules, as well.

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 04:56:33 AM »
well ok. The rules thing was just an addition to the idea. But most importantly the spoiler tag to give the option to use it is good.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 05:25:52 PM »
Spoiler for Guess what?:
We now have spoilers!

There are two ways to use:

[spoiler]Stuff to hide[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Title]Stuff to hide[/spoiler]

There's also an "Sp" button that will add the bbcode for it in the bbcode formatting toolbars.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 05:30:18 PM »
Awesome! This will be useful for a lot more than just spoilers.

Thanks for your hard work :D
Woo! - Argent Girl

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 05:50:29 PM »
Woo hoo! Thanks for the handy addition! :D
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 11:31:48 PM »
Spoiler for Guess what?:
We now have spoilers!

There are two ways to use:

[spoiler]Stuff to hide[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Title]Stuff to hide[/spoiler]

There's also an "Sp" button that will add the bbcode for it in the bbcode formatting toolbars.

Sweet!
I also see we have a short cut of it so that is awesome! Thanks for the add!