Author Topic: Archetypes: CoH to CO?  (Read 14121 times)

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
Archetypes: CoH to CO?
« on: December 07, 2012, 03:31:56 PM »
Does someone familiar with the game mind posting a guide that compares the ATs of the two games? I rolled The Inferno which seems to be a lot like a fire blaster. A friend of mine rolled something he thought would be a healer, but didn't actually have healing powers. It would be nice ifif someone could kind of describe the ATs in CO in a way us Paragonians can understand. Thanks.

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
  • When times are hard, take a stand and dont give up
Re: Archetypes: CoH to CO?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 03:40:05 PM »
I was actually considering starting a thread where players familiar with them could give recomended builds for Archetypes in Champions Online with a bit of an explaination on how to make the best use of each one. This would be a good place for that since things like specialzations and advantages make a real difference in what your character is capable of and It would help out a lot of players new to the game if they got some tips from players well experienced with the archetype they want to play.

Starsman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 03:56:19 PM »
Archetypes in CO are nothing like Archetypes in CoH. I mean, both games are using the same word to describe entirely different things.

In CoH, an Archetype was a class, the inherent way your character functions, its stats and feel.

In CO, Archetypes are simply dev-created builds. They are a way for F2P players to create characters without giving them full free-building power, and seem to be crafted to be usable in PvE while also filling the concept of iconic characters like Hulk or The Human Torch.

If you go to this wiki page:
http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Archetypes

You will see in the Role the closest thing you can see in CoH's ATs: Role. Some are fixed to Tank, others Support and some hybrid (descriptive!) There is also a page that goes over what each role does.

BTW, if you either pay for a freeform character slot, or go Gold Member, you can pick an AT and then just use it as a core template, changing things whatever way you want (add ice blasts to that Inferno build :p) and the roles can be changed dynamically while in the game (you can "toggle" on the tank or support roles, for example.)

You can find an online character builder here: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html
For the sake of the community: please stop the cultural "research" in your attempt to put blame on the game's cancelation.

It's sickening to see the community sink that low. It's worse to see the community does not get it.

I'm signing off and taking a break, blindly hope things change.

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 09:17:12 PM »
Archetype: The Behemoth
Link to Archetype http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/The_Behemoth
Video review of The Behemoth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VvNNqUmU2w

Link to info on the Tank role: http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Tank

The Behemoth is your basic Super Strength tank. It's all about enduring and inflicting damage at close/melee range. Because of this archetype's super stats being Constitution, Strength and Recovery you will have high health points and heal quickly out of combat. You will also have good knock (back/down/up/towards) resistance and regain energy fairly quickly. This archetype is going to generate more threat then most so be prepared to end up surrounded by opponents on a regular basis. Below I will give some details about the powers, advantages and specializations I suggest for this Archetype.

Powers

Clobber: This is you energy builder attack. Think of it as a faster, weaker version of CoH's Super Strength power Jab but - Disorient and it gives you energy every time you hit someone.
Advantages:
[It's The Time] Adds a 15% chance to Disorient your opponent with each hit. (cost 2 advantage points)

Defensive Combo: This is your common go to attack for many situations. It has a low energy cost and a quick activation rate. It does ok damage but the real beauty of this attack happens when you hit the same opponent 3 times in a row. The 2nd hit in a row does slightly more damage then the 1st while the 3rd hit in a row does just barely over double the damage of the first hit and not only harms you target but also every enemy within melee range of your taget for the same amount. The third hit also always either gives 1 stack of the Defiant buff (if you have none) or refreshes the durations of existing Defiant buffs. This attack generates a lot of threat when used.
Advantages:
[Rank 2] Boost the damage and threat generation of this attack. (Cost 2 Advantage points)
[Crippling Challenge] Increases this attacks threat, put a 20% damage debuff on the enemy you hit, taunts your target and causes this attack to break through blocking. (Cost 3 Advantage points)

