Author Topic: Alert the Colbert Nation (We need a Colbert SuperNation TV-Ready Webpage!)  (Read 65031 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: Alert the Colbert Nation (We need a Colbert SuperNation TV-Ready Webpage!)
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 09:08:28 PM »
www.ncsoftmustburninhell.com ... etc... lol

If this site is meant to be an Onion type of story, with a sarcastic satire outlook on the whole thing, I think the site name needs to be a bit more 'realistic.' Like... if there really WERE a giant business guy going around smashing buildings (and most of the world was somehow oblivious to it) and we needed to notify humanity about it... what would we want the domain name to be?

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2012, 09:10:18 PM »
Here's my image. I wanted to get some citizens in there about to be crushed, but I just couldn't find any.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2012, 09:12:46 PM »
I have been meaning... to up the ante with my Save City of Zero Wing video, and take it up to eleven by redrawing some sprites with Statesman as the Captain (already has blue shirt), or Tae Jin Kim (or whatever his name, NCSoft's CEO) as Cats. Plus make a flying titan Network logo fly in the closing take (and remove the petition and bad twitter link at the end). If I had the time, also make a 8-bit version of a City of Heroes music in the same instruments (may if I can find a "mario music"-like game rom for the genesis), so, what do you think, all ? Who could help me ? I'm able to hand out simple assignments for those who want to give it a try, one sprite/thing at a time, and I'm going to make the final cut (again, in PowerPoint !!).
Answering to myself: Yeeessss.... I found it! Now I need an original City of Heroes track that could fit in !!!
Yeeessss....

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2012, 09:14:19 PM »
I'm thinking maybe it's best if I didn't, because I obviously don't understand the whole thing not having seen the show.  I'm pretty uncomfortable with where this is going, not having the context to understand it. I've just never had cable, so I've never seen the show.
To reiterate a point, no one is asking anyone to do anything that makes them uncomfortable.  Comedy is very subjective.  Especially when its dealing with sarcasm and irony.  Please don't let anyone push you into doing something you do not want to do.

With that out of the way....

I didn't even recognize the Gungun Style guy myself, but it would have been recognized by others.  Trying to decide if it's good or not.  One of the older running bits on the show was Stephen's 'fame' as a former Korean Pop artist himself.  Couple fake videos of him and a mock 'war' with a Korean artists that beat him out for a Grammy one year.  So using a famous Korean singer's image could actually go either way.

If you are going to go with Business Suits as the enemy, Stephen is a big fan of profitable business.  Make sure you stress how much money they are losing by attacking CoH.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2012, 09:15:32 PM »
Very nice, Tim! Second's too dark but I can use the first. Let's hear from V.V. on these drafts, though.

Sorry to lose you Lil. Your effort's excellent, by the way.

"Lord knows, if I had the skills, I'd be working on something, too."

Dude, I don't have the skills! I am totally winging this.

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 09:16:20 PM »
...and if you are adding in 'giant monster' type attacks...  Make it a Bear.

Bears are the only natural predators of Stephen Colberts.

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2012, 09:20:15 PM »
Very nice, Tim! Second's too dark but I can use the first. Let's hear from V.V. on these drafts, though.
Please don't wait?

VV is wonderful and all, but she also has a real life that needs tending to.  We can't expect her to shoulder all responsibility for every decision being made.  I think we can all come up with something and surprise her with a finished product.

That, and I really cannot stress enough that faster is not always better, but in this case it is important.  If we want this to be something the Disney Execs hear about before they make their decision then it would have a better chance of success if it caught the attention of the Colbert Report before they shut down for the holidays. 

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2012, 09:22:12 PM »
If this site is meant to be an Onion type of story, with a sarcastic satire outlook on the whole thing, I think the site name needs to be a bit more 'realistic.' Like... if there really WERE a giant business guy going around smashing buildings (and most of the world was somehow oblivious to it) and we needed to notify humanity about it... what would we want the domain name to be?

I think people are missing the very dry sense of humor coming across the internet here...

I'm saying we are all getting wound up - i.e. the absolutely ridiculous website suggestion I gave - seriously? No way.

