Author Topic: A PENGUIN Story  (Read 17777 times)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: A PENGUIN Story
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 04:12:21 AM »
Pretty funny, better hurry only 7 slots left.
I remember spending a good half hour juggling 3 or more conversations while recruiting for a task force.
There would be team chat, as the leader you would have to reassure them that you didn't DC and you were actively recruiting.
You would need to send tells to players begging them to join.
And you would need to advertise on one or more channels for prospects on other servers and such.
And someone might respond to a tell with a question.  That was when things really got interesting.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2014, 06:11:21 PM »
OK, sorry Tubbs.
Please continue the story of Waddles.

No more ads from me ... for a while at least.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2015, 04:59:23 AM »
Yes, I even miss recruiting for a task force.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 06:45:20 AM »
Long story, short, Jenny dumped the Penguin.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2015, 01:21:21 AM »
Ok, ok, the Penguin gets away and lives a long happy life.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 04:23:35 PM »
I always liked it when players made characters beyond the superman or batman look.  To make a superhero look like a penguin, man, what a character creator CoH had.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2015, 07:30:39 AM »
Did I highjack this story?
Sorry Tubs.
It is a good story.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 05:49:58 AM »
Oh wow!  I totally forgot I had left this thread as it was!

Part 9: PENGUIN Pinball

Treetops.

These are the usual places for birds.

Granted, the birds that now flap and flutter away from their avian cousin's barreling feet first into the branches have proper feathers and working wings.  They do not have flippers or webbed feet or mutant ice-generating powers.

Waddle the Penguin gives another shove forward from upper branches, a streak of black and white through the sky that fades back beneath forest canopy with a crash of leaves and angry squawks.

Even little mutant hero penguins, though, need to rest.  He finally huffs to a stop some twenty feet up and. . . how many yards distant from the retrofitted Crey base he left behind?  Beady, tiny eyes squint the way he came.  He doesn't hear any Metalfaces tromping through the woods.  He must, thus, be free.

"Freeeeeee!" comes the merry squeak, and, done resting, away he leaps--

only to break free of the treeline and find himself soaring over a rooftop and into the top of a billboard for the local Super Mexicano.  One leg and one arm catch the advertisement, and there the penguin hero dangles, reverting to instinctual, frightened awks as he scrambles, hanging, off-balance and not really wanting to fall some twenty or thirty feet uncontrolled.  He is a penguin, not one of those funny, fluffy things that go mew and have twitchy, long tails.

But from below, on the sidewalk, coming out of the Super Mexicano in question?

"Waddle?"

"You know that. . . bird, Jenny?"

"Candy!  Just. . . I don't know!  Help me get him down!  He looks hurt!"

"Down?  He got you down from Atlas, and he--"

Down!  Hand loses grip, and then leg spasms, pumping the bird away from the billboard in a somersault away over the street.  The heads of Jenny Hall and Candy "Cardio" Carradine crane in a circle, following the flight of the flightless bird.  But what?  Wait?

Icy brilliance bursts forth from the bird's body, circling the entire creature in a sphere thick and solid.  Smashing into the side of an apartment complex, some fifteen feet from the ground, cracks the ice, and down the protected bird goes, rolling down the bricks until bird and ball come to rest amid bushes.

The two fitness gurus change glances, and across the way they sprint, while Jenny calls out a single, frightened word.

"Waaaaaaddle?"

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 04:14:55 AM »
I'm glad to see that Jenny is still an inportant character in this story.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2016, 05:04:23 AM »
"Again!"  Cried Waddle.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2017, 06:05:40 AM »
Part 10: Reunion

"We are so NOT going into that ghetto to check on that freaky penguin thing!"

"Ghetto?  That's called 'across the street,' Candy!  Paragon's not that bad, and--"

And Jenny Hall was interrupted by a gleam of brilliant green flashing emerald at first and fading to lime.  Hands cover her eyes and those of her friend and employer Candy Carradine.  As the light clears, a familiar squeak trills from the bushes at the base of Hero Highrises.

"Waddle HERO!"

Eyes are just blinking clear of brilliance when the short, stout, and fully healed penguin hero slams heftily into his new friend, Jenny, dropping her to a grassy stretch by the concrete walkway.  Those same eyes finally squint, staring up, at a happily beaming--smiling!--beak.  Below that beak, somewhere in that pudgy penguin's belly, a gurgly rumbling echoes.

"Candy?"

"Jen?"

"What do penguins eat?"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:58:50 AM by Tubbius »