Mighty Leap: This power is useful to get at an opponent up to 60 feet away from you and not much else really. It is a handy way to get around the battlefield. It does some crushing damage and snares you opponent. If you leap at an opponent more then 20 feet away you will also stun that opponent for a short time. You will always leap in a straight line towards your target. So if your target is in front of you, you will leap forward and if your taget is right above you, you will leap straight up etc. (Note: you will always fall back to the ground after hitting your target unless you have a flight travel power active at the time. If your character does NOT have some form of flight you may want to take the Nailed to the Ground advantage instead of Bulls Rush.)
Advantages:
[Bull Rush] Adds a close range radius area of effect that knocks back and snares enemies close to your target opponent when the hit lands. Cost 2 Advantage points) Take if you can fly
[Nailed to the Ground] Cancels and disables opponents travel powers for a time when attack hits. (Cost 2 Advantage points) Take if you can't fly

Defiance: This is an Auto defence power that is always active (freeform characters have differences regarding these types of powers) and cost no energy. what this power does is keep 1 stack of the defiant buff active on you at all times and allows you to have up to a maximum of 6 stacks of the Defiant buff on you at once. The Defiant buff gives you a percentage of damage reduction that scales up relative to your constitution stat. The higher your constitution, the more this buff protects you. Each time you are hit by an attack this power will give you another stack of the Defiant buff (up to the max of 6), refresh the duration of all your stacks of the Defiant buff and give you a small amount of energy.
Advantages:
[Rank 2] Makes the Defiance power keep a minimum of 2 stacks of the Defiant buff on you at all times instead of just 1. (Cost 2 advantage points)
[Force of Will] Adds increasing resistance to knockback and stun the lower your health gets. Cost 2 advantage points

Roomsweeper or Thunderclap: This time you get to pick 1 of these 2 powers. I recomend Roomsweeper for the simple reason that you will often get surrounded by enemies playing this archetype. Roomsweeper is a good damage dealer and knocks back multiple enemies at melle range in front of you so is a great way to get some breathing room when you get surrounded. This power will also give 1 stack of the Enraged buff and refresh the duration of all stacks of the Enraged buff if over 50% charged. When you eventually get the Enrage toggle buff this power is a great to build up stack of the Enraged Buff.
Advantages:
[Concussive Blow] Adss a short stun effect to this attack that can happen at most once every 10 seconds. (cost 2 Advantage points)
[Challenging Strikes] Causes this power to generate more threat and adds a 5% damage debuff the enemies you hit with it. (Cost 1 Advantage point)

Enrage: This is a toggle power that must be fully charged to activate. When active it is always on unless you get defeeted and causes your powers to cost 10% more energy to use. The benefit of this powers is that it automatically grants and maintains 1 stack of the Enraged Buff which give you a percentage increase to the amount of damage you do that scales up with your Strength stat. While active this toggle power also grants another stack of the Enraged buff and refreshes all stacks of the Enraged buff every time you use a power that knocks (any direction, back, up, down, towards) an enemy (you don't have to successfully knock the enemy to get the buff so works even if the enemy is immune to knocks). Having this power active also allow you to be able to have 8 stacks of the Enraged buff on your character at once. The damage bonus from the Enraged buff scales with your Strength stat.
Advantages:
[Rank 2] This power now constantly maintains a minimum of 2 stocks of the Enraged buff at all times. (Cost 2 Advantage points)
[Endorphin Rush] Every time you get a stack of the Enraged buff you gain a short heal over time effect that last 1 second for every stack of Defiant you have and heals for an amount that scales up with your Constitution stat. (Cost 2 Advantage points)

Demolish: I love this attack and it is always my opening move once I'm up close to enemies of Vilain level (like Lieutenant level enemies from CoH) or above. This attack does pretty high damage but more importantly it also places a crushing damage debuff for 15 seconds on the enemy you hit with it. Since all Behemoth attacks do crushing damage it is alway useful and everytime this debuff wears off just hit your enemy with this attack again.
Advantages:
[Below the Belt] This advantage further increases the damage debuff of this power the more you charge it up before hitting your enemy. (Cost 2 Advantage points)

