Author Topic: Charge abilities and attack chains  (Read 11648 times)

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
Re: Charge abilities and attack chains
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »
Huh. I thought that was what everyone who didn't PVP did. If you saw me on a Tauntless tanker... that was her second build.

It makes perfect sense in retrospect, but it just never occured to me.

I only ever had one character that similar would have applied on anyway, and while she was a Brute Tank (ever proof of the power of elec armor used properly, and of how a brute can out tank a tanker if they're played well!) her initial build was... I hadn't really learned how to make my own builds yet and had a friend who loved making them for everyone, and they were in a phase of "who needs taunt? gain aggro like a fire blaster does!" which works really well when you're Elec Melee.

Still, if we ever get it back, I'll definitely use this trick! :D
Woo! - Argent Girl

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 06:36:21 PM »
In CO I noticed a couple of play styles. You had some that spam enegery builder and the second attack and then you had some thta used variety of attacks. I kind of like having that choice available. If a person choose to spam a single or two attacks, then they have that ability just as much to use variety of attacks.

I dont miss the recharge aspect of COX at all. The dead space in comabt in COX didnt bother me at all until I played CO and just couldnt go back to the now seemingly slow combat system there or rather the combat system that was there.

I think CO gives more to actual personal choice in power useage choices without the recharge.

me personally i use most of my powers that are available. The least used ones are usually the heals because usually I'm solo and usually I build for suvival without them and having a heal mostly for those unusual cases when the fit hits the shan. But others seem content on spamming only one or two attacks and that is another option and tactic that is available.

Seschat

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 09:35:06 PM »
Backpedalling a little here, has anyone struck upon anything that could be labeled an adequate control power, just to help those in the game not as comfortable with the "smash smash smash KillItNowKillItNowKillItNOW OrWe'reAllGonnaDIE" approach that CO seems to engender?  So far I've found:

Celestial's Vengeance (aka Holy Orbital Death Ray), with the Redemption Denied advantage.  Two second charge to hold the target and stun all his friends.
Darkness's Grasping Shadows (aka Not-So-Tenebrious-Tentacles).  Again a two second charge, but with an AOE hold.
Anything with consistent Knock-Up/Down/Back.  Foes on their backsides aren't hurting you.  For some reason, Knock-Toward doesn't seem to make enemies fall over as much.  *grumble*

Seriously, a two second charge on a 10-15 second hold makes such a power pretty marginal, IMHO.  And I'd maim for an AOE Root power, just to get minions to stop scampering around.
-
Five years Paragon City was my home,
Now I wander aimlessly, aimlessly,
Seeking a place to mend the hole in my heart.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 09:52:28 PM »
There's an uppercut in Might that's a pretty reliable knockup.  And I've been having luck with... Condemn? from the Infernal set - it seems to hold an enemy pretty good and with the advantage it does an AoE stun that seems fairly useful.  But nothing on par with controls in CoH.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 10:11:30 PM »
Apropos of nothing else, was it just EU players that called that "hentai blast"?
I don't know but, from my end, I did nothing to prove the contrary ;)
Yeeessss....

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 12:09:44 AM »
There's an uppercut in Might that's a pretty reliable knockup.  And I've been having luck with... Condemn? from the Infernal set - it seems to hold an enemy pretty good and with the advantage it does an AoE stun that seems fairly useful.  But nothing on par with controls in CoH.

Fun fact: Condemn and Vengeance were once the same power. Before the celestial set was added to the game, the supernatural set (Just supernatural, it wasn't split into bestial and infernal until later) had a power called condemn that changed depending on which of three Aspect toggles you had running. With Aspect of the Infernal, it was the Condemn we have now. With Aspect of the Celestial, it was what we now know as Vengeance.

Was kind of amusing for a while after Celestial came out, their best (only) aoe was in another framework entirely. Which was probably why it got moved when they split the supernatural sets up.

Anyway, random trivia over.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 12:13:31 AM »
Pounce pretty reliably knocks single targets down. Not all Master Villians, but some.