Author Topic: Its been a week.  (Read 22904 times)

A Cyclops named Steve

• Lieutenant
  • Steropes Freedom
Its been a week.
« on: December 07, 2012, 11:20:09 PM »
A week ago today we stood by our friends as our world crushed in on us. How is everyone doing? Its still hard to watch the tributes but it has gotten a bit easier. I still haven't been able to play a different game yet, but I'll get there :)
.                              Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you'll see into your imagination.

We'll begin with a spin, traveling in the world of my creation. What we'll see will defy explanation.

If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanta change the world? There's nothing To it.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
Re: Its been a week.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 11:21:38 PM »
I keep wanting to make new costumes in the creator!

I uhh... tried editing demo costumes by hand.... that got *really* boring.

aaaaaaaaaaaaa :gonk:
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 11:24:07 PM »
Still nothing to play; i so want to break open mids hero builder and plan my next scrapper. I guess I will just have to hope someone buys it in the next few weeks and say they are starting it back up so i can throw money to them.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »
I was thinking this earlier.

The pain of loss has been pushed into my background a little, but its still there, and sometimes it pounces on me when I least expect it.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 11:33:42 PM »
still hurts on this end. i miss it so much. usually i just load up the CCC and make some costumes for ol times sake. that usually helps me out.
somebody needs to grab hold of the ip so i can give them money
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

Cobra Man

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 11:37:51 PM »
No game for me yet that looks like it will replace CoH.

I have bought The Secret War (TSW) and dabbled a bit with it, but it's early days yet.

A Cyclops named Steve

• Lieutenant
  • Steropes Freedom
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 11:40:55 PM »
I was thinking this earlier.

The pain of loss has been pushed into my background a little, but its still there, and sometimes it pounces on me when I least expect it.

I know what you mean. I had been doing ok but yesterday was a really rough day for me and I spent a good part of the day crying  :gonk:
.                              Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you'll see into your imagination.

We'll begin with a spin, traveling in the world of my creation. What we'll see will defy explanation.

If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. Wanta change the world? There's nothing To it.

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 12:05:51 AM »
At least 3-4 times a day I catch myself thinking, "I just had an idea for how to do that... one... vid... well, f***."

And then I just feel miserable all over again.

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »
Haven't gotten to writing down the epilogues for my characters yet.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Surelle

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 12:09:54 AM »
And it's been almost 2 weeks since the Disney pitch landed on their home base so to speak.   ;)

I wonder if we'll ever hear anything back again, ever.  And I also wonder how long NCSoft will be reeling from that Korea Times article, which seems to have been the straw that broke the camel's back, at least as far as the potential for selling the CoH IP goes.  Let's hope they don't recover and move on while everything just fades away again because no actual buyer comes forward....

Are Titan or PS management going to make another attempt?  Maybe they should band together and try again!

Hey, it's a thought!  Has anyone even linked Brian Clayton and Melissa/Matt with that Korea Times article?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 12:34:54 AM »
If you haven't, yet, write to The Mouse. If you have, check out the Task Force Hail Mary threads for postcard ideas. Write a eulogy and send it to John Pleasants at Disney Interactive. Send a tweet to @ColbertNation. We're a creative bunch. Don't waste it.

Also, I just discovered that "shower caddy" in French is "valet de douche." Where is a water blaster power set when you need one?
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 12:59:38 AM »
I've been so bored that I started looking back at my Amazon purchases and writing reviews! :-\
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 02:48:14 AM »
I get the urge to work on my bases, to work on costumes, to stand around Pocket D and laugh at bad bios with friends.

I thought I held out alright in the three months but knowing that I don't have the option or the means to do these things anymore...

Feels bad, really bad  :gonk: :gonk: :gonk:
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 02:53:32 AM »
 I was building a new PC.. a huge part of that desire was to play CoH in a mode beyond " recommended " and to stop playing on a ATI 9600XT with 1.5 gigs of ram ( yes you read that right )...

I had a few more pieces to go.. and now have little to no desire to hurry and finish..

Aleksandros

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 02:57:45 AM »
Every time I sit down at the PC I have to actively resist the urge to fire up the NCSoft launcher to log in - remind myself, it's all gone...

Keeping a blue light shining for the return of our City, and awaiting the day I can de-mothball the Hero Force Beta base to welcome folks back home.

A Cyclops named Steve

• Lieutenant
  • Steropes Freedom
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 03:00:28 AM »
Every time I sit down at the PC I have to actively resist the urge to fire up the NCSoft launcher to log in - remind myself, it's all gone...

Keeping a blue light shining for the return of our City, and awaiting the day I can de-mothball the Hero Force Beta base to welcome folks back home.

The next morning I forgot and tried to launch it...I balled...part of me died :(

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 03:04:50 AM »
Coping, kind of.  But I do see CoX references in everyday things.  For example, the other day driving into work I saw a Black Mini Countryman with red racing stripes -- from the back, with the badge, it looked most 5th Column-like.  Also, I was working on a big spreadsheet today and typed in a cell reference that gave me pause....AP33.  / ' :
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Dollmistress

• Underling
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 03:13:49 AM »
Dollmistress: So Earth is lost to us.
Ghost Widow: No. There is always hope.
Dollmistress: Can you see her?
Ghost Widow: [chuckles] Yes.
Dollmistress: How is she?
Ghost Widow: She searches for you...

8)

Vyx

• Minion
  • @StormVyxen and or Vyx
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 03:17:15 AM »
I changed my desktop wallpaper to a screenie I took in Night Ward with the red Tardis. I keep catching myself thinking "why isn't there any motion" or "did I stay logged in all night?" Then reality kicks back in and I get depressed again.
Huron: "...with Coffee primary / Attitude secondary"
Charnage: "Please. Think of the poor, defenseless desks."
Mentalshock: "Apocalypse has been canceled due to lack of interest."

"The Babylon Project was our last, best hope for peace. She failed... In the year of the Praetorian War, she became something greater... our last, best hope for victory."

tigerbaby

• Underling
  • accept NO substitute for HAPPY!
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 03:27:05 AM »
The hardest part remains when the day's work is completed and there's nothing left to do and I can finally...
No.  I can't, not anymore.

I've had quite a bit of trouble sleeping, which is sort of 'normal' for me when I am grieving; the marathon 13-hour session I put in on the Final Day also threw my sleep cycle off.  I asked a friend if she thot it was weird that it seemed like I was trying to sit shiva for a videogame...bless her, she replied 'not at all' without missing a beat.

I said i wouldn't, but tonight I'll think I'll borrow DH's PC and take a look at Champions Online (Mac player, and therefore even more 'out in the cold') but it's mostly just for something to *do* - one can only play so many online Scrabble games at once, and I need to take a break from drawing.

You can see my 'artz of mourning' at this post: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7196.0.html