Retaliation This power enhances you block ability making it give you even more damage resistance then before. It also provide a substantial percantage bonus to your next hit. When you see a BOOM sign or some other indication that your enemy is charging up a powerful attack or crowd control effect to hit you with, that's the time to press the SHIFT KEY and resist for all your worth. The more powerful the enemy the more important it is to block. Give 250% damage resistance and 83% damage boost to next hit when active. Some players might like to take the Punitive Pummeling Advantage but personally I think that when something like Grond is charging up to hit you with his best shot you want to make your block count for all it can.
Advantages:
[Rank 2] This power now gives 300% damage resistance and 100% damage boost to next hit when active. Cost 2 Advantage points)
[Rank 3] Further enhances this power more then Rank 2 so that it now give 360% damage resistance and 120% damage boost to next hit when active. (Cost 2 Advantage Points)

Aggressor: This is a 12 second self buff that gives a break free effect, 42% damage increase, +35 to Strength & Constitution and grants a stack of the Enraged buff. This power does have a long cooldown time of 1 minute 30 seconds but if you are determined to use this buff as often as possible there is gear and gear mods that will reduce the cooldown of all your powers.
Advantages:
[Rank 2] Improves Aggressor power so that it now last 15 seconds, gives 50% damage increase, +42 to Strength & Constitution and 2 stacks of the Enraged buff. (Cost 2 Advantage points)
[Rank 3] Further improves Aggressor more then Rank 2 so this it now last 18 seconds, gives 60% damage increase, +50 to Strength & Constitution and 3 stacks of the Enraged buff. (Cost 2 Advantage points)

Unbreakable: This is another 12 second self buff but this one gives you a 2,310 points damage absorption shield that's damage absorption is refreshed by 1,155 points as you are attacked and is reduced when you attack. This power also has a 1 minute 30 seconds cooldown time but as I said before you can eventually get gear to reduce that.
Advantages:
[Rank 2] Now absorbs 2,772 damage and is refreshed by 1,386 point as you are attacked. (Cost 2 Advantage points)
[Rank 3] Further improves this power so that it now absorbs 3,326 damage and is refreshed by 1,663 points as you are attacked. (Cost 2 Advantage points)

Uppercut or Haymaker: You have to again make a choice of which two powers to take. I'd suggest Haymaker because it is the msot damaging power the Behemoth has access to. It also has a knockback effect and deal extra damage to enemies that are immune to knocks. When you're facing legendary or cosmic level enemies (such as Grond or Mega-Destroids) this is the attack you hit them with. The knockback effect will give you a stack of the Enraged buff and will also give you a heal over time effect if you have taken the Endorphin Rush advantage (as mentioned in Enrage above). Just be sure to hit them with Demolish when needed to keep that damage resistance debuff going on them, use your 2 buffing powers as you need them and dont forget to block when their charging up their most powerful attacks. I'm not saying that you'll be unbeatable, but you will put up a good fight.
Advantages:
[Nullifying Punch] Applies Trauma debuff to enemy hit which ends any heal over time effect they have on them and causes them to recieve only half the benefit of any other healing effects for 6 seconds. (Cost 2 Advantage points)

Shockwave: Your final power and the only ranged attack the Behemoth gets (unless you count Mighty Leap). You basically start hammering your fist against the gound as if you're banging on a drum. This sends a shockwave of sonic damage through the ground in a 90 degree cone to a distance of 50 feet that does 97 point of sonic damage to all enemies within that cone every 0.5 seconds it is maintained for. It also snares these enemies reducing their movement speed and if maintained for the full duration knocks these enemies up. There will be some times that you will find this power useful but I thought it more important to focus on the melee attacks since as a tank you'll have to take the hits and keep the more powerful enemies off the ranged and support characters in your team.
Advantages:
[None] If you have been following my above suggestions for advantages then you will have no advantage points left to spend on this power.

Talents
The Talents I selected in the screenshot at the top of this page are inteded to increase your Constitution stat as much as possible. +33 Constitution in total. As your primary superstat Constitution boost the damage of all your attacks while also giving you + 15 health points for every 1 point of Constitution and is the primary factor in this Archetypes damage resistance and self healing ability. (Dont take any stats that boost Ego or Presence as these stats are no use to the Behemoth)

Specialization Trees
The Behemoth gets the following Specialization Trees. Check the links below for details. (Recomended specialization selections within each of these trees are shown in the screenshot at the top of this post)
Constitution
Protector
Warden

Gear
Number 1 on the list. Max out your defence as much as possible.
Number 2 on the list. Aim to get a least 200 Constitution ( I think there are Diminishing Returns on the bonuses it give (except for the health bonus) after that point but I'm not certain)

Hopefully this advice will help you to get the most out of the Behemoth Archetype in Champions Online.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:27:24 PM by JRVthatsME »

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 01:08:27 AM »
Cool. Thanks!

faith.grins

• Boss
  • Split your lungs with blood and thunder.
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 03:17:17 AM »
After playing about thirty levels of the Grimoire Archetype, I feel ready to comment on it.

