Author Topic: Alert the Colbert Nation (We need a Colbert SuperNation TV-Ready Webpage!)  (Read 65032 times)

Mandrake

• Boss
Re: Alert the Colbert Nation (We need a Colbert SuperNation TV-Ready Webpage!)
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2012, 04:38:46 AM »
I just wanted to take a second to say a few things here.

I've been basically switching back and forth between the forums and the editor constantly the last few hours and just working without really saying much so...

I want to really thank all of you that have contributed so much to this. The artwork, the links, the feedback, insight, and direction all play a huge part in making things like this happen. I just wanted to be sure you all know that I do appreciate you and your help. I just get to working on a project and get all focused in and don't think to say thanks sometimes.

So.. thanks!
:)

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2012, 04:42:33 AM »
And thank you for picking up the torch, Mandrake.

"That is beautiful, Colette."

And that is just my mockup! Wait'll Vy's finished polishing. She's the real artist here.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 05:26:18 AM by Colette »

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2012, 04:44:16 AM »
OK let's have a tight paragraph on the second page just above the two clickthroughs.

"On December 1, 2012, NCSoft closed City of Heroes, the first, most popular, and most highly regarded superhero online game, ever.  With one click of a button, they displaced thousands of players from a game that was still profitable and unique, a game playable by entire families, and a game played by the Colbert SuperNation, a superhero group dedicated to Stephen Colbert.  The players, in the spirit of The Heroic Patriot Colbert, are not taking this sitting down.  We are going to make our noble community live again!  Here's how you can help!"
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2012, 04:46:51 AM »
How about a page devoted to all our MMOKiller memes?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2012, 04:54:35 AM »
How about a page devoted to all our MMOKiller memes?

Another click-through, perhaps.  We need to keep the first two pages as simple as possible for maximum penetration-past-intern.

Larry: There is very little difference between writing a sound bite, a solid joke, or an aphorism.  It is a distillation of a big concept, into few (but perfect) words, that requires the listener to think something through themselves, albeit quickly.  It is participatory, but for just a flash.  They key to its effectiveness is that such a thing makes the listener relate to the writer for a vital instant, and in getting the joke, they join with the writer.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2012, 04:58:38 AM »
I was in demoedit mode, and had a brief moment of insanity. If anyone can use this for something, feel free.

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2012, 05:03:05 AM »
Reiteration has been put in place at the top of second page above the click-thrus to Titan and SaveCOH.

As this is for a 'media blitz' scenario (That was what I understood it to be) I would highly recommend a single link - perhaps a third click-thru, that would take people to another section of the website that I can then build whatever you like from there... such as memes, videos, posts of interest, etc. keeping it as a sort of a separate although related entity. Don't want to distract from VV's initial intention.

Could I have some input on that?

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2012, 05:05:04 AM »
"We need to keep the first two pages as simple as possible for maximum penetration-past-intern."

I leave it in Mandrake's capable hands.  :)

"Could I have some input on that?"

As I said, a page devoted to our MMOKiller memes. Call it "NCStupid." Or perhaps you have another use for all our art assets...?

http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/MMOKiller/library/#/user/MMOKiller/library/Community%20authored%20images?&_suid=135520235828103824082967459865

Oh! Don't forget Mr. Bison's video.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 05:16:00 AM by Colette »

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2012, 05:09:12 AM »
As I said, a page devoted to our MMOKIller memes. Call it "NCStupid."

HAHAHA.. nice.

I'm afraid I will have to call it a night for now and return to this tomorrow evening when I get back from my service calls. I'm going to keep checking back for the next 30 min or so for any final changes I need to make to the current site as it is - holler at me here for any placement or spelling changes, etc. Aside from that, any new pages and additions I'll have to wait on. No worries though... we can have all sorts of fun with it :)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2012, 05:15:52 AM »
"We need to keep the first two pages as simple as possible for maximum penetration-past-intern."

I leave it in Mandrake's capable hands.  :)

"Could I have some input on that?"

As I said, a page devoted to our MMOKiller memes. Call it "NCStupid." Or perhaps you have another use for all our art assets...?

Think we could have perhaps 6 panels on one 'page', that could tell the story in a nutshell? This is for a comic book universe anyway, and people like pictures ;) 

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2012, 05:29:16 AM »
Think we could have perhaps 6 panels on one 'page', that could tell the story in a nutshell? This is for a comic book universe anyway, and people like pictures ;)

True, and I certainly don't have a problem with that. I do think that would be a good idea for it's own page however. The reason for this is that although a comic book (especially for this reference as you pointed out) is a great presentation, it is also a very big distraction for the casual reader that is not necessarily on the same wavelength that we all are. If we want maximum impact we want easy to read, easy to follow, simple to absorb information that will take you to even more information as it garners interest.