Let's just all get down to brass tacks here. I think that everyone has a good idea here, but we need to get it going so... let's get it going. Before I purchase a domain name let's decide what it should be. realistically of course. (I will refrain from any comedic ideas this time)

I think a good comic relief image like the one Lily posted will be great, could even use it as the entire backdrop of the site and then go a bit serious with articles, article snipets that link out to their respective websites, etc. End result should be a launchpad type website. Image to suck you in -> Main brief easy to read impact message -> Eye catching headers for other articles taking you elsewhere of importance. Simple but effective information dispersal.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2012, 09:28:55 PM »
"VV is wonderful and all, but she also has a real life that needs tending to."

Same. We're in a hurry. Okay.

Until V.V. sounds off, run with Lil's image. Put the text in. I say call the site NCSOFTTRAMPLESGAMERS.net. Put in links to Titan and to Bison's game. Go to work, Mandrake.

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2012, 09:50:12 PM »
Alrighty. I'll be able to start pputting the page together in about an hour... I'll leave the website domain name open for debate until I'm finished with it probably later this evening. I can easily transfer it to a domain at any time.

I'm on it.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2012, 10:54:32 PM »
Second draft.

Tim's image, brightened up considerably. Lil's monster. V.V.'s text, made NCSoft a "foreign" corporation (making Psy irrelevant.)

"...the burning American flag.... gonna piss people off."

The burning flag kicks butt.

Mandrake, could the website dissolve from the blue, intact view of City Hall to the destroyed red one periodically?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:04:02 PM by Colette »

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2012, 11:16:56 PM »
The flag can stay, but perhaps something else should serve as the clicky.

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2012, 12:39:16 AM »
http://jmobiled.wix.com/cohtemp

Temp site to see what we agree / disagree on. Obviously needs final touchups, but want to get input before I start doing all the final tidbits.

Thanks,
Manny

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2012, 01:03:11 AM »
Couldn't resist. Wanted to have a whack at it...

Feel free to add text to it.
Save City of Heroes | http://www.ourcityofheroes.com/

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2012, 01:08:19 AM »
^ Somehow, my gut tells me dollar signs need to be in that image somewhere. He looks like bills should be clenched in his fists or something.

Dunno, maybe I'm just being reminded of one of my favorite music videos now.

Good inspirational music/imagery anyhow though. For those who have never seen this, enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV4oYkIeGJc

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2012, 01:29:03 AM »
Dang, VyoletRose! You win.

See guys, this is why you don't hire me for artwork.

And where's V.V.? Rousted me outta my nice comfy MMOKiller thread and then vanishes... :: wanders off, muttering!. ::

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2012, 01:36:52 AM »
C'mon peops... how 'bout some input with the new artwork, ideas, etc. not to mention the look of the website? I'm getting tired over here in the midwest... I mean dang... it's like 7:30-ish already! ;)

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2012, 01:44:54 AM »
Couldn't resist. Wanted to have a whack at it...

Feel free to add text to it.

That's it - you win!   ;D

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2012, 01:50:16 AM »
C'mon peops... how 'bout some input with the new artwork, ideas, etc. not to mention the look of the website? I'm getting tired over here in the midwest... I mean dang... it's like 7:30-ish already! ;)
Ok, I've had a look - a couple things:

1)  The sides of the picture are getting trimmed off - at least the left side is for me.  I'm currently viewing it using Google Chrome on 1024x768 resolution.
2)  VyoletRose's image is the best I see so far here.  Sorry, call 'em like a I see 'em.  :-)
3)  When you click on the more info link, neither the Titan Network or SaveCoH websites are hyperlinks, and they should be.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2012, 01:55:36 AM »
"VyoletRose's image is the best I see so far here.  Sorry, call 'em like a I see 'em."

No offense taken, I agree.

If it's possible, dissolve from a staid, quiet image of City Hall to Vy's pic periodically.

I could put my text on Rose's pic, and we could recycle the "black box" of text -as- the clickie. I'll provide these elements.

Clean Atlas Park (resized by me. Should be an easy one-to-one correspondence.)

A City Hall variant.

Vys:

Clickybox (again, should be sized to fit.):

Those should be the elements you need.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 03:05:56 AM by Colette »