Function and Team Role:

The Grimoire is sort of like a Corruptor was in City of Heroes.  You've got some blast-y powers, three powers that can have a control element added to them, one heal, a couple of debuffs, and a passive, fixed-radius group buff.  So, yeah, you've got a bit of everything in there.  You're fixed to the Hybrid team role (formerly called "Balanced") so all of your combat values are "average."  (Diminishing returns for damage from your Primary Super Stat begin at 30%, and 22.5% from Secondary Super Stats.  Healing values are 15%/11.25%  Diminishing returns in CO are kind of complicated, but the bottom line is that those values I just listed are what you'll be typically getting from your Super Stats.)  Your Slotted Passive is a global stat buff; it's larger for you than for your teammates, but they'll get some benefit from it as well.

You are not a Tank.  Your powers don't align that way, and your Super Stats don't support it.  Don't even think about it.  You'll start your career as a mostly-blaster-type and gradually shift to a more mixed role as you level.  By level 25-ish you'll be a pretty good jack-of-all-trades; you've got blasts, a heal, a buff, a debuff, one of your powers does good knockback, and two of your powers can root stuff.

Life on the Streets:
You'll start with Eldritch Bolts, your energy builder, and Eldritch Blast, your primary attack.  Both of these have a chance to root their target.  (Blast has a higher chance than bolts.)  Blast can be charged for two seconds to improve its damage an increase its energy cost.  Spamming Blast without charging it at all is the most damage-per-second that power can deal, but it is the least energy efficient use of the power.  (It will also Root your target less often.)  In early levels, it's good to experiment with different charge levels and testing how long it takes for Eldritch Bolts to tick after you activate Blast.  As far as spending advantage points goes, do not take Crippling Challenge.  It's a tanking thing, and you are not a tank. 

At level 6, you pick up Sigil of the Primal Storm, which is basically a damage patch your enemies can disable by attacking.  Solo, it is by far your best damage power.  In team situations, it can be useful, but its charge time (it must be fully charged) and its recharge make it best saved for small clusters of higher-threat enemies.  (Bosses and tougher.)  I've gotten by fine putting not Advantage points into this power at all, although eventually I plan to pick up Mystic Transference.

Level 8 is when you pick up your Slotted Passive which... is just a stat buff.  Yay.  Moving on!

You get Pillar of Poz at level 11, and it is a fun freaking power.  It's a high-cost, high damage PBAoE with Knockback at no additional charge.  You can also spend 2 Advantage Points to make it apply a damage debuff to enemies it hits.  Yes, please!

At level 14 you pick up Concentration, your "Form" buff.  This increases your ranged damage, and increases in intensity as you use charged shots of Eldritch Blast.  You don't have to fully charge it, as the text of the form says, but you need to charge it more than half way.  (Rather than having a constant energy cost like toggles in CoH, most Forms increase the cost of your other powers.  It's not a huge difference, but if you're completely starved on energy, you can turn it off.)

At this point, you can drop your sigils and snipe things from max range, you can open with a fully charged Blast and Pillar of Poz things as they come at you, or you can try to be a mobile Blaster.  Options have begun to open up for you.

At level 17, you get your pick between two heals.  I took Arcane Vitality, the "channeled" Cone heal.  Vala's Light is a chargeable, targeted AoE heal.  Arcane Vitality can be used on yourself, which I imagine makes it more popular, but Vala's Light is more energy-efficient.  Your call.  (For what it's worth, Arcane Vitality isn't so good a heal that it'll let you survive things you couldn't have taken anyway.)