A comic book layout tends to entice the niche it applies to, but not the general population. Especially those that have 'clutter' issues with web pages. Long story here, but the reason websites have trended toward more and more minimalistic designs is that we've all figured out over time that there is a HUGE market of people that can't focus and follow websites with too much information and distraction. Falls into the old 'F' design theory, etc.

Anyway, I like the idea, but think we should dedicate a page to it, not create the front / second pages in that format.

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2012, 05:33:25 AM »
I'll check in tomorrow night and see what you've all come up with for me to do! Can't wait to see what lays in sotre for me! Or can I?? lol
Night!
Manny

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2012, 05:35:48 AM »
"If we want maximum impact we want easy to read, easy to follow, simple to absorb information that will take you to even more information as it garners interest."

Oh, I concur, and defer to you in all things web.

I think page one is locked, pending further art refinements from Vy an' me.

Page two as well, except you could put a clicky for "more," leading to another page for our videos, the parody art, and anything else the good folks here suggest. Title it "multimedia" or somesuch.

As I said to V.V. earlier, I believe if we get onto TV, that will be checkmate. NCSoft can't withstand that.

I'm going to bed too. Good work, all. G'night.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 05:59:09 AM by Colette »

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2012, 05:43:37 AM »
"If we want maximum impact we want easy to read, easy to follow, simple to absorb information that will take you to even more information as it garners interest."

Oh, I concur, and defer to you in all things web.

I think page one is locked, pending further art refinements from Vy an' me.

Page two as well, except you could put a clicky for "more," leading to another page for our videos, the parody art, and anything else the good folks here suggest. Title it "multimedia" or somesuch.

G'night.

I concur!

Then we will---

UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!  QUICKLY!  THERE'S NO TIME!

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2012, 06:01:33 AM »
Well, the Kraken is on vacation in the Bermuda Traiange right now...how about we unleash this guy....

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2012, 06:10:28 AM »
That is a truly silly walk! :: Shoots "that guy." ::

Okay, some nits to pick before I collapse. Feel free to overrule me, V.V. Page two:

...regarded superhero online game [del comma] ever

...can be found here [comma] INCLUDING important documentation and some much[hyphen]needed...

..keeping everything in one spot [comma] focusing...

Capitalize words in titles: Unethical Game Closure and The Time Has Come to Boycott NCSoft.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2012, 06:32:52 AM »
That is a truly silly walk! :: Shoots "that guy." ::

Okay, some nits to pick before I collapse. Feel free to overrule me, V.V. Page two:

...regarded superhero online game [del comma] ever

...can be found here [comma] INCLUDING important documentation and some much[hyphen]needed...

..keeping everything in one spot [comma] focusing...

Capitalize words in titles: Unethical Game Closure and The Time Has Come to Boycott NCSoft.

Works for me.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2012, 06:45:06 AM »
If I were more artistically inclined I'd throw together an image of a clearly-Kim-Jong-Il villain with the NC logo on his chest standing victorious over a defeated Captain America pastiche hero with Colbert's face.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2012, 07:12:36 AM »
Mondays are busy for me.  I am overwhelmed with what y'all have done since I was able to check online last at 1400 my time.

This is really great, more than I could have hoped for.

Now get your tweeters going!

http://www.ncsoftdestroysheroes.com/

Needs to be everywhere!  Just because we started as an idea for attracting the interest of one person, doesn't mean we can't use it in other places as well.  Does it?

But for Colbert :

Comedy Central can be contacted via website feedback at
http://www.comedycentral.com/help/website-feedback

The Colbert Nation Comedy Central Home Page
http://www.colbertnation.com/

The Colbert Report Face Book Page
http://www.facebook.com/thecolbertreport

Stephen Colbert's Personal Twitter
https://twitter.com/StephenAtHome

The Colbert Report/Colbert Nation Twitter
https://twitter.com/ColbertReport

And I'm going to cruise around Facebook and see about posting it to the SyFy channel page, a local Comic book store's page and anyone else I can think of.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2012, 07:18:58 AM »
I'm not a legal person, but I think you need to put a legal/contact page, or fine prints, on your site. Like "Every material used on www.ncsoftdestroysheroes.com is the property of its rightful owner and is used for parody purposes only. All rights reserved." and "contact webmaster: ... [at] ... [dot] ...". You need a lawyer to cover our asses.
Yeeessss....