Author Topic: Are PM's working?  (Read 3533 times)

CG

• Elite Boss
Are PM's working?
« on: December 06, 2012, 07:30:01 PM »
I've sent two PM's, but neither appear in my "Sent Items" folder.  I have received a PM, so that's working for me at least.

Sorry about the topic on the subject, but I'm not sure I'm able to send PMs...  ;)

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
Re: Are PM's working?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 08:03:47 PM »
Try to send another one and look carefully at the page ;)
Yeeessss....

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 08:38:12 PM »
There's an option in your profile settings to turn this on or off. In the navigation at the top of the website, select "Profile". Then hover over "Modify Profile" and select "Personal Messaging". Towards the bottom is an option "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default.". If that doesn't have a checkmark in it, then that's why your sent messages aren't showing in your sent box.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:30:55 PM »
I looked for and found that after Mister Bison's reply.

My next question is: Why isn't this checked by default?  I've never heard of an email feature that didn't keep sent mail automatically.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 09:58:54 PM »
I honestly don't know why it's not enabled by default. I don't see any obvious way to change the default, but I'll add this to my list of things to look into when I have a chance.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 10:02:12 PM »
I looked for and found that after Mister Bison's reply.

My next question is: Why isn't this checked by default?  I've never heard of an email feature that didn't keep sent mail automatically.
Based on your answer, I'm not sure if you realized you *can* set the default for all *your* mails. I'd discourage against putting this as the default for all users as this could bloat the database drastically, but if it doesn't, I'd encourage it.
Yeeessss....

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 10:08:46 PM »
Sorry, I wasn't clear; I didn't double quote.  I was referring to Sekoia's advice that this can be a global setting.  After you told me to look closer on the per-message setting, I found the global setting and that's what I was asking about being the default.

I've turned mine on, so it's all good.  I will keep this in mind for other message board systems.

Thanks