At level 21, you get a power which replaces your Block.  Useful but uninteresting... unless you take the Imbue with Power Advantage, which causes you to deal some lightning damage to things that attack you while blocking.  It won't make things just straight-up defeat themselves, but it can be useful if you draw unwanted aggro.  (Which, believe me, I've done. =P)

Level 25 brings with it Circle of Arcane Power which is just... spiffy.  Basically, you burn a bunch of energy up front to drop a circle on the floor.  While you're in this circle, you gain 10 energy per second, and it lasts for pretty much as long as you stand in it.  10 energy per second won't let you spam all your powers forever, but it goes a long way.  I went ahead and bought both ranks of this power, which bumps up the Energy to 15/sec, which basically lets me spam Eldritch Blast for as long as I'm standing in the circle.

At this point, dropping your Sigils then your Circle and just standing in place blasting things has become your dominant strategy while soloing.  On teams, you should save your Circle for the same sort of groups you'd drop your Sigils on.

At level 30, you pick up Skarn's Bane, which is a very interesting power.  It's a channeled Cone with a very high cost, but it deals more damage the longer you channel it, and it removes buffs from anything it hits.  Really good when you need it.

Haven't gotten to 35 yet, but at that point you have a choice between two types of Sigils:  Arcane Runes and Ebon Weakness.  Arcane Runes looks like it's a Proximity Mine sort of power, where Ebon Weakness is more of a Tar Patch type power.

Level 40 yields Hex of Suffering, a targetted AoE Damage Over Time effect.  Unlike Rain of Fire, this is a debuff you place on an enemy who then ticks damage to himself and anything around him.  Haven't got to play with it yet, but it looks like it's fun.

The Big Picture on Gear:
So your Super Stats are (in order you obtain them) Intelligence, Ego, and Presence.  Intelligence makes your powers cheaper to use and reduces your recharge times.  (The former is very good, the latter won't be a big deal for the first 30 levels of your career.)  Ego makes your ranged attacks deal more damage over-and-above what you get from it as a Super Stat.  Presence makes your crowd control effects better and improves your resistance to them.  (Crowd control works differently in CO than in CoH, but that's beyond the scope of this article.)  Presence also improves the effectiveness of healing powers beyond its effect as a Super Stat.

Like I said above, diminishing returns works kinda funny in CO.  Basically, your super stats have a "target" value which shifts as you gain levels.  Below that threshold, you gain damage/heal at a straightforward rate; above it, you gain benefits much slower.  So it's better to grab gear that improves all three super stats (or both, if you're still below level 15) than it is to focus purely on just one.  Once you've hit the target values on all three stats, Int will make your blue-bar more efficient, Ego will give you more damage-per-point, and Presence will make your heal better.

As for non-Super stats... Constitution improves your health pool.  You'll need some of this no matter what level you are.  Dexterity improves your crit chance, but it's better to aim for Offense Rating in that regard.  Endurance gives you a larger Blue Bar, and at low levels you'll want that, but a high Int and Circle of Power make it less of a big deal later.  Recovery affects where your Equilibrium point is, which is beyond the scope of this article but in a nutshell means how much Blue Bar you enter fights with.  Recovery also affects how good your Energy Builder power is, but I can't tell by how much, and like I said after you've got Circle of Power it doesn't matter as much.  Strength is a completely dead stat for you unless you like to throw things or you want more Knockback.

A good strategy for the Grimoire without getting into specific numbers is to focus mostly on Intelligence, Ego, and Constitution.  Other stats will more or less fall into place.

That's all I got for now.  Let me know if I didn't cover something you have a question on.
Aram:  "Man, just look at all this.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that we get to live surrounded by such wonder."
Gamal:  "We don't live over there." Aram:  "We don't?"
Gamal:  "No.  We live over there." Aram:  "... But it's all on fire."
Gamal:  "Yes it is, Aram.  Yes it is."

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 07:27:58 PM »
BTW, if you either pay for a freeform character slot, or go Gold Member, you can pick an AT and then just use it as a core template, changing things whatever way you want (add ice blasts to that Inferno build :p) and the roles can be changed dynamically while in the game (you can "toggle" on the tank or support roles, for example.)

This isn't exactly true from my experience. If you pick an Archetype over a Freeform even as a Gold Member, you're locked into that Archetype and the role its placed in, nor do you get any extra builds to alternate between.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 08:35:24 PM »
This isn't exactly true from my experience. If you pick an Archetype over a Freeform even as a Gold Member, you're locked into that Archetype and the role its placed in, nor do you get any extra builds to alternate between.

I think the thought is more using the AT as a guideline.

Which makes sense. I have NO CLUE how to make builds in CO yet :/
Woo! - Argent Girl

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 09:18:50 PM »
I think the thought is more using the AT as a guideline.

Which makes sense. I have NO CLUE how to make builds in CO yet :/
How Starsman worded it came across as selecting an Archetype which you can then change roles and add powers to over the course of character progression like a Freeform, which isn't the case. Using an AT for a character means you're bound to the structure it provides unless you full-retcon.

By all means, you can use AT information as a guideline while levelling up a Freeform character, but you can't just mix aspects of a Freeform into an Archetype path.

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 09:34:05 PM »
[deleted]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:01:57 PM by pinballdave »

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 09:54:42 PM »
I can't seem to get into CO. I am sure its the CoH hangover. It took 3 days to get through the tutorial. I spent half a session looking for a trainer when I dinged level 2. Don't other games have you level up some place? Help and documentation is non-existent. The third day after being defeated like 10 times in the big base by the big bad bug, I finally got out into Millenium City proper. This game doesn't cut it for me.
During the tutorial, you level up but you don't train to get new powers until after you've completed it and returned to Millennium City. From there, Defender sends you to the Powerhouse (the gear portal). Keep in mind that if you skip the tutorial in the future (which you can for new characters now you've completed it once), you begin at the Powerhouse immediately at Lv5.

From that point on, you can actually train anywhere by bringing up your powers menu, though the Powerhouse provides the advantage of facilities to test out your power choices before you commit to them. Leaving the powerhouse or training on the field/mission locks in your choice and you have to pay a fee in Resources to remove and change it later.

As for the Black Talon boss at the end of the Tutorial, the key strategy is to hold the block button (default bound to SHIFT, I believe) to mitigate his powerful attacks, such as the missile barrage and the holding wire.

With that explanation out of the way, let's try to keep on topic about Archetype discussion in Champions!

Starsman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 02:46:28 AM »

Hmmm... My memory is old on this but a LONG time ago (when the game first went F2P) I tried it, and recall paying the money for Gold so I was able to respec my character and turn him into a fire tank of sorts. Been a long time though so I dont remember the process. By role changing, I did not mean the change of builds on the fly, but simply switching the role that changes a bunch of stats (from what I read on the Wiki.)
For the sake of the community: please stop the cultural "research" in your attempt to put blame on the game's cancelation.

It's sickening to see the community sink that low. It's worse to see the community does not get it.

I'm signing off and taking a break, blindly hope things change.

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 10:14:17 PM »
Ok I've finished and made some modification the my suggestions for the Behemoth Archetype here.

I got some good advice from a player in game whos name I think was Infity Avenger but I'm not certain. I'm not good when it comes to remembering names.

0nehanklap

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 10:44:06 PM »
Having played this for a while at opening, and a couple of short stints off & on when friends were playing, I am finally coming back to make it home until such time as a new City appears.  I think I can safely say to anyone wondering about the advantages/disads of Archetypes vs Freeform, It will not gimp you to play a while for free by picking any one of the archetypes that you think might fit your playstyle or concept.  They are all constructed well enough to play through most PvE content, certainly well enough to allow time to get the feel for the game.  If, later on, you should feel disposed to subscribe, you can easily respec that same toon into Freeform so you keep the look/name/concept, and all the powers/effects you liked, but can swap out any powers you dont like for anything else you think will fit.

I would NOT recommend purchasing a Freeform slot for your free account, as thats around 50 bucks, and for that you can sub 3-5 months(depending on the deal you may get), and thats about time to play through all their content, casually, a couple of times. 

I currently have toons in all ATs, and several freeforms, with only a couple of them which require much effort to solo.

JRVthatsME

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 01:58:20 AM »
I just found this and I think it should be very handy for many of us.

Level progression/build guide for all Archetypes in Champions Online

0nehanklap

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 02:48:34 AM »
Thanks, thats a really good collection of